Warlock nerf.. 1.75

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
Well.. we are mids.. we knew it would happen!

Warlock

- Warlocks are able to combine certain abilities in ways that, in conjunction with a few of their high damage spells, significantly overpowers them. This is exaggerated even more because the amount of damage done by certain Warlocks spells is so high. To help mitigate this issue, we have reduced the damage for the following Hexing spell lines:

2 Lesser Beguiled Pain – Damage: 10
3 Beguiled Pain – Damage: 15
8 Greater Beguiled Pain – Damage: 34
13 Lesser Beguiled Pain – Damage: 66
18 Beguiled Injury– Damage: 77
24 Greater Beguiled Injury – Damage: 97
34 Lesser Beguiled Hex – Damage: 135
43 Beguiled Hex – Damage: 168
49 Greater Beguiled Hex – Damage: 191

5 Infernal Sore – Damage: 9/pulse
9 Infernal Eruption – Damage: 15/pulse
19 Infernal Rot – Damage: 37/pulse
30 Infernal Degeneration – Damage: 55/pulse
41 Infernal Infection – Damage: 76/pulse
46 Infernal Erosion – Damage: 88/pulse

1.75 Patchnotes

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
personally didnt care so much warlock and probably some minor tweak was needed.
just how mythic announced this make me littlebit angry, same time love to albs and hibs, nerf to mids, why not same time small love to valkyrie? poorest cat class.

well, this is common stuff to all mids, nothing new, all new patches start whit "we fixed (put mid class) xx line because it was doing way too much dmg" etc etc etc.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Pah, weak.. I wont buy catacombs anyhow, I'm quite sure of it.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
played trollums rr3 warlock on US servers in old SC and unbuffed and was 1 shoting ToAed buffed casters.... so yea the nerf was deffo comeing.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Shadowblades will be one more step closer of being replaced with NPC's this patch. =P

"- Assassins - Enemy NPC assassins will be dispatched to patrol friendly towers. Players on Personal Missions are encouraged to go and find these assassins and kill them. These assassins will only attack players who have these types of missions."

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Is it RR3 now? :O

fyi I soloed a rr10 merc in closecombat with it too. ^^

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
What spec? What spell? Was it a crit?

A little specifics. Does he one shot every time or was it like 1/20 (or less). Thats the kind of shit that probably got it nerfed.

I don't dispute it was perhaps a little overpowered but really...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
a dot with a 130 tick/pulse did deffo need a nerf :eek:

and yes - i think it was called for, nothing to do with it being a mid class tbh. stop feeling pity for yaself ;p (to the poster, not the rest of you)

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Huntingtons said:
a dot with a 130 tick/pulse did deffo need a nerf

Don't tell anyone but shammies have that with 35 cave or so. Plz don't nerf shammies now

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
When SI and ToA came out, I was in the shops to get the expansion as soon as I could.

Catacombs will be if I am really bored one day. No reason to get this expansion at all.

What really surprised me though, was that Mythic nerfed Warlocks before Catacombs release in Europe. That was wierd, but ofcourse nice to have things cleared up before we could waste our money on it.

Next nerf target: Bainshees

My guess would be that the Cone spells get a drop-off like any other AE ... or heavily reduced in delve. Next nerf will be the magic ablative.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Nerfing is bad. But keep this in mind - we're starting on 1.73 with Catacombs. Next patch after that will be 1.74 - 8 weeks after that. 1.75 isn't even live in the US yet, so it'll be at least 4 months before it arrives on the Euro server.

Until that time, we can at least enjoy them in their overpowered state. God knows what the status of RvR is by that time.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
1.75 isn't even live in the US yet, so it'll be at least 4 months before it arrives on the Euro server.
I wouldn't bet too much money on that, if I remember well when they nerfed LA they released 3 patches at once ... I wouldn't be surprised to see 1.75 in June.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
a dot with a 130 tick/pulse did deffo need a nerf :eek:

and yes - i think it was called for, nothing to do with it being a mid class tbh. stop feeling pity for yaself ;p (to the poster, not the rest of you)

well, atleast mids had short time one dotter who reach same dmg what hib/alb dotters :)
shammy is poor class to compare other dotters because aquity buff dont effect, bd/ba specced have poor dots, only good thing is shammys and bones aedot stack but dunno if this is used rvr?

Peragrene

Fledgling Freddie
hehe i'm on the US server atm (so we are awaiting V1.76 patch) and I can tell ya, ever since the warlock nerf, i've seen about 3 locks in NF, it really just goes to show just how FotM they are. The people that still enjoy the class have used their free full respec to spec HIGHER in hex (quite funny really, they nerf hex to oblivion, and they only end up speccing higher in it :p ) but anyways, expect to see some 50 hex/20 WC and 50 Hex/19WC/rest in curse locks running about as of 1.75 :) most of the 43 hex/30 WC locks have retired tbh, although i've heard of a few who still go by that spec. On the upside, warlocks actually need skill as of 1.75!! :O (hehe, which is why you'll see less of them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom