Wanted : advice about earth wizard

Theoderic

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to play an earth wizard but I'm not sure how to play it ...

Any tips are welcome :
- RvR strategies for keep/tower defense
- RvR strategies for keep/tower taking
- RvR strategies for ganking, etc ...
- interesting RA's
- interesting artifacts
- best ML path

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Theoderic said:

Any tips are welcome :
- RvR strategies for keep/tower defense- Can't comment on this yet haven't tried earth spec but am tempting to.- RvR strategies for keep/tower taking-See above.
- RvR strategies for ganking, etc ...-I would probably use the aoe snare if i see multi tanks rushing at me since it's very strong and decent damage due to low matter resists, baseline dd in most other situations and spec bolt casters of course.- interesting RA's-Aug dex 3/4, master of magery 3/4, wild power 3/4, mcl 1/2, purge 1/2(i do not have any, think it's a waste) and aug acuity 3/4.- interesting artifacts-Tartaros, guard of valour, jacina's sash, eriny's charm, tablet of atlantis, maddening scalars, nailah's robes, traldor's oracle are all nice and worth using.- best ML path-Convoker.

If i do try earth spec i would go 47 earth 26 ice, gives me not too bad variance with baseline dd and all earth spells except the last aoe dot.

My views above, that aoe snare is really underated too.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Theoderic said:

Any tips are welcome :
- RvR strategies for keep/tower defense
- RvR strategies for keep/tower taking
- RvR strategies for ganking, etc ...
- interesting RA's
- interesting artifacts
- best ML path

First thing-
Ignore anyone who says your a gimp spec, earth wizzys are useful in both PvE
and RvR.

PvE as a earth wizzy- On epic raids use your GTAoE, the mobs CAN'T resist it, your always hit and always do damage to it making you more usefull to can epic raid than a 90% of other class's that tag along. In a exping group your pretty weak but can help with Crowd control and Single target dots etc.

PvP as a earth wizzy- You have a specline bolt, it almost hits as hard as a Firewizzy bolt, so in keep takes/defending your valuable. Your GTaoe is also useful against both animists and pbaoers.

Sycho answered the rest okay about artifacts etc :p
I'd say Stormlord is your best line being a wizard tho, just for the ML9 ability.
Also i'd spec 47 earth 26 Fire for the Variance on the baseline bolt and fire DD's.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
The baseline fire dd is 171 delve though whereas the ice one is 179 plus at 26 ice you get a fairly decent pbaoe too, i know not great but it's not bad either.(mainly have 26 ice for the variance more than anything though)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
(i know the fire DD sucks...but i figured the extra bolt damage for all these Keep takes might be worth it)

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Right...

My wizzy is Earth... Tried em all and I think I prefer it

<listens for the shouts of gimp>

From a RvR point of view...

Seems a lot of the middies I come up against have the correct resists as I don't get damage in the same league as a fire wiz.

In a group situation, you've almost gotta play as a support caster...
Dual bolt then aoe root/snare depending on mezzers etc...

You're GTAOE is not that good. Don't waste your time expecting it to do huge damage... It's useful to interrutpt out of LOS but you'll not use it a vast amount... Only plus is it's non-resistable

I personally like my DoT but a cabby does it soo much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom