Warhammer classes?

friky

Fledgling Freddie
just wondering about the warhammer classes compared to the daoc classes, eg what is closent to what etc..

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Witch Elf, Witch Hunter - Stealthing MDPS.
White Lion - Pet assisted MDPS.
Marauder - MDPS.
Chosen, Knight of the Blazing Sun - Debuff tanks.
Black Orc, Sword Master - Tanks.
Ironbreaker, Black Guard - Overpowered tanks.
Sorcerer, Bright Wiztard - Spellcaster RDPS.
Magus, Engineer - Ranged DPS with stationary RDPS pets.
Squig Herder - Pet based RDPS with Combat Tomato of Doom™ option.
Shadow Warrior - RDPS with MDPS/Almost Off-tank option.
Disciple of Khaine, Warrior Priest - Melee fueled healer.
Archmage, Shaman - hybrid RDPS/Healer.
Runepriest, Zealot - Healer.

Which DAoC classes these are even remotely similar to, I really don't know, and nor does it matter. Warhammer is not DAoC.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
If you start the game expecting to play a class like in DAoC, you will be dissapointed. The classes are not like DAoC's and shouldnt be treated as such. The basic Archetypes are there, (like Grotnob said) but the mechanics are vastly different.

friky

Fledgling Freddie
thanks guys, na i know its gotta be a different game, just wondering what is good combo, eg sorc and cabby in daoc.. or treo seen as me and 2 of my mates are ganna start and cleric + sorc + cabby treo used to own all

eksdee

FH is my second home
would say shaman is much more like healer/harasser than rdps. i do about 400 per nuke if i'm lucky and all my spare points (full healing spec in main tree) are in the dmg line ;)

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
thanks guys, na i know its gotta be a different game, just wondering what is good combo, eg sorc and cabby in daoc.. or treo seen as me and 2 of my mates are ganna start and cleric + sorc + cabby treo used to own all

It's not so much Rock-Paper-Scissors in WAR. It's more Cabbage-Walrus-Teaspoon.

eksdee

FH is my second home
there are LOADS of possibilities for trios in war it just depends how you like to play.

tank/mdps/healer for ganking

rdps/rdps/healer for kiting and killing larger numbers

rdps/hybrid healer (dok/wp)/healer for similar but more survivability/less dps

tank/tank/healer

tank/tank/hybrid healer

etc. etc.

you get the point! :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
3 SH's with the Big Shootin' r4 morale, for 7200 damage to all targets within 30ft :worthy:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

theres no such simmilarities in WAR. theres not a single setup you can make that will have a better winrate then other setups. any setup, aslong as you have a skilled healer with you will work just as good or bad as anything.

a 3 man group will never be successful in WAR and will only be free RP's to the few FG's out there and not even that to all the warbands that wont even notice what they killed.

eksdee

FH is my second home
i disagree. it just depends when you're running. prime-time, sure you will get run over by the zerg a lot, but i run small groups off-peak a lot and it's good fun.

friky

Fledgling Freddie
Just one more question, im curious on how armor works, is it like wow with sets etc or like daoc with templates and spesific stats caps..?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Just one more question, im curious on how armor works, is it like wow with sets etc or like daoc with templates and spesific stats caps..?

Theres no armour crafting in the game as such. A lot of higher end armour has 'Talisman' slots that you will want to probably save for +19 stat gems (which are very expensive and the games only real economy atm).

Most characters try to pump two stats, for example with my SH, I'll be aiming for 1000k+ ballistics and around 750 Wounds, and any extra added points in toughness/initiative. Theres not a real set way about going for this, some of the high end armour sets have Renown Rank requirements, meaning you might well be changing gear all the way up to rr70/80.

Armour sets have set bonuses for equipping multiple pieces.

Theres no cap on stats as far as I'm aware.

Download Aiteals brill template-creator to help with what bits you want to use.

the sets are listed here;
http://www.wardb.com/search.aspx?sf=1&browse=7

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom