Warhammer

Tio McShire

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering .... are Mythic going to be using GOA in Europe to deliver this game ?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
lets hope not
best would be like blizzard do, host everything alone

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
dunno.
i've read somewhere that mythic gonna open an office somewhere in europe.
but it got canceled or smth

Tio McShire

Fledgling Freddie
So nothing official.

Just out of interest, how any people here would play US version of warhammer to avoid having dealings with GOA ?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Jobbegea said:
dunno.
i've read somewhere that mythic gonna open an office somewhere in europe.
but it got canceled or smth
That was first mentioned when Imperator was still a going concern.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not bothered by which provider gets the job.

Not having a datacentre in France on Opentransit is more important.

(as customers playing both DAoC and WoW have found out).

Darzil

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tio McShire said:
So nothing official.

Just out of interest, how any people here would play US version of warhammer to avoid having dealings with GOA ?

Well, since most mmorpg companies that ive had dealings with so far have failed to deliver a satisfactory experience, in different ways, to those of us playing their EU version i might look into playing on US for Warhammer. Guess it depends where people i want to play with are willing to play though.

One thing is for sure, if the EU version is hosted in france i wont play it. End of story. And that isnt a dig at GOA, or their customer service which i happen to think of as fairly good, but rather at the abysmall connections/routing etc that always seem to plauge any game hosted in france but magically disappear when its hosted elsewhere.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Should i go play it.. it'll be US, simply because the English speaking community is way larger there.. then it's here.. And with enough EU's there.. there'll be action at EU prime times too..

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
One thing is for sure, if the EU version is hosted in france i wont play it. End of story. And that isnt a dig at GOA, or their customer service which i happen to think of as fairly good, but rather at the abysmall connections/routing etc that always seem to plauge any game hosted in france but magically disappear when its hosted elsewhere.

Spot on

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
According to Mark Jacobs from Mythic, when he posted on the warhammeralliance forum, he said that Mythic will be opening thier own european office for this game and hosting it themselves.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Fana said:
Repped for that

Tilda

Id play it if GOA hosted it tbh, they arnt that bad.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Arkian said:
According to Mark Jacobs from Mythic, when he posted on the warhammeralliance forum, he said that Mythic will be opening thier own european office for this game and hosting it themselves.

I would love you to link me to that post, because he never said that at all as far as I can see, and i'm a pretty regular reader of that forum.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
I would love you to link me to that post, because he never said that at all as far as I can see, and i'm a pretty regular reader of that forum.

You won't find the exact post as it was posted on the older forum, but you can find it reposted by Pendrako (Warhammeralliance admin) in thise thread:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213&highlight=hosting

Search the page for europe

The quote from MBJ I was referring to is:

28th May 2005

2) All US/European servers will be run by Mythic. We announced the opening of a European office for Mythic a couple of weeks ago and we have every intention of hosting/running those servers.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
depends if they keep the bs patch "translation" delays... if they do i'd go US, assuming the game is worth playing ofc.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
PC gamer done a few pages on Warhammer with a talk with mythic about the game looking forward to it's release.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
depends if they keep the bs patch "translation" delays... if they do i'd go US, assuming the game is worth playing ofc.

Hopefully they'd learn and design the game for multiple languages from day one. After all, translations of text should just be in a database file, and not need code changes.

Darzil

Neo

Loyal Freddie
sposing the game is worth playing.

Goa/France = big no no

Mythic = yesh

Have the servers located in sweden imo, they rox over there :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom