[QUESTION] Warhammer Beta key help

Antet123

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so i got the key yesterday but this is my problem:
I've got the beta key but i cannot figure out how to use it for my war client.
Ex: Where do I use it, and when will i be able to use it?

Best regards:)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
When the account system for Warhammer EU comes up (Sunday I think) you'll have to link it to your account. Then log in using the login and password you've picked.

EDIT: After patching ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
When the account system for Warhammer EU comes up (Sunday I think) you'll have to link it to your account. Then log in using the login and password you've picked.

EDIT: After patching ;)

Well i hope by your thinking the account system doesn't come up on Sunday, should be interesting for all the CE folk that have 6 month old beta keys that might have been mis printed etc :)

Antet123

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks alot m8, its really appriciated.
One last thing though - how long will the open beta last? :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I can't answer that. I think it'll last till release, or a day before (So just over a week?)

Antet123

Fledgling Freddie
I can't answer that. I think it'll last till release, or a day before (So just over a week?)

Oh well, I guess the real fun starts with the release of the game :)
Though I would wish that they would release the beta just a bit earler, like tomorrow or something like that. Then I would have whole my weekend to play :p

Millz

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks alot m8, its really appriciated.
One last thing though - how long will the open beta last? :)

Open beta starts on the 7th and ends on the 13th. CE early access, starts on the 14th and SE on the 15th.

Dongumba

Fledgling Freddie
All new beta testers, is it just me or are you allso having problems with the image you need to read characters from? i can´t get the image to show....

Antet123

Fledgling Freddie
Nope i have the same problem and so does all of my friends.

bartum

Fledgling Freddie
Beta problems

OK, so here's the deal: I'm a journalist and I got a "beta key" from Mythic's PR co. here in the UK. Only it doesn't look like a beta key, it looks like a username/password (i.e. there's a space in it - warpressxxx xxxxxxxx). So I tried to use it to log into Mythic's account system, but it doesn't work. I tried to use it to log into the website (war-europe.com) but I get an error "414". I tried creating a new master account with Mythic and entering the "code" as a beta code, but it doesn't recognise it...

I understand there are problems with the website - new registration is fubar as the verification image isn't working - but is anyone with an old beta key able to log in normally, or do you also get this "414" error?

Any help much appreciated. Anyone with a spare beta key I could try out instead? Game opens in a week's time and my deadline is soon after that, and I want to get some time in rather than write a review based on running around as a noob for a day or two :s

Dralisz

Fledgling Freddie
OK, so here's the deal: I'm a journalist and I got a "beta key" from Mythic's PR co. here in the UK. Only it doesn't look like a beta key, it looks like a username/password (i.e. there's a space in it - warpressxxx xxxxxxxx). So I tried to use it to log into Mythic's account system, but it doesn't work. I tried to use it to log into the website (war-europe.com) but I get an error "414". I tried creating a new master account with Mythic and entering the "code" as a beta code, but it doesn't recognise it...

I understand there are problems with the website - new registration is fubar as the verification image isn't working - but is anyone with an old beta key able to log in normally, or do you also get this "414" error?

Any help much appreciated. Anyone with a spare beta key I could try out instead? Game opens in a week's time and my deadline is soon after that, and I want to get some time in rather than write a review based on running around as a noob for a day or two :s

I read somewhere the old betakeys will be work as open-betakeys Auto. So you not need to do anything with it i think. But as i see now in every min the website have other problems. Could be they are working hard to fix the problems.

bartum

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I'm seeing other people in forums with this 414 error. Looks like the site is getting a heavy pounding!

Also, saw this on another forum...:

A light patch on 205mb will be available soon and the Open Beta begins early this afternoon. We will be updating you with the exact time that the servers will be open before then. Please note that at this time you should only use your Open Beta key, codes for the head start or bonus items are not yet valid.

Some of you are experiencing a 414 error. This is a time-out message, please wait a few minutes and try again.

bartum

Fledgling Freddie
Oooh, after getting login errors on the patcher for a while, it's now saying "0% - Retrieving manifest files..."

So, progress of a sort.

A

Angus

Hmm has anybody else experienced that your key from Freddyshouse doesn't work? I get the message: "That key has already expired". ANd that is after having tried to get past the error 404 for 2 hours.

Well no OB for me I guess...

J

jonathan1970

I've tried a OB key I got with a pre-order box (£10from HMV)! and a key from fileplanet...both say expired!

Dralisz

Fledgling Freddie
Now i see the image to make account but still say 414 error :/

T

Tydust

Ok i would love it yall helped me out here bc im kinda fustrated on this. I got the OB preorder thing and all and made my master account and it says that i have open beta access. Well when i go to download the beta i go though this page
FilePlanet: Join the Warhammer Online Beta
and when i type in the key it comes up invalid or in use...... anyone kno wat i do here?

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
tydust i get same reply as your self on fileplanet.

ok anyone got any help for me tried to download the client for beta from the war-europe site,downloaded 49% and all i get now is connection problem and wont download any more any idea's folks?

been trying to download the beta for 4 days very close to giving up completely cos im getting angry fast......

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
tried torrent takes too long fileplanet is quicker imo.

downloadin now so shud be on tomorrow :)

Barbar_Bar

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure if this is the same problem, I can't get past the registration process. I need to copy a catcha or whats it called. But instead of the numbers I have to copy there is an error message. Anybody have this too or can help me out?

Dralisz

Fledgling Freddie
I tried to make the account yesterday and now i got an email about the confirmation , but even not working... :/ I click on the link and only the war-europe.com loading and nothing else happening.

I think the database still not working.

Dralisz

Fledgling Freddie
I got email about the validation is success, and still i can't loging to the mythic patcher... always saying "Authentication is failed"
If somebody have the same problem pls. say something :D to know not only iam suxing whit this.

I wrote here couse i can't post new thread too. :/

Benzan

Fledgling Freddie
I got email about the validation is success, and still i can't loging to the mythic patcher... always saying "Authentication is failed"
If somebody have the same problem pls. say something :D to know not only iam suxing whit this.

I wrote here couse i can't post new thread too. :/

I have the same problem, not recieved a confirmation mail yet, but the war-europe page say I don't have to any more.

Even so I registered my key over 48 hours ago and still can't get into the game... =(
Only 3 days left of the beta as I understand and I already spent most of my time waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom