Warlocks

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
ok so im down in vendo exping my warlock <lvl 17 atm ;0>

and there is a purp savage and his bb killing ... i ask him could he spare come con ? intell and end for kiting .....

i would not mind if he said no .. cause some people just dont like to share .. but he said .. "no not for a warlock" ?

i said "lool ur joking right" he said "cba for a no skillz warlock"

by his 13370r coding id say hes a dick but... who knows not gonna name names ;x

This happen to anybody else with any of the new classes ?

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
warlocks sukz if you need a caster for rvr grp or somthing like that go for RM (kobi :p) dark spec at level 50 or Dark SM. BD's are good but not used so much in rvr grp anymore than in the start of the patch when we got TwF. GL with what ever you gonna pick hope you get a good time here.

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
dunno what the problem with warlocks is, if people enjoy playing warlocks just ST to the FU and let them and mind your own shit :p

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
must have been a retard. Cant much more. If u got conc share, if not say you are ooc. Dont listen to Brite, he is clueless

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Well Warlocks seem to have enough self buffs to level very quickly anyway. I can understand what it must be like for a guy like that. He probably gets loads of requests if he is the only guy with a high level bot in vendo. He might well have been low on conc and been rationing it, to give to all the thanes that are being rolled now......

Brite

Banned
Sinnica said:
dunno what the problem with warlocks is, if people enjoy playing warlocks just ST to the FU and let them and mind your own shit :p

the problem is that warlock in rvr insta leeching almost all rps from a fight which is highly annoying and the swarm of warlocks like flys in odins ruining RvR for all realms as no1's going to go there without a FG as you just get insta death

the nerf cannot come fast enough

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wilburn said:
must have been a retard. Cant much more. If u got conc share, if not say you are ooc. Dont listen to Brite, he is clueless

Brite Deleting his Warlock > Everyone else.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Commandment said:
ok so im down in vendo exping my warlock <lvl 17 atm ;0>

and there is a purp savage and his bb killing ... i ask him could he spare come con ? intell and end for kiting .....

i would not mind if he said no .. cause some people just dont like to share .. but he said .. "no not for a warlock" ?

i said "lool ur joking right" he said "cba for a no skillz warlock"

by his 13370r coding id say hes a dick but... who knows not gonna name names ;x

This happen to anybody else with any of the new classes ?
Don't roll a whorelock then ;)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I PLd my warlock to level 19, followed the exact specc the guides said and checked Char Builder to see if they worked (they did) the class is lame. Enough said, most boring char... EVER.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Brite said:
nobody likes warlocks

not even warlocks

. . . says a bonedancer who deleted his warlock. (fact)

I (Logrus) like Warlocks and help 'em where i can, as all MIDS (including bonedancers) should do imo. And oh, i don't mind the jokes about warlocks, and i'm aware we're overpowered blah blah and that we don't fit in a group blah blah. I'm having much fun playing my Warlock (having a blast really), so ....

See if i care :flame:

P.S. hibs/albs will be laughing their butts off with another example of mid teamspirit :worthy:

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Overdriven said:
Brite Deleting his Warlock > Everyone else.

Why delete a class u'r enjoying? As if YOUR opinion if of more value than ANY other :twak:

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Brite said:
the problem is that warlock in rvr insta leeching almost all rps from a fight which is highly annoying and the swarm of warlocks like flys in odins ruining RvR for all realms as no1's going to go there without a FG as you just get insta death

the nerf cannot come fast enough

So, u play rvr to gain as much rp's as possible, so do WARlocks, and they're better at it than u. /hush puppy

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with Warlocks (and Valkyries) is:

1) They don't fit very well into groups.
2) They distract people from rolling group friendly characters.
3) They are not the pet spam/charm class Midgard deserved with Catacombs.

My biggest concern of those are #3.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Azathrim said:
The problem with Warlocks (and Valkyries) is:

1) They don't fit very well into groups.
2) They distract people from rolling group friendly characters.
3) They are not the pet spam/charm class Midgard deserved with Catacombs.

My biggest concern of those are #3.

I agree to that, mid is lacking a pet spam class, WL's could have been that, but mythic decided otherwise.

Also agree to #1, not sure about #2 (as my WL made me a mediocre rvr player, where my Thane, shammy, other chars before were just plain noobs)

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
valks do fit okay into grps, good for the extra interupt

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Elendar said:
valks do fit okay into grps, good for the extra interupt

In a way, WL's fit in a group also, as they're always primary target with the bubble floating around all over :m00:

Brite

Banned
St.Anger said:
So, u play rvr to gain as much rp's as possible, so do WARlocks, and they're better at it than u. /hush puppy

you make it sound like leveling or toa, i play rvr for fun and to have some good fights

fighting a warlock for anyone is not a good fight, and a warlock insta leeching is not a good fight and not fun, i played the class at 50 RvR with SC ect before anyone else did on this server, even tho i rolled 2 days late as i wasnt going to roll until i decided last minute, i cant see where your coming from on finding the class fun, anything attacks you solo you empty your chambers and uniteruptables and hes dead, resists or not its almost 100% certain your going to win, anyone else attacks u fire off uninteruptables and hope you have enough power, with raging power and tarts this is easy street, after a fight run off and reload and regen rinse repeat, oh look theres a balenced FG going to mow me, ah well insta kill there caster, get rps anyway, go back and rebuff, first time i did this myself i laughed my ass off but after a few times i thought it was pretty sickening. I hope the nerf kills off a lot of warlocks but they can still leech as before, most of them hang around the edge of brynja bridge anyhow and insta anything that comes near so bleh

People DO spend a lot of time on there charecters ToAing them up getting MLs RvRing then they see warlocks ALREADY 4 million+ on some servers and complete noobs (best word i could think of) in absolute ROG crap gear hitting 100k+ a week and knocking on rr6+ its an absolute joke and an insult to everyone else.

You talk about realm spirit ? wheres your realm spirit rolling a caster that hurts the realm, doesn't help it, all i see if people rolling fotm this fotm that (mostly SMs and Warlocks, probabaly see a load of tanks now 1.76) and spending half there time pveing in toa getting there char kitted out, if they spent more time on a charecter and got to know it better, get the best gear they could get for it then maybe they would do well with it get groups. I hit rr6 solo unbuffed before i even started getting groups, but ive always concentrated on my bd the fotms bds have been and gone and are still appearing all the time. The fact is there are just too many warlocks, if they where in variation then there wouldnt be such whine, i think the main people who have rolled warlocks are people that havnt done well in rvr before, so they look for the quick fix roll a warlock and think they are good at the class, no anyone at all can be good at a warlock ;P

Stop looking for the quick fix, stick with your old class, concentrate on one charecter and it will be much more fun in the long run, grass is always greener ect. I know ill probably get some abuse for this but i always say what a think, whether its a load of crap or not, i usualy have a good idea of what to say in my head and it comes out like crap on the keyboard, but try and look at it from other people point of view not just your own, and try not to abuse me too much i get enough already so i ahve to take it all out on mega :<

btw megafortehlose :eek: :( :D

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Won't quote all of Brite's, but:

What makes u think i didn't spend hours/days/weeks in building my char ? (erinys, tartaros, jacina's, scallars etc + scrolls for all that)

The way u discribe warlock fights is very right, but u make it sound like it's something not fun to do. (warlocks love it, trust me)

U think rolling a mid caster actually hurst all realms because warlocks kill too much ? ? ?

So what to do with warlocks then, just ignore the class and mid goes back to pre-catacombs ?

Brite said:
i think the main people who have rolled warlocks are people that havnt done well in rvr before, so they look for the quick fix roll a warlock and think they are good at the class, no anyone at all can be good at a warlock ;P

like pip :D

Brite

Banned
warlocks dont kill too much, they deprive the rest of the support classes and other mid classes rps beacuse they run solo but in zergs and leech most of the rps for themselves, how you find insta killing somthing that has no chance against you fun is not understandable at all, its like playing a game with cheats, yeh your killing stuff and winning, but you know it shouldnt be like that and its just complete bollocks, read what i said about people that havnt done very well in rvr before keke, all those artis on a warlock, sigh what a waste, i managed to spot a guilde putting a top class template on a warlock, thats one warlock i stopped from being rolled, i have made the world a better place! everyone rolling fotms doesnt hurt the realm ? trying making a balenced group out of 8 warlocks/sms.

Last time i looked mid was behind alb and hib in lwrp, thats beacuse mid sorely lacks seers, cant make a balenced PUG, we are becoming like albion used to, you know the albion that we used to be able to give a wooping, we used to have atleast 3/4+ guild groups out and then atleast 2/3+ properly balenced PUG's.

I can also play my shaman i like it for a change, its ML7 and rising RR4 and rising, ToAed, maybe not the best template but its all capped and probabaly damn better than many of the mid randoms out at the moment, which are pretty piss poor, there no point in having a long list of 50s if they are all in crap gear in my opinion, a decent ToAed charecter is better than an account with 10 50's in crap gear, you get back from the charecter what you put into it, kinda went off the subject there but im always up for a group with my shaman which is 48aug 24(+14)cave so aoe root, red end, aoe buff shears, shield and id really like to get it rr5+ beacuse i like playing it providing the group is kinda balenced ;) atleast 2 healers or so or even small groups for fun

what did you say again i went off on one... nevermind ;P

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Unfortunatly there are people like that...

Unfortunatly there are people like that. People who take it upon themselves to force their opinion upon others. I can only say, that most of the members of the realm of Midgard doesnt treat their fellow realm mates like that.

In this thread you have gotten some decent responses and alot of really dumb ones. Just disregard the more or less unintelligent answers and try to focus on the positive ones. Warlockas are a class that is abit overpowered in rvr, but there are so many other classes that are overpowered too so just follow your own choice and play the char you feel comfortable with.

If you ever run into stupid people like that again in the mid realm, check if Im online and ill move 3 bbs to you just to show him that you dont treat your realm mates like that.

As a general comment. Remember that how fun you have in DAOC is always based on the amount of both old and new players you have around you. And not all players are 24h a day players going on 5 years now. Some are actually new beginners that try out classes they think are fun. If that happens to be a Warlock, or even a Bonedancer (hint hint) let them play what ever class they find fun. Dont go out of your way to ruin the game for other players. If thats what you get your highs from you really should consider solo games like space invaders etc.

/Charmangle

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
on topic for a brief mo before i go off on one:

Its kinda sad that just because u are a warlock someone wont spare u a buff or 2 - i find that attitude crappy tbh and dont like to see it :(

ok other points and dare I say it but hell yeah... I agree with Brite - he makes some good points.

If ppl only go rvr to get rp's then i think its pretty sad tbh - ooh my epeen is bigger than urs crap - shove all that epeen crap outta the window. If you dont rvr for fun then i dont see a point personally. I dont realy care if 1 session i get 10k or 60k aslong as I have fun and enjoy it either solo on my sb or in a GG playing my shammy.

The main thing that i personally find kinda sad is the atttude of the majority of warlocks ive seen in rvr that dont care about respect/honour/anything at all towards other mids and just unload a chamber to enlarge their already supersized epeen adding on anythign that moves.

Warlocks have got to be just about the easiest class ever to kill something in rvr. Its more or less irrelevant of realm ranks too. Never have I seen an "easy mode" char to come close to the speed a warlock can kill at. This kinda underlines what others have said about making someone who may not have done well in rvr get a tonne of rp's quickly.

I can accept ofc that its all "public rvr and anyone can fight anyone" but the general attitude seems to be that warlocks dont care about anyone or anything other than their lwrp totals and dont seem bothered how they increase it :(

Im sure there are some nice warlocks out there who do have some respect - just I dont remember seeing many lol

Last point... I dont see where the fun can be after the first few wtfpwn kills from a warlock - yeah its a laff at first but then how much fun can it be after a while tho? Wheres the challenge to KEEP it interesting?

ghaos smaug

Fledgling Freddie
Sad, very sad indeed.
I'm still a paying DAoC gamer and like to play the game like I see fit and what brings me the most fun at the end of the day. Because others don’t like certain classes, its your free will to play or not to play them.
The whole adding crap did not just came along with the cata warlock, so pls don’t try to put the blame on the warlock. even thou it's an overpowered class, we all know that, just as we know the nerf is coming closer, as for many other overpowered classes that nerf still did not come...and most likely will never come...so yea lets do what we are good at, lets all jump on the wagon and yell that warlock's suck and destroy the realm's game play...from wining albs or hibs this can be expected, but to turn on your own realm....sad very sad

/salute
/Ghaos

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
about "new" classes,
the valkyrie isnt to be called poplar to, u can only get groups in RvR
if there are short on spots,otherwise they mostly say no, even when the valkyrie is a great class if u know it, and know how to play with it.

And about the warlock, i got a warlock lvl 16. IMO, everybody should look at there own chars, and let the rest play with whatever they want, for all i care there 100 warlocks runing around, its still the ppl own choice what class they wanne roll.

greets vav

Brite

Banned
vavires said:
about "new" classes,
the valkyrie isnt to be called poplar to, u can only get groups in RvR
if there are short on spots,otherwise they mostly say no, even when the valkyrie is a great class if u know it, and know how to play with it.

And about the warlock, i got a warlock lvl 16. IMO, everybody should look at there own chars, and let the rest play with whatever they want, for all i care there 100 warlocks runing around, its still the ppl own choice what class they wanne roll.

greets vav

get your valk bodyguard and gov and the rest of the artis, and a proper super template and groups will really want you, if you get det im not sure if you do but most likely you will be getting in 1.76 will make you even better. Valk is a good class can provide interupt, bg, blockbot, slam, like a thane / champ with a bit more tools, they may be both always called gimped but there are still rr10 thanes and champs, and both classes can be useful so stick at it and respec 42 shield ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom