Walking The Nile.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If anyone likes exploration sort of documentaries, watch this, it started a couple of days ago I think, it's not your standard documentary where it's like 'WERE FROM THE BBC LET US THROUGH'

It's more... realistic, will make your middle class kids think 'OMG MAYBUR I SHOULDNT GO ON A GAP YAR TO AFRICA!'

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
WTF..not watching that again..the frickin journalist died..he was an amazing guy with a family..only 39 years of age and mr dickhead marched him through 49 degrees heat and he died of heatstroke..
I can't get it out of my mind how utterly senseless his death was.

Gwadien

WTF..not watching that again..the frickin journalist died..he was an amazing guy with a family..only 39 years of age and mr dickhead marched him through 49 degrees heat and he died of heatstroke..

There was a reason why I didn't mention that.

Good job for ruining it for everyone else.

Anyway, that's what I'm on about though, the real world isn't David Attenborough documentaries, its more this, he wasn't forced to go there.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No one forced him, he choose to join them. He knew the risks.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well obviously..but he was reckless to march a group through that terrain in that heat with no back up..he would have been pressurised to keep up and a macho mentality from the group sent the poor bastard to his grave.
So sad that such an amazing individual should die so needlessly..read up on what a well loved character he was
Matthew Powers
http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2014-04-11/no-way-is-matt-power-gone

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wow, you are a fucking pleb. Rip to the bloke, but you really have no perspective.

Gwadien

Well obviously..but he was reckless to march a group through that terrain in that heat with no back up..he would have been pressurised to keep up and a macho mentality from the group sent the poor bastard to his grave.
So sad that such an amazing individual should die so needlessly..read up on what a well loved character he was
Matthew Powers
http://mobile.businessweek.com/articles/2014-04-11/no-way-is-matt-power-gone

If you can blame anyone, you blame the people he was working for, or even himself.

It even says in that article that he didn't acclimatise to Uganda, he flew from freezing New York to Uganda and expected to be OK.

It does mention the fact that Woods did have a stupid idea, but Woods could do what he proposed to do, it was their task to follow, so he has 0 of the blame on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom