WAR worth signing up for the PVP???

censi

Can't get enough of FH
can someone tell me about the war pvp end game and if its suitable for solo play?

some links will do.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
censi :) the excal love is in the air :clap: to early for me to say if theres a place for me in the solo department during end game pvp. I demand there is if there isnt.

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
The solo scene has yet to develop I think :) I've had a couple of 1v1's so far..
Most order players seem pussies atm though.. on my server anyways :p had lots of higher ranked tanks run away from me :twak:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
aka not worth playing then???

pvp seems a bit budget in this game although i really am not the best person to comment. just interested in the opinions of peeps in the know. but the forums seem pretty quiet too???

is everyone just pve grinding atm???

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Most are fighting their way to 40. I only PvE between scenario queues as even despite the frustrations of certain parts of the system, overall its pretty good fun.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
aka not worth playing then???

pvp seems a bit budget in this game although i really am not the best person to comment. just interested in the opinions of peeps in the know. but the forums seem pretty quiet too???

is everyone just pve grinding atm???

You won't find much solo play on this (core) server, you could try an open world pvp server if thats what you are after imo. More space to roam and more chances of finding 1v1 fights.

People don't generally grind in Warhammer, theres no need too. Personally i do nothing but pvp and occasionally quest a bit if i want a break. You don't ever have to pve if you don't want too as you can level from 1-40 solely in pvp/scenarios but as you can pvp from level 1, theres no rush to hit 40.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
The early stages of all games were nothing like the end result, i mean compare the daoc quickbar to the one that exsists today lol.

There are areas which you can roam solo in WAR that are simular to the frontiers of daoc but atm everyones in the senarios (battlegrounds)

Just to add, in pve a solo player will be right at home aswell as agroo doesnt seem to be an issue. Seriously shoot an arrow at 20 hardase mobs and the one you shoot is the only one you pull :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
can someone tell me about the war pvp end game and if its suitable for solo play?

some links will do.

"War is everywhere":

- a lot of places to RvR are already empty (too much space, to little players),
- you will get added on, no one gives a damn about old DAoC solo policies.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Some people's policies, by no means the majority.

I don't understand what you mean; I said policies and not policy. Having no policy is a policy too :p.

You can think of it what you want, at the end of Dyvet's lifetime, granting someone a solo fight was extending its (Dyvet's) lifetime.

You could also go so far and say that rolling over solo or inferior (less "skilled"/lower level/RR) players all the time killed the game. We (3) left Camlann when we get rolled by guilds like Requiem while leveling and I would have stopped a long time ago to play on Dyvet if there wouldn't be some players respecting certain rules of engagement.

There was always enough place in DAoC to have different play styles in it (I saw RvR as a container for different ways to play the game), but at the end of the day, and mark my words, it was the hardcore solo and group players who joined RvR occasionally keeping Dyvet alive. When those left, it was as good as over.

I find that DAoC's and Warhammer's RvR has little to no meaning to their worlds, so I see some potential in designated areas for pure solo fights in both games, but since Warhammer has a slightly different speed system than DAoC (no mach 5 groups running to one slow solo guy to gank him) it might be not needed for Warhammer: one can try to run away to safe zones easier.

Though I've heard that Warhammer has running speed standards, if this is true, then you will see add-whine at some point. You can play your "but it is RvR"-card then, I don't care. DAoC's and Warhammer's RvR have little to no meaning to their worlds in my opinion and for me it's a very important aspect of a MMOG.

Unlike in DAoC, I never granted someone a solo fight in EVE Online and was known as a ruthless player, you can guess why.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
All I meant was Mani that some people had this 'code' that meant they would do the honourable 1v1 thing and suchlike. Same with FG vs FG. I don't have any issue with that. I have a lot of respect for those that would fight hard and fight well, doing their best to find fights where it was (reasonably) even or even just to test their mettle.

The only time I felt it got a bit out of hand was when people would be screamed at for 'adding'. As you said, DAoC RvR was just a container for multiple styles of PvP, however I don't think anyone has the right to complain when someone 'added' but it became the norm to shout at people for this, which I still feel is wrong.

There are many, many bugs that need to be ironed out in WAR before its even worth considering as having 1v1 content, though it may come in time. Even with its problems the PvP content in WAR pisses all over that which WoW calls PvP.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I think you would enjoy playing it, levelling up solo is not an issue. An depending on your class you can have a decent bit of fun in the scenarios as well.

People that say its not a 1 v 1 game well thats fair enough, but I get more than enough 1 v 1 action camping postern gates waiting for enemy reinforcements to come and help their realm mates than I could count.

I was top contributer last week on a 50 player destruction keep take merely defending the postern gate.

You can solo!!!!!

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I think you would enjoy playing it, levelling up solo is not an issue. An depending on your class you can have a decent bit of fun in the scenarios as well.

People that say its not a 1 v 1 game well thats fair enough, but I get more than enough 1 v 1 action camping postern gates waiting for enemy reinforcements to come and help their realm mates than I could count.

I was top contributer last week on a 50 player destruction keep take merely defending the postern gate.

You can solo!!!!!

How many times were you rezzed whilst "soloing" ? :)

I can remember poor old triggs having to find you and rez you a couple of times :D

M

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
How many times were you rezzed whilst "soloing" ? :)

I can remember poor old triggs having to find you and rez you a couple of times :D

M

pfff He came to find me once and could not got close enough so I released :p

I dont expect a ress though unless I am in the same area as you guys, I tend to be behind the enemy or camping a gate waiting for enemies to come through. The main force is either on the gates or defending/attacking the main keep.

People need to realise that if you stop help getting in, the keep will go down a lot faster, so please send a person or two to defend against defenders!!!

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Heya cens old fart:p A bit early to say what its like yet. Im solo a lot on my Witch hunter though. But so far its very zergy and the goal in the scenarios is to capture flaggs etc which makes for poor solo play^^
I see a potential for solo play for real in the end game though. Im still just 15 and have a long way to go. And the pve grind is horrid;P Im doing most of that solo as well though.
Btw...here is a link to a thread i created about soloing in war on the witch hunter. As you can see war conisist of some very angry zergy people:p

Solo hunters:)? - Warhammer Forums

/sol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom