wanted stealth changes

haoth

Fledgling Freddie
why dont make it so you cant stealth while grped then all those pesky stealth grps would not be any more (i would love this, but i know many would hate it so it never happends /cry) a well maby i shall give it a try myself

Cerberos

Fledgling Freddie
Would love that change:) imposible to solo atm so many stealth zerklings out there its sick.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
stealth zerg is fun when its stealth zerg vs stealth zerg :D

acei

Fledgling Freddie
This would effect things how? Grouping just shares out the RP's, they'd still all walk around together or camp the same spots. Making stealthers unable to stealth when grouped would be a huge nerf for minstrel's, <sarcasm>and it's not as if MoS was already a huge nerf for us is it?</sarcasm>... For archers and assasins it wouldn't be too bad.

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
acei said:
Making stealthers unable to stealth when grouped would be a huge nerf for minstrel's.

And this would be bad in what way exactly, bout time they got the nerf bat smack round the head. lame ass class. :flame:

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry but this is by far the stupidest thread about stealthers ever. I agree that stealthzergs are annoying, but it would be absolutely ridiculous to not let stealthclasses group. I mean, WTF? Sometimes i wonder what you people are thinking. Stealthers are still on the bottom off the foodchain, playing a stealther is harder then playing a normal char because you have no healsupport, guards, pbt's, all the unbelievable RA's that visuals get. If you can't kill stealthers with an equal amount off ppl you are a big great gimp imho. Visuals have all the tools to totally ripp appart any stealthclass.

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:
Visuals have all the tools to totally ripp appart any stealthclass.
Exept the ability to se their enemy before they get instant killed by the stealther...

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Dimmer said:
Exept the ability to se their enemy before they get instant killed by the stealther...

Sorry mate, but looking at your Sig, and it tells me your chars just might not have these ablilities yet.

Any caster that has purge and moc can destroy any stealther, tanks can just easily outdamage or survive us with higher AF, higher DMGtables, things like Furry, Endchant, Healchant, IP, ML abilities that debuff us to crap, Tripple Wield, Moose, Ratmode, etc... Even clerics can kill us with AE insta mezz and then smite us down ( has actually happened to me before ), you got Lifetap and many more things that stealthers are completely useless against.

When 4 stealthers jump 2 Visuals the chances off victory are 50/50 if its a healer and a sorc for example. The few times you actually die because you get PA'd ... AND THAT IS THE ONLY TIME YOU WILL INSTADIE... you got AMAGAD oneoneone a stealther killed me, nerf them, NERF themmmm...

please :eek:

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Theseus said:
When 4 stealthers jump 2 Visuals the chances off victory are 50/50 if its a healer and a sorc for example. The few times you actually die because you get PA'd ... AND THAT IS THE ONLY TIME YOU WILL INSTADIE... you got AMAGAD oneoneone a stealther killed me, nerf them, NERF themmmm...

thats the biggest croc of shite i have read here all week, i mean what a joke, oh and why we are on about RAs, Vanish comes to mind, i mean who ever thought that totally awesome RA up? dont get me wrong i havent particulaly got anything wrong with em, but please dont patronise us by saying they have a bad time!!! if they did why the hell is there so many of em :touch:

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
I never said that we do badly.
Also, when did vanish ever get you killed ?
There are many stealthers because stealthers dont need to wait for 7 other players to rvr . There is no reason to nerf stealthers whatsoever there is absolutely nothing overpowered about a stealther. Name 1 ability that makes a stealther overpowered?
(FZ doenst really count though as other classes can get it too and most ppl surivive a FZ anyways, it also doesnt prevent you from being healed by groupmates)

Eyeball

Loyal Freddie
tbh vanish is crap as hell!!
half the time it don't work bcs of the split second casters that eat you alive.

If something needs fixing it for sure is vanish....well imo :>

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Gungo said:
And this would be bad in what way exactly, bout time they got the nerf bat smack round the head. lame ass class. :flame:
A lame class? You make a minstrel ML10, ToA'ed and see how hard it is for you to get groups! FoP... MoS... removal of MoB... ALL huge nerf's to minstrels. We're still capable classes but by most albs opinion we not group-able classes. The suggestion of removing grouping while stealthed sucks.

haoth

Fledgling Freddie
acei said:
A lame class? You make a minstrel ML10, ToA'ed and see how hard it is for you to get groups! FoP... MoS... removal of MoB... ALL huge nerf's to minstrels. We're still capable classes but by most albs opinion we not group-able classes. The suggestion of removing grouping while stealthed sucks.

i am ml0 low rr and only arti over lvl 2 is my ring of unyilding will and no sc and i feel i do prety decent and i am still unexperienced so maby MoS... and removal of MoB where neded ?

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Eyeball said:
tbh vanish is crap as hell!!
half the time it don't work bcs of the split second casters that eat you alive.

If something needs fixing it for sure is vanish....well imo :>

Quite, and using it against another stealther is just a waste. Its only ever really useful if ur fighting 1v1 and u see a zerg heading ur way.

75% of my fights are against other stealthers anyway. If your walking around solo with no brittle guards up wearing cloth then don't qq when you get ganked by one or more stealthers.

Take away our assasinate rr5 ability as well, its a pile of shit.

Xphyral

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:
Sorry but this is by far the stupidest thread about stealthers ever. I agree that stealthzergs are annoying, but it would be absolutely ridiculous to not let stealthclasses group. I mean, WTF? Sometimes i wonder what you people are thinking. Stealthers are still on the bottom off the foodchain, playing a stealther is harder then playing a normal char because you have no healsupport, guards, pbt's, all the unbelievable RA's that visuals get. If you can't kill stealthers with an equal amount off ppl you are a big great gimp imho. Visuals have all the tools to totally ripp appart any stealthclass.

i agree with stupidest thread.

But. if you set up a stealth group with 2 mincers, 2 scouts, 4 infs or minor variations of, you get:
AM
Guard
crowd control
group ablative
mach 5
SoS

So if being jumped by a set stealth group is the original posters whine i can see a little bit of your point but stealth groups dont like you visibles and your consta zerg either.

if your point is "omfgisgotjumpedbytwostealthersandtheykilledmy4manparty" then you have no one to blame but yourselves.

removing the ability to group for stealthers is an absurd notion.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
haoth said:
i am ml0 low rr and only arti over lvl 2 is my ring of unyilding will and no sc and i feel i do prety decent and i am still unexperienced so maby MoS... and removal of MoB where neded ?

You don't do as well as other stealth classes or other more "group essential" classes. The nerf to MoB was perhaps neccessary but MoS has made our stealth pratically useless, we were already weak against assasins this has made us almost useless against them. Also speed warp, font of power etc has made groups much less dependant on us which makes it very hard for us to get groups. Before all this stuff were introduced we were essential group classes.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
acei said:
You don't do as well as other stealth classes or other more "group essential" classes. The nerf to MoB was perhaps neccessary but MoS has made our stealth pratically useless, we were already weak against assasins this has made us almost useless against them. Also speed warp, font of power etc has made groups much less dependant on us which makes it very hard for us to get groups. Before all this stuff were introduced we were essential group classes.

In my experience minstrels are the best stealtherkillers there are. I don't know about killing visuals, but a well kitted minstrel will make it very, very tough for an y stealther to compete

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Theseus said:
In my experience minstrels are the best stealtherkillers there are. I don't know about killing visuals, but a well kitted minstrel will make it very, very tough for an y stealther to compete

i agree, minser when played right are near impossible to kill. first the stun u then mezz and beat the crap out of u.

+ they have ablative+ 2 insta dds and so on.

play it right, get right ras and u can kill enything.

and minser stealth bad??

i have mos3 and once a minser came stunned me under stealth. i saw him only after the stun.

i can see high rr inf miles away but that guy still makes me ponder!

Korstes

Fledgling Freddie
Xphyral said:
But. if you set up a stealth group with 2 mincers, 2 scouts, 4 infs or minor variations of, you get:
AM
Guard
crowd control
group ablative
mach 5
SoS

that only works for Albs....Look at the mids and hibs the only chars we got that have AM/guard(depends on spec)/CC/SoS is skalds/bard(iirc)..Albs have the better end of the stealther chain with having 1 extra stealther than the mids/hibs and the 2.5 spec points the infs get...

But ye the post is rather pointless tbh it wont ever happen and will just kill the stealther game if it does!

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
People calling for a stealther nerf obviously don't know the hights stealthers reached at the early stages of this game. Stealthers have been getting it up the rectum since about patch 1.46.

If people would actualy like, I don't know... euh, invite ? stealthers to normal groups ? Maybe they wouldn't have to band together.

Erulin the Bloody, inf player since day 3 of US release

Belomar

Part of the furniture
acei said:
You don't do as well as other stealth classes or other more "group essential" classes.
Then, I am sorry to say, it is you who suck, not the class itself. Minstrels are one of the most powerful classes in the game and can solo just about anything if played well. The fact that they nowadays are overlooked in groups is an effect of the natural evolution of the game; opted groups are constantly streamlining, and minstrels are not as essential as the other classes that constitute an optimized Albion group. This is only for gank groups, however; for a PUG, a Minstrel is a very valuable addition.

(Furthermore, just going "minstrel lfg" in Castle Sauvage is not a good way to test the groupability of a class.)

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
i have mos3 and once a minser came stunned me under stealth. i saw him only after the stun.

was it alpha? he is op ;)

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
there are so many things that a stealther has to contend with nowadays that its a plight to even get a viable target unless you have 2-3 backup with you.

add to that the insta rvr (which i hated) and suddenly supply chains are of no use which cuts down the possibility of jumping someone evern further.

Unless your going to suicide and PA an oncomming opted Fg you have little options available.

Casters and their brittle guards negate the shades best form of attack (PA)
MOS negates our ability to keep you interupted, while you lifetap for more damage than we can output with the highest growth rate attacks in game, so you wonder why "most" stealther run in groups? because we are forced to duo / tag team most visibles or get wiped.

as for not being able to grp...lol

anyways this has all been said before.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
i agree, minser when played right are near impossible to kill. first the stun u then mezz and beat the crap out of u.

+ they have ablative+ 2 insta dds and so on.

play it right, get right ras and u can kill enything.

and minser stealth bad??

Most mincers have bad stealth. if you dont see him you dont pay attention.
Ofc it depends on the spec how bad it is. for me as 50 inst, 29 slash, 32 stealth I have to be RR8 to max stealth and then I cant get MoS. so an equal RR8 stealther of another kind should spot you long before you spot him(only difference could be him having SL on and you dont) and its lot like alb swarm with RR8+ mincers. :) All classes are good if RR8+ and played well with the right RA's and so on as you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom