Wanna visit the future ?

X

--xion--

ROFL !!!

hmm definatly some fecked up ppl

O

old.tRoG

what kind of idiot would fall for this kind of thing?...

oh wait.

what was the future like tohtori? :)

O

old.Tohtori

You know, spam, posting, spam, eggs, ham and bacon and spam, flying cars weren't there(still!), SFXman was at about 10k post count, 1.51 patch just came out..only visited 10 years in the future so.

O

old.tRoG

are you sure you didnt just have some sort of nightmare?

K

kharok

Time travel exists and is proven.

Only problem is you can only travel forwards in time.

You can move 10 years forward whilst someone else travels 1.

Or you can move 10 years forward whilst another does 100.

But you can never travel back ... Ho Hum

M

Murphys

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
You know, spam, posting, spam, eggs, ham and bacon and spam, flying cars weren't there(still!), SFXman was at about 10k post count, 1.51 patch just came out..only visited 10 years in the future so.

Nostradamus was so much better than you, Tohto :p

D

Danya

Yeah 1.51 was ages ago and sfxman still isn't at 10k posts!

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by kharok
Time travel exists and is proven.

Only problem is you can only travel forwards in time.

You can move 10 years forward whilst someone else travels 1.

Or you can move 10 years forward whilst another does 100.

But you can never travel back ... Ho Hum

This would also explain why people aren't going missing all over the place due to family members etc. being killed in the past.

I believe in this theory so personally I think that this time travel scam is just another way of getting stupid people to cough up money.

O

old.job

The only difference between today and a billion years ago, is that everything is in a different place.
All the bits that make me were just the same a billion years ago, they were just somewhere else.

L

leviathane

Q: Only ten dollars? How is that going to get me a ride into the future?
A: Compound interest. As long as the interest earned out paces inflation and taxes, the money will eventually build to where the costs of retrieving, rejuvenating and supporting you are fully covered.
hehe had fun playing with their nice calculator.:m00:

L

leviathane

its amazing to see how rich i'd be at an interest rate of 5% on my bank balance. :m00:

O

old.Dillinja

If it works I'll bump this thread in 200 years time.

L

leviathane

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
If it works I'll bump this thread in 200 years time.
hmm get a mod to change the time for 200 years :m00:

S

Serbitar

Douglas Adams fans will recognise this as how you pay for a meal at the 'Restaurant at the end of the universe' by depositing 1p in a bank account in your time, then millenia later the interest on it has incresaed it to loads of cash which is paid to the restaurant.

Same idea.
Rip off.
Hilarious scam.

G

Graknak

"To boldly go where no man has gone before....."
Swoosh!!!! Zing!!!! Vrooooooom!!!!! Pssssht!!!! (and more funky crappy SFX's ^^)

...... sooo.......where do i sign up? :rolleyes:

O

old.job

As I may have previously mentioned I love timetravel paradoxes.

If you travel forward in time, you wont be able to see the older you, because you disappeared in a time machine years ago, even if you went back and returned to your normal life, you would know what you had done and would be waiting for yourself to turn up to see the older you.

If you went back in time and visited your ancestors, they would have told your parents about your visit, leaving them the curious choice of not having you.

Time travel doesn't exist, because time is just a human based illusion caused by memory and forethought.

If I could switch off your consciousness and switch it on for a second every hour, you wouldn't notice the gaps, time would just seem to fly by at 36,000 times faster than normal.
At any point in the universe nothing is happening, it's only the difference between now and a moment ago that makes thing appear to move.

A clock only ever tells the time it is right now, time seems to flow because you remember where it was before.

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
I believe in this theory so personally I think that this time travel scam is just another way of getting stupid people to cough up money.
OH REALLY?!

O

old.Xarr

time travel = mind rape

i'll go watch 12 monkeys again

T

Tom

Originally posted by old.job
because time is just a human based illusion caused by memory and forethought.

Thats not quite true though is it? The space-time curvature is a bit of a sticking point there. Time is a measureable phenomenon, indepedent of human thought.

Mind you, you lot and this entire universe could be a figment of my imagination.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.job

If you went back in time and visited your ancestors, they would have told your parents about your visit, leaving them the curious choice of not having you.

Ofcourse we have to remember that maybe it was a part of the timeline all the time. So you were -meant- to go back in time so your ancestors could tell of this strange person and thus enforce your parents to do the hokeypokey so you could be born and go back in time from the future to show yourself and...etc... :p

O

old.Tohtori

Also a good way to test if you ever will get a hold of a timemachine is this:

Remember, when you get a timemachine(sometime in the future) to come back in time and put a quarter, a donut, whatnot under your keyboard.

Ok.

Remember it carefully.

Now look under the keyboard.

Nothing there?

Well you might have forgotten it.

You might never get to use a timemachine.

You might not give a f*ck about your past self.

The reasons are endless but it's a good way to test it. :p

If there is that donut under the keyboard, we'll probably never see you on the boards as you are now rich and famous and banking Christina Aquilera in your penthouse :D

EDIT: Grah! Newbie mistake...edit button is there..grr..

C

Cyfr

Thou just needs something that will travel faster then the speed of light and your in the furture, or was it past.. :)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
If there is that donut under the keyboard, we'll probably never see you on the boards as you are now rich and famous and banking Christina Aquilera in your penthouse :D

I´d rather be banking belsameth in her coffin... nevermind the survival rate

S

Serbitar

theres also the other theory on time travel - the hyper-dimensional one (dont know proper name). Basically the multiverse consists of an infinite number of dimensions, each dimension being subtley different from each other, some having glaringly obvious differences. Now. as there are infinite of these dimensions it is true that there will be a dimension that consists of whatever you can think of (yes there is a dimension consisting of you, a planet where the seas are made of beer and the rest of the population are gorgeous women, naturally clothing was forsaken years ago - w00t), but anyway back to the point, there was a point there somewhere but i got sidelined a bit,

<finds point>

right. In this multiverse there is a dimension exactly the same as the one we are currently living in in every single minute detail EXCEPT! it was created 1 second before this one, consequently there is also one created 1 second after, and one second before and after thse two respectively. etc etc etc...

So the trick to time travel is actually hopping dimensions sideways between these to effectively travel forward in time while still being at exactly the same point in time. technically.

The only problem with this is that no one actually knows how to hop dimensions.

Actually there is another problem

why would you want to hop sideways through dimensions going forwards in time when you could hop to a dimension where there is only you, the planet, seas of beer and lots of gorgeous women, minus clothes.

Serb.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Am I really the first to say old?

*rubs his eyes*

Well I'll be....

:eek7:

C

Cyfr

Cyfrexplainstimetravel.bmp

Right. Now if your traveling faster then the speed of light, you will infact be traveling in the past (you will see images that were there before the time you came from). Or.. its complitechnicle :D

Anyway, if you can somehow make sence of that, grats to you ;).

Thats just a theory I believe but can't really explain :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom