Wardens?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Posted this on pryd aswell, but not alot of ppl replying there sooo... :wanker:

What are wardens job in RvR? Know they are useful, but got no idea what they should do.

Should they heal or run around and interrupt?

Thx ;)

Kiiz

Fledgling Freddie
Cast TWF and heal, all other wardens (fighter wardens) are useless - Jika said so.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
CorNokZ said:
Should they heal or run around and interrupt?

Thx ;)

Yes, no and more.

A warden needs to wisely use his mana pool to twist his chants, bodyguard and sometimes grapple if he/she is that ml path. A warden must be ready to heal, usually if the druid is in trouble and rezz fallen realm mates if the better rezzers are low on mana.

A warden must ensure his resists are always up, be running a chant whenever possible and cancelling them during downtime for mana regen.

A warden must choose his melee targets carefully, usually a healer or a mage is the best choice and only melee them if they are not cc'd. Powerleak mages and healers if you are that ml path. The main thing is situational adaptability, if you rush into melee all the time or hang back all the time to heal, you are not doing your job and are replacable with a tank or druid....a warden is jack-of-all trades and master of NONE.

Choose artifacts wisely, such things as Egg of Youth is nice and (i know a lot will disagree) but Healers Embrace gives you much-lacking insta heals. Cyclops eye is handy for the stealth lore.

Wardens do poor melee damage compared to melee classes and poor healing effectiveness compared to healing classes...never forget this, it is a fact...what wardens can do is mellee wisely to interrupt, powerleak, grapple, bodyguard etc and break-off to rezz if needed or to heal.

Spec to your personal preference, there is no point speccing a warden for healing/support if you are going to melee all the time...if you want your warden to fight, spec to fight but spec wisely again. Choose those styles tanks often ignore such as positionals to inflict bleeds, short stuns etc...for a warden these are your melee bread-and-butter. Remember the wardens end regen buff and chant and use it when you need it, remember you can twist PBT and damage adder to maximise your melee damage.

Protect your healers, if a tank is on your druid, grapple him, if a mage is blasting your druid, whack him...remember with your melee speed buff your melee swing speed will usually be capped and you can interrupt this guy long enough for your druid to get back in the game....if the mage is out of range, swich to healing...your single line spec heal can do 1000+ if specced right...use it!

RA's are ESSENTIAL to a warden, you compare a rr6 warden to a rr3 warden and the difference is very noticable.

Fury of Nature changes a wardens role somewhat, being able to melee AND heal at the same time is pretty neat...but you need rr5 to get this.

Thornweed Field (aka TWF nerf it ffs!) what a great RA, damage, interrupt AND snare your enemys....but be careful how you use it...if your bard mezzes 20 enemys, dont put it under them...

Vehement Renewal...an insta heal for a warden? Not a lot more needs to be said on that one except that at low levels dont expect miracles :)

PURGE, PURGE, PURGE! A stunned or mezzed warden is worse than a stunned or mezzed mage/tank...you are needed, get back in the game!

MCL...short burst of mana is always useful, even if only at lvl 1, Raging power for the long term solution.

MoC...get off that all important rezz or heal when you need to.

The most overlooked warden RA is serenity! How does running PBT with no mana loss sound?

There is a lot more to be said, and this is only my personal opinion for the most part...the reality is whatevery you spec, whatever rr you are, wahtever arti's you have...a well played warden is better than a poorly played one...know your strengths, know your weaknesses, be flexible and adaptable and you will be worth 2 players to any group. :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
omg, thx m8 :)

copy and paste straight into word, so I can look at it when I ding 50 ^^

:fluffle:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
All you do is Bodyguard, Heal, run PBT, buff bases, buff resists. And also the odd interrupting, yes TWF is the don on a warden, but then you need it lvl 3. Wouldnt recommend speccing a warden for fighting.... damage not all that high, but can get nice with the ml5 bm style. Fury of nature not all that good, twice your dmg in heals not all that much.... maybe you hit for 200-300 due to *2 meleedmg, then heal for 200-300 spread on the whole group (each swing). Wouldnt spend points in this, but nice since its free at RR5

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
The most overlooked warden RA is serenity! How does running PBT with no mana loss sound?

Serenity = waste of good ra points
pbt is crap against assist train and mages helps only abit
and red spec'ed heal wont heal for 1000+ without Wild Healing + MoH
and even with WH (had mine @ lv 2 in OF doubt anyone would go higher than lv 3) you crit 1/20 heals
iirc i've only healed for over 1000 3/10-15 crit heal

wardens job is to BG/Heal/PBT/Grapple/rezz
Imo Wardens should be the main rezzer in group to let druids/bard use thier mana on heal/Interrupts

there's alot of way to play warden right it depends on your group setup and what kind of group you are fighting my suggestion to you is hang back look @ the situation then decide what's best to do

btw not always wise to go and interrupt a mage/healer you'll prolly get rooted/nuked/assist trained to death leaving ur mage/healer with no bg

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Kiiz said:
Cast TWF and heal, all other wardens (fighter wardens) are useless - Jika said so.

u are damn right .. 50 dam from wardens can be outhealed by shaman friggs :p Only use of warden is when he is regrowth spec .. 42 reg.
And twf3 is like 1 of the best interrupt RA's out there atm ! And ofc u can still play grapplemonkey :D ...

to eemma :p .. 42 reg pec heal heals for 850 and with wh(wild healing) it crits like every 2nd time .. so pretty often u get 1200+ heals :p

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
dont listen to jika, hes a ebay nqqb, till yesterday he still thought warden resists included heat and cold 8<

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
hahaha :p well I said after that I was incorrect and I used to rebuff body caus of CB :p

Kiiz

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:
dont listen to jika, hes a ebay nqqb, till yesterday he still thought warden resists included heat and cold 8<

loffr be nice to Jika or ill spank u! :wij:

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
with FoN and battler debuff.. you hit targets for ~400 dam per hit - do so if your grp is on the upper hand of the fight

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:

Imo Wardens should be the main rezzer in group to let druids/bard use thier mana on heal/Interrupts

How often do you encounter assist trains in NF? Not often i find.

Druid 100% rezz is essential, wardens rezz is poor in comparison.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Eemma said:

I don't totally agree with you about serenity.. it has been quite useful for me on both my RM and shammy, because it shortens downtime when lop. Pbt helps more than no pbt, and since NF is deemed dark age of range-alot there aren't many assist trains running.. so whenever you encounter a melee char, it's most likely someone powerful enough for the owner wanting to play him, so pbt helps there.
Hell these are only assumptions because I never played warden in NF, but pbt really helps for my mid chars.. wouldn't like to run without it if I can help it.

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
to eemma :p .. 42 reg pec heal heals for 850 and with wh(wild healing) it crits like every 2nd time .. so pretty often u get 1200+ heals :p

Then there's something wrong with my Warden, I had MoH2 in OF and healed for 750 max and I dont every 2nd time either you are lying to show your (banned HAHAHA) warden off or... you are just lying ;<

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
I don't totally agree with you about serenity.. it has been quite useful for me on both my RM and shammy, because it shortens downtime when lop. Pbt helps more than no pbt, and since NF is deemed dark age of range-alot there aren't many assist trains running.. so whenever you encounter a melee char, it's most likely someone powerful enough for the owner wanting to play him, so pbt helps there.
Hell these are only assumptions because I never played warden in NF, but pbt really helps for my mid chars.. wouldn't like to run without it if I can help it.

imo its waste of good RA points still as there are alot of other good RA I can get instead of Serenity like Purge 3 TWF 3 aug Con etc etc etc and (this I got off Jika) I would much rather have speed chant on for healer to escape tanks instead of lame 6 sec pbt and If that Melee Tank is powerfull enough you should expect either 2xsorc 1x wiz 1x <whatever> or 2x zerker svg/skald/warrior etc etc how does pbt help here? hmmm anyway I guess I shouldnt act as mista know all since I rarely play warden in NF

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
How often do you encounter assist trains in NF? Not often i find.

Druid 100% rezz is essential, wardens rezz is poor in comparison.

I must admit not often, but I do ecounter alot of mages tho :eek:
and where does pbt help here?

as for rezz, What would you want:
1. For druid to lose half a bar power to rezz u and He has less mana to heal/interrupt with just for you u to get full hits and half mana bar and cant do fuck before someone buff you up and before rs to be cured or go away
or
2. Warden rezz for 30% you get up druid spread once you mcl and fight go on with druid having more mana to play with.

I would choose 2. And I think many would agree with me (support me Jika ;> dont let me sound like a n00b)

dont forget to think about RS too and I'm not sure about this but i dont think that many druids has 100% ress since most go high nurt
actually I dont recall getting that many 100% rezz since druids are being interrupted and have to use EoY t.t

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
I must admit not often, but I do ecounter alot of mages tho :eek:
and where does pbt help here?

as for rezz, What would you want:
1. For druid to lose half a bar power to rezz u and He has less mana to heal/interrupt with just for you u to get full hits and half mana bar and cant do fuck before someone buff you up and before rs to be cured or go away
or
2. Warden rezz for 30% you get up druid spread once you mcl and fight go on with druid having more mana to play with.

I would choose 2. And I think many would agree with me (support me Jika ;> dont let me sound like a n00b)

dont forget to think about RS too and I'm not sure about this but i dont think that many druids has 100% ress since most go high nurt
actually I dont recall getting that many 100% rezz since druids are being interrupted and have to use EoY t.t

I'm not a druid so cant comment really, but druids tend to go more for capped powerpools than wardens i think.

40 Regrowth is very common for a druid, in fact it's the cookie-cutter for that line for the sole reason of the 100% rezz, I would guess 90% of druids have the 100% rezz...even the 50% one is far superior to wardens rezz.

Wardens rezzing tanks is cool, but mages and healers need the mana to get back in the game straight away and many burn MCL every time it pops on the bar, these guys need to be back at full hp and with a good mana bar instantly to be effective.

Dont understand your comment on rezz sickness.

PBT will significantly help in NF when single tanks are running around....i admit that assist trains make PBT useless.....but stopping the mainhand swing for DW and LW users is pretty handy you have to admit. I tend to find in roaming NF rvr that your healer usually only ever gets one tank on em, two is rare.

Still, interesting range of views on the subject :)

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
I'm not a druid so cant comment really, but druids tend to go more for capped powerpools than wardens i think.

That's true, but since resses always cost 50% of your mana someone with a large powerpool would be using more mana than someone with a smaller pool ;)

imo its waste of good RA points still as there are alot of other good RA I can get instead of Serenity like Purge 3 TWF 3

comparing a 4 point RA (Seren 2) to some 30 points RAs... :touch:

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Harle said:
That's true, but since resses always cost 50% of your mana someone with a large powerpool would be using more mana than someone with a smaller pool ;)

Im not sure but i tihnk spells that cost a %..like 50% for rez, cost taht % of your naturall power pool before plusses..ie...50% of a ToAed char may only be 40% of their total power pool.

like i said..not sure..but it seemed that way with my AF shields, pet buffs etc that cost % on my chanty.

Burp

Fledgling Freddie
Droods got pr3 for that much better then the 40 reg rezz... and the lvl 39 spread is a mana drainer .. juse the lvl 31 spread .. and still you have 50% rezz in your qb .. and if you wont need the 40 reg annymore .. lower it to 31 spec the rest in more nur or nat ..

Power pool is nice but when it gets hot you will never have enouf .. rp,mcl and power pots is a must to have

Dont know much about wardens .. but i know this nr1 of excal is a warden! so yes the are verry jusefull

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
A 40 reg druid has both the lvl 39 spread and the lvl 31 spread in his spell list, so going lower in reg to avoid the high mana drain of the 39 spread is not necessary any more.
About the high powerpool, yes a rez will still take 50% of your mana, but you get more heals out of your remaining mana if you go high powerpool.

Danita

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
Im not sure but i tihnk spells that cost a %..like 50% for rez, cost taht % of your naturall power pool before plusses..ie...50% of a ToAed char may only be 40% of their total power pool.

like i said..not sure..but it seemed that way with my AF shields, pet buffs etc that cost % on my chanty.

Yeah, that's true for all spells that have a fixed % cost... just not for resses, since that percentage is calculated on the fly ( 50% mana for a target of the same level, more if resser is lower, less if target is lower), so in rvr a level 50 ressing another level 50 will always be using exactly 50% of his/her mana-bar.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Harle said:
Yeah, that's true for all spells that have a fixed % cost... just not for resses, since that percentage is calculated on the fly ( 50% mana for a target of the same level, more if resser is lower, less if target is lower), so in rvr a level 50 ressing another level 50 will always be using exactly 50% of his/her mana-bar.

ah thanks, that cleared it up for meh ;)

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
with 25% healbonus u will heal over 800 for sure :) and I had wild healing 3 and it critted like mad :D

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
and about druids and 100% rezz .. often droods dont have mana/are busy healing to rezz some1 .. or they are shearing some1/interruptng .. ANYWAY .. droods have many things to do, so they sometimes just dont have time/mana to rezz .. here comes warden rezz .. wich is ofc 30% BUT .. nowadays mages have like 3 ways to get mana back fast .. mcl, tartaros, pots .. some have rp also .. so its np to get mana back again ..
Pre NF in toa .. I used to rezz most of the time with warden in RR and VGN grps caus droods just didnt have time for it :)

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
with 25% healbonus u will heal over 800 for sure :) and I had wild healing 3 and it critted like mad :D

keep in mind that we had 3 relics at that time, so another 20% bonus. You won't get those high heals anymore atm ;)

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Wardens rezzing tanks is cool, but mages and healers need the mana to get back in the game straight away and many burn MCL every time it pops on the bar, these guys need to be back at full hp and with a good mana bar instantly to be effective.

Dont understand your comment on rezz sickness.

PBT will significantly help in NF when single tanks are running around....i admit that assist trains make PBT useless.....but stopping the mainhand swing for DW and LW users is pretty handy you have to admit. I tend to find in roaming NF rvr that your healer usually only ever gets one tank on em, two is rare.QUOTE]

I'm sure MCL will be up after the rezz since its on 3 min timer (mine usally is)

Fully buffed a DW user can useally take a mage down in less then 10 sec with 6 sec PBT against LW it is useful aye but having the speed up is much more useful since they can just sprint away (speed 5? with Warden speed)
that is if they arent in combat.

about the rezz sick. mages does 30% less dmg and 20% less movement speed, which means they are less useful and dont forget they need to get buffed up quickly to be able to kill and its not always druid/warden have time to buff them...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
Fully buffed a DW user can useally take a mage down in less then 10 sec with 6 sec PBT against LW it is useful aye but having the speed up is much more useful since they can just sprint away (speed 5? with Warden speed)
that is if they arent in combat.

If pbt stops the first main-hand swing, then the offhand swing will not be so effective....a dw tank can take down a mage in 2-3 swings, with PBT he/she may need an extra swing giving the healer a better chance of keeping the mage alive.

A more useful reason for running pbt is to stop slam on your healers.

A mage sprinting away from a tank isnt going to get away easily, speed is interruptable and nearly all tanks have some sort of ranged interrupt thanks to charged items, RA, Class abilities, artifacts etc.

Also speed is a castable, chants are instants, so the warden wouldnt be able to change from speed to a chant in a combat situation and then recast speed later, there simply isnt time which could be better spent elsewhere.

I freely admit i run speed in combat sometimes (usually when the bard twists to end and we dont have a chanter), but i still think pbt is a better bet if you consider all the situations you may find yourself in.

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not denying using pbt but I still think its not all that good imo, and useally There's a mage assisting The Light tank hitting on the mage/healer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom