Warcraft 3 Custom Maps

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I'm probably the only person that's gonna post in this thread but I know a couple others play TD's and even minigunners when they're really bored so thought I'd make a thread to discuss (as if) the best custom maps around.

Anyway I played a fantastic map called [url="http://www.warcraft.org/maps/details/c2910]Pyramid Escape[/url] this morning and it's by far the most impressive map I've played. If you've played Escape from Gay Heaven then you'll know what sort of map it is, but it's a lot bigger with 18 challenges your team has to complete, and with much more variety. I recommend giving it a try if you're bored.

If you've got warcraft 3 kicking around and have never tried the multiplayer custom maps then you don't know what you're missing. It's just a shame that the majority of battle.net users are insane.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, I bought two copies of this game when I was at home, played the first two single player campaign sets, just got to the Orc campaign when it was time to come back to work :( . I also played against/with the wife on a couple of the included multiplayer games, christ they are not easy :D
Can the custom maps be downloaded and lan'd ? If the wife is still into it when I get home I might suggest that.

Thanks for the info Cask.

Later

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah you could do that but most of them are built for around 8 players. Just connect to battle.net and start joining games and you'll download the maps automatically :)

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Battlenet is teh scary, I went on there a couple of years ago when I had Diablo, all my stuff got nicked or upgraded to uberness within 10 minutes of most games starting :D
Also I am crap at playing WCIII :clap:

I will probably give it a go when I get home from work next month.

Later

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Dota + ToB best maps in total.

Tower defense: Autumn Crossing is damn fun :)

Imo that is ^^

Dax

Fledgling Freddie
I found custom maps to be better than the real game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom