Warden Questions

Malakili

Fledgling Freddie
With the coming changes to Wardens and my lack of a group friendly RvR character I was thinking of retemplating my Warden and starting to RvR again but I have a few questions so here goes.

1) If I grapple someone will I still BG if other tanks are attacking the character I am bging for?

2) What RA's do warden go for, at the moment I am only rr3 and have purge 1, twf 1, and mcl 1 with 5 rsp left to spend.

3) I've been looking at templates on VN Boards but am struggling to prioritise which is most important. I'd like to get a template I could use even after the addition of speccing shield but If I need to do two templates then I guess I could.

4) I've read about the CB, stun turn, grapple tactic, is there anything else I should be aware of?

Cheers for any help you can be.

Malakili

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
1) Yea you'll still be BGing
2) TWF3 asap then whatever to your liking, purge and mcl are nice to have. Rest is fluff
3) Been a while since I fiddled with warden templates, but Egg of Youth and Zo'arkat pretty much the essential artifacts. Then with traitor's for the nice interrupt proc.
4) nothing of the top of my head

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
if u want to be a BGr.. get high con and 400 hits.

i think u stiill do bg if u grapple, but might be wrong.. havent been in that situation before.

must ra is TWF 3, others i dont know :p

thats all i can say.. couse i have a fully toad and ml10 warden, but when i got him done.... i really cbad to play him :p

Malakili

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
thats all i can say.. couse i have a fully toad and ml10 warden, but when i got him done.... i really cbad to play him :p

Story of my DAoC life too.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

Fifta

Fledgling Freddie
get winged helm, maybe malice or eirene for arrogance. :C
max con, max hits
af bonus as much as you can get and then use af charges from some leet items
capped resists :D

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
hmm twf3 in open battles on a group is useless, twf3 in an enclosed area like a tower is nice, vehement renewal 2 is nice for group as well, purge 2 is a must....... yes u can still bg while u grapple somebody (provided they are close enough), u dont need mcl if ur template is right, as mentioned egg of youth, winged helm, bracer of zo, gov/erinere's haubrek & battler are nice plus ml10 battlemaster

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
hmm twf3 in open battles on a group is useless

aye mate
ppl who get assisttrained cant shake em off in twf

/sarcasticmode off

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
well malice>>>>eirens anyday, lvl5 /use seems to be bugged and doesnt work like malice arrogance (tbh doesnt seems to be working at all) lvl10 ability is one big mistake (fired in melee but working only on magic dmg + proc rate isnt even decent, and lasting for 10secs) but thats just imo :D Yes BG still works while grappling, but tbh its worst thing u can do with 2-3 tanks around you, you will be insta targeted and taken down (well vs decent grps anyway) :D Personally i have battler, malice, WH on my warden for defense purposes and i like it alot, EoY and BoZ are very important aswell :D As for RAs TWF 2-3 purge mcl1 rest in mastery of blocking (when 1.82 is here). In my template i have 360 hits 32 AF 84 str (mainly for killing pets) 90 con and 93 dex, why dex? There are 3 reasons: casting speed (yes you will have to heal, and there is nothing more annoying than finishing casting heal just after target died), block rate, and slam to-hit rate is mainly based on dex and shield skill :D

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Frostor said:
aye mate
ppl who get assisttrained cant shake em off in twf

/sarcasticmode off

well mr sarcasticmode off, 90% of mid tank groups i've ran into have a shammy spamming disease, so u (diseased) kite the assist train thru a twf and tell me what happens... as i've said already twf3 in an enlosed area is deadly but twf3 in an open area isnt very effective at all, at rr3 my 1st priority wouldnt b twf3, rather purge2 and vehement renewal2 but each to their own

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
disease = 20% speed decrease at MAX
twf = pretty much more speec decrease

hence disease players can kite non diseased players in a twf.

And you still might be lucky enough to have a druid or 2 in group who once in a while cast group cure disease. but only if youre lucky :eek6:

Logann

Fledgling Freddie
Example:
You are bg'ing your caster buddy.
2 screaming mad charging zerkers come at you and straight away realise that you are bg'ing and assist on you.
TWF and kite or twf grapple while your caster stuns and nukes the other.
Example:
If you are BG'inf the support caster while a hero BG's the duty nuker chanter you can place the twf over there postion to allow them to kite should the assist train be on them.

The desease comment is a bit rubbish tbh as most druids I have run with are johnny on the spot with the cure desease..you must run with pants druids m8

TWF is a subtle tool that most wardens use with reckless abandon..my advise would be to get TWF3 asap and then learn how to use it. It will take some time to get used to when and where it has its uses but imo it is just as usefull in open field play as in towers or enclosed spaces.

Just my 2 pennies worth :)

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Logann said:
The desease comment is a bit rubbish tbh as most druids I have run with are johnny on the spot with the cure desease..you must run with pants druids m8

really, i prefer the druids i run with would rather heal, root, shear, rebuffing stripped chars, pets to interupt support before curing poison tbh but i guess we'll have to do with what we got eh.... and u do know how long it takes to drop twf right? The duo zergers that u point out will already b eating ur hp before u get twf down... and i suppose the caster groups u run into all stand together so u can drop twf on em as well?

btw what set-up u run? hero, chanter, 2* druid, bard, warden??

anyways whatever

Zaffa

Can't get enough of FH
this might be news to you hehe
but heals only heal half value on diseased targets - thus the cure disease...

not to mention the snaring effect is annoying at best and it drops weaponskill on tanks

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
It doesn't take long to hit ml1 really :/

Logann

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
really, i prefer the druids i run with would rather heal, root, shear, rebuffing stripped chars, pets to interupt support before curing poison tbh but i guess we'll have to do with what we got eh.... and u do know how long it takes to drop twf right? The duo zergers that u point out will already b eating ur hp before u get twf down... and i suppose the caster groups u run into all stand together so u can drop twf on em as well?

btw what set-up u run? hero, chanter, 2* druid, bard, warden??

anyways whatever

Not going to get into an argument over this..just was trying to offer advise on RA's.
But Im sure if you ask the majority of wardens they will agree that TWF is one of the most imporatant tools you have.
lets have a look at each of your points :

1. Not an expert on druids but the ones I have run with can heal, root, shear and cure all in one fight without any probs ( no name dropping needed)

2. any decent wardy temp runs with the hit points to provide survivability..if you dont have them then its a rubbish temp.

3. TWF is quick to put down...groundset macros are your friend

4. TWF is just about how many people you can drop it on..its is a usefull tool to deny ground

5. I have run with just about every possible damage dealer set up from tank groups to caster heavy

Im not having a go at you mate but I really think you need to open your mind to the subtleties of TWF use in open field play.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
twf is not about dmg imo, its about interupts if placed offencive or the snare part if placed back at ur support/casters. Its also a very good way to deal with pets

Disease should always be cured as it cripples tanks and heals

Malakili

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all the input guys. Got another question.

If I get det as an RA will it reduce the the time I am stunned for after grappling or will that not have any affect?

Malakili

Logann

Fledgling Freddie
Leave det to the heavy tanks mate.
As far as I know, and dont take this as gospel, it does not reduce the stun timer on grapple.

RA's I would advise on are:

TWF3
Purge
toughness
VR

Ive tried most RA's and found the above the most usefull

I am thinking about swapping out my toughness 3 for MoB 3 after the love patch though

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno, still not convinced, i've been running as apart of a fixed gg for nealry 2 years now. At the start of NF i would have said twf3 was a must. I'm now scrathcing my head and asking myself is twf3 worth the points. Let me explain reasoning in more detail
1) Good enemy groups "extend" well these days, so picking the ideal spot is impossible as the battle will have moved quite a distance from where it started.
2) Good caster heavy groups split very well on inc & are too spaced for twf.
3) Twf has los issues
4) If u are just looking for the snare why not go twf1?
5) Twf3 on tower/keep sieges is the proverbial dogs bollox

and btw my warden will hopefully ding rr10 today, has 400 hp in template & IP2 so i sorta know a little about them

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
Dunno, still not convinced, i've been running as apart of a fixed gg for nealry 2 years now. At the start of NF i would have said twf3 was a must. I'm now scrathcing my head and asking myself is twf3 worth the points. Let me explain reasoning in more detail
1) Good enemy groups "extend" well these days, so picking the ideal spot is impossible as the battle will have moved quite a distance from where it started.
3) Twf has los issues

and btw my warden will hopefully ding rr10 today, has 400 hp in template & IP2 so i sorta know a little about them

ohh and i forgot
6) Chasing ppl to get bg on em
7) Grappling and trying to drop twf

Logann

Fledgling Freddie
not saying you dont know anything about it.
Its just the age old argument about TWF isnt it...I for one am in the pro TWF camp.
I could not Imaging BG'ing without it as it has save mine and my casters bacon numerous times when used as a kiting tool.

I would say IP2 is the bigger waste of points...again your druids not doing there job properly :):) (only joking)

anyway horeses for courses and the TWF argument will rage on always

P.S Your still wrong about the duids curing desease though :):)

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Twf also (apart fromall the above mentioned in this thread) seems especially handy if you have a pb caster at times when on warden as bg as sometimes it actually assists in the killing. Problem mainly with twf is los and the 2 secs to cast, I've 5 macros on 1 qb for it interspersed from 300 range to max.

Its sometimes a good tool, its sometimes a posioned chalice, those 2 seconds are an eternity sometimes against the very best groups. Its usually when cleric shears you.

Most use I have for it atm is using it to escape zergs while group kites, or pushing it right forward behind extending casters. The latter makes you a sitting target in those 2 secs and sometimes los makes that more of a problem while you mess about with the height of the x-hair.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Ra's I think I've had everyone available to warden. I currently have det4 for really reapplication of cc and stuns/roots. Helps a bit when purge down. I did have det5, that was nice especially for yellow mez, purge not really needed.

Bang for buck prolly purge3 and no det nice, but against very good groups theres a heck of a lot of single target cc applied to BG. Something I might look at and get em and aom again for moreprotection against casters rather than have cc negation.

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:

throw twf behind em when they do

Jupiter said:

use it defensive then for pets and charging tank

Jupiter said:
3) Twf has los issues

true

Jupiter said:

its 10sec .......

Jupiter said:

don't understand this one ;x

Jupiter said:
with good druids u don't need IP2 , not even IP1

just to mention my ra's for rr7l5

purge 2
vr2
twf3
toughness2
and one point left or smthing

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Frostor said:

if ur fights dont last more than 30secs then no u dont, but if u run into tough groups where the fight goes on for ages, ur group suffers a few deaths but the victory is still in the balance, once ur druids have burned thru di's and mana its nice to know that the bg'r has a little extra even if ppl are trying to fop its then i use vr2 and ip2, trust me its nice...

and on the extending max range for twf is 1500 and yes i have various GT's on qb, so dropping it in the right place and putting yourself in jeopary is still questionable to me.... other thing i forgot to mention was trying to drop it when an enemy drops ST now thats fun.....

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i would run with better druids, get rid of ip 2 and learn to use twf effectively. Thats not meant in a nasty way its just my advice m8...

Ad

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
hmm i would run with better druids, get rid of ip 2 and learn to use twf effectively. Thats not meant in a nasty way its just my advice m8...

Ad

Firstly, it was wrong of me to draw druids into this thread cause i dont know enough about the class, and there is nothing wrong with the druid i run with. Secondly i know how to use twf effectively but i am questioning the effectiveness of it these days, i use twf3 every fight its up and drop it in good places only to see it tick away with enemy 1500units from it thats all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom