You have found a Crimson Banner!

:D

*music plays*

is it RT or turn based?

:D

E

Eltharion

turn based afaik...

at least the good old warlords3 was...and pretty sure the 4'th is as well :)

S

SilverHood

warlords 3?

i thought there was only 2, and the abysmal battlecry series

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by SilverHood
warlords 3?

i thought there was only 2, and the abysmal battlecry series

was warlord 3 and warlords 3 : darklords rising. both superb turn based heaven :)

S

SilverHood

hmm, I think the way combat is done is a bit shit

can loose your army very easily, and encourages zerg armies, rather than skill

a Heroes of Might and Magic aproach to combat would have been much preffered, especially the ability to pull back injured units

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by SilverHood
hmm, I think the way combat is done is a bit shit

can loose your army very easily, and encourages zerg armies, rather than skill

a Heroes of Might and Magic aproach to combat would have been much preffered, especially the ability to pull back injured units

Use troops with the taunt ability. They can drastically alter a battle by taunting then wiping the enemy archers instead of letting the or other units sit back and kill you from range.

S

SilverHood

we playing the same game here?

i stick one unit up front, and they stick one up

winner stays on sorta thing

?

C

cHodAX

Yep but by using skills like taunt you can affect battle order which along with combat spells makes it quite tactical, when you attack or defend towns it can often be 2 or 3 against 1 when you include town defenses and archers. That makes using unit skills such as warding/negate/taunt absolutly vital. As for the combat in general, well I would agree that it could be much better. It's seems the stuck with the tried and tested format from the earlier games, the strange thing is that many people wanted it that way. Some hardcore turn based gamers are a bit wierd :) Personally I would have made a system where multiple units on both sides could be active in combat at the same time. Sadly I don't think the game will have the long term appeal of Warlords 3 but it will be welcome relief for turn based gamers who have had slim pickings so far this year.

C

cHodAX

Oh and the healing skill will often keep your units alive, a unicorn with Healing +3 helped a knight of mine kill a keep full of undead(12+ defenders) on his own. A small but well balanced group can be extremly effective against zergs as long as you make full use of the unit skill and spells system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom