Warlock 2 or 3 ?

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
I suggest 2. What spec are u planning to use?

Myself 28/46 spec atm.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Keitan said:
how many chambers 2 or 3 ?

/ty in advance
2 chambers if you are solo.
Im still considering respecing to 3 chambers for the grp I’m in, but so far I will stick with the 2 chamber spec.
1. Loading 3 chambers in grp RvR just takes too long time.
2. I will not be able to bomb FGs nicely stacked up with the second best PBAE.
3. I will loose my uber DoT, LT and heal.
4. I will loose my PoM 20.

And I will gain:
1. More uninterruptibles.
2. Faster powerless (faster heals would be the main reason to get this spec).
3. Longer range (Nice with the NS and DoTs).
4. 1 more chamber to use (and load ofc. Another 10 secs where you are a sitting duck).

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Nul said:
I suggest 2. What spec are u planning to use?

Myself 28/46 spec atm.
Hmm you sacrifice
The best LT, PBAE, spreadheal and pom20
to get
a faster powerless and 250 more range on your primer (out of range for your chambers).
A bit odd imo.

If you go from your current spec to 43/30 you only loose your DoT and get 1 more chamber AND the better Uninterruptable (The secondary weapon of a WL imo).

As it is there is only 2 specs for a frontload WL. 50/20 and 43/30. (imo ofc).

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Hmm you sacrifice
The best LT, PBAE, spreadheal and pom20
to get
a faster powerless and 250 more range on your primer (out of range for your chambers).
A bit odd imo.

Thats right. With +8% castspeed and 369 dex my powerless is quite fast.
Saving for aug dex5 now. Then my dex will be 383.
I often dont have to use chambers at all. I use chambers to interupt only sometimes. :)

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Reply on Kathal's edit :p

I use DoT only on runaways or at keep fights. Then I need a good range and
DoT.

When it comes to 8vs8 fights I need fast castspeed. Fast heals and spells. Its a big diffrence between 4.3s and 5.3s cast time and when MoC is down its often the caster that hits first that wins.

I never tryed 50/20 or 43/30 spec, but atm I love to play my WL and Im doing quite well I think. I wont change unless they change the class in some way.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Nul said:
When it comes to 8vs8 fights I need fast castspeed. Fast heals and spells. Its a big diffrence between 4.3s and 5.3s cast time and when MoC is down its often the caster that hits first that wins.
Not if one of the casters is a WL with 1 chamber up ;)

Anyways thx for your view on the class. Interesting spec, but I happy with my spec too so I think I'll stick with it. Happy hunting out there ;)

EDIT: Almost forgot. How do you do vs stealthers ??

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Not if one of the casters is a WL with 1 chamber up ;)

Anyways thx for your view on the class. Interesting spec, but I happy with my spec too so I think I'll stick with it. Happy hunting out there ;)

EDIT: Almost forgot. How do you do vs stealthers ??

WL with chamber. Well, I usally have mine unused unless I must. I.e get assist train on me or if a caster/healer can do his thing undisturbed.

Would be fun to try my dmg vs yours. Is ur WL SCed TOAd etc?
If u see me in svas or so we could do some testing. :)

Stealthers:
I use my staff ;)
Chamber x 2 + uninteruptible til they are dead.
Then rest.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ive stayed 3 chamber on my lock, and tbh postnerf Im still happy with both solo and group play.

The 3 chamber spec I keep my 1875 (+range bonus) 3rd bolt chamber, dead handy against sorcs and scouts, or anyone trying to leg it. Normally loaded with a DOT.

My Lifetaps and DD do hit for less than a 2 chamber, probably about 20%, but I gain faster powrless (4.3 opposed to 5.3 delve), and a handy 2250 (+range bonus) extended range cast, handy on keep seiges and between bridge turrets.

Having MOF2 at least helps, much less resisting but some see it as a waste of points, but as our spells are level 38 for the nearsight, to 43 having the level bonus really does help.

Against stealthers, we go down like most casters, unless you arer quick on the Purge2 and lifetap chamber, then we still come out on top.

POM 5 is good enough normally, having Tartaros is a must, but most of us carry power pots and totems anyway.

I guess its down to personal choice, whilst I envy the damage of a 2 chamber, im happy knowing my last testicle will finish the job, or start on the add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom