Warhammer all free now O_o?

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
If anyone is up for trying it with me then come along ;)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
What are the restrictions on the Endless Trial?

• Endless Trial accounts are restricted to Tier 1 of the Empire versus Chaos pairing. This includes Tier 1 scenarios but does not include access to the Capital Cities or the other racial pairings within the game.
  • Endless Trial users are unable to send mail to other players or use the Auction House and Bank; however, they can receive mail as well as trade with any player face-to-face.
  • Endless Trial accounts are limited to designated servers. If you'd like to play with friends on other servers, you will need to purchase a retail copy of the game and transfer your character to their server (or create a new character on their server).

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Hmmm suxx ;p But ill just try it again on European server then :p got a lvl 38 Runepriest!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well...nobody would pay for it would they?

Its not that bad seeing as it turns shit after T1

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd be surprised if I ever go back to WAR. Everyone I played with feels the same.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
everyone said:
WAR will totally kill daoc!

lolz! I never played WAR or WoW and all I've heard is shit shit and more shit about it

Everz

FH is my second home
WoW did it's part in killing DAoC tbfh. ;s

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I'd be surprised if I ever go back to WAR. Everyone I played with feels the same.

^^ This

Everyone I know feels the same, it was kinda fun, but got old real fast.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
WAR was like a dirty woman you picked up at the club on a Saturday night. At first she was new, cool, and looked great, but once you got inside her you realised there was nothing new, and the next morning the game didn't quite live up to the memories of the night before.

Everz

FH is my second home
Sadly yea , but its still a shit game compared to DAoC (PvP/RvR wise)

True true, but it had the broad appeal and the easy learning that DAoC has and will never have :p.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
I was just in RvR on my 38 Runepriest and was kinda funny :) was taking a keep that looked like old frontier hibernia keep!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i still have vain hopes that Mythic will turn around and make WAR what its supposed to be, but then they would have to ditch the T rating and go for M :(

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
WAR has got a bunch of core problems that I suspect won't get addressed:

1) The tier 4 zones need to be redone, the idea of each zone having an RvR lake sounds great, but in practice the RvR lakes are not big enough. This and the zone capture mechanics force the population into 3 zones. This enforces zerg combat which unfortunatly Mythic thinks is what we want.

2) Its difficult for a single group to make much of a difference in oRvR, sure you can usually heal the randoms to victory in a scenario but that gets old quickly. I suspect this would be different if there was aoe mez, but I can't see that happening in a new mmo these days.

3) There is relativly little character progression, and most of what there is PvE gear based. You can very quickly ramp up to 80% of maximum potential and once you're there there's not much to look forwards to. As much as I dislike WoW it simply does PvE better, lost vale etc was boring. The realm abilities where seriously underpowered.

4) Too much aoe dps and healing, often there was no advantage in single target spells this made the game feel too easy.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
They tried to make the game have a broader appeal (like wow), but they failed to make combat interesting, that was my problem with it. Also too much shit in tier 4, should have kept it more simple.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Actually im having a blast in Warhammer atm :) it has really changed since i played it last time

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Actually im having a blast in Warhammer atm :) it has really changed since i played it last time

Good for you, but what's changed? As far as I can see the end game is still lacking.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Sadly yea , but its still a shit game compared to DAoC (PvP/RvR wise)

after playing wow for 4 years i can say the pve is alot better in wow..more to do etc...but the pvp sucks so much..so far most games i have tryd with pvp content cant beat daoc

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
I was never much of a PvE guy, but I thought vanilla WoW and some parts of TBC were good.

On the other hand, I think WotLK had utterly shite PvE/raids. :p

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Good for you, but what's changed? As far as I can see the end game is still lacking.

Its alot more open RvR based now than it used to be... also in tier1-2-3 Because you can get quests and medals to buy unique equipment for now.
And they made some kind of Darkness Falls too
The ones that owns the most in RvR zones will have acsess to Deadlands :p
It looks kinda like Stygian Delta too lol xD

Roaken

i still have vain hopes that Mythic will turn around and make WAR what its supposed to be, but then they would have to ditch the T rating and go for M :(

That won't happen, the IP (Games Workshop) are heavily involved in bringing kids into roleplaying and rely on sales of figures, rules books, boxed sets, paint etc. They won't turn it into a mature game at this stage.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Much like Mythic said chartransfering from one server to another wasn't possible Roaken?

Suck my fucking balls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom