Wakey Wakey GOA

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
C'mon GOA give us the extra RP's/XP's and under populated bonuses when those still affected by the database issues can actually use it!!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Answer to the same question on a different forum:

About the xp/rp bonuses. The people affected are a minority on the server. It may not seem like it but believe me they are. In most cases even those who are affected haven't been unlucky enough to lose all the items from all the characters that they play. It seemed to us that nearly everyone would be able to take advantage of the bonuses straight away. Also the bonuses cannot continue after clustering as you can't give one server in a cluster different bonuses to the other. So if we held off, the bonus period would have been shorter for everyone. In any case the bonus period is not designed primarily to compensate for the server downtime - that's what the free days are for. The bonuses are mostly to encourage people back to Prydwen after the downtime so that the population normalises again after a period where people may have made temporary homes on Excal or other servers.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
The bonuses are mostly to encourage people back to Prydwen after the downtime so that the population normalises again after a period where people may have made temporary homes on Excal or other servers.

Why? we will be clustered soon, so how will this encourage people back even if the made temp homes on excalibur? surely the population figures for prydwen and excalibur will be merged anyway!

:m00:

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Requiel said:
Answer to the same question on a different forum:

About the xp/rp bonuses. The people affected are a minority on the server. It may not seem like it but believe me they are. In most cases even those who are affected haven't been unlucky enough to lose all the items from all the characters that they play. It seemed to us that nearly everyone would be able to take advantage of the bonuses straight away. Also the bonuses cannot continue after clustering as you can't give one server in a cluster different bonuses to the other. So if we held off, the bonus period would have been shorter for everyone. In any case the bonus period is not designed primarily to compensate for the server downtime - that's what the free days are for. The bonuses are mostly to encourage people back to Prydwen after the downtime so that the population normalises again after a period where people may have made temporary homes on Excal or other servers.

Sorry I didnt see your original answer.

Unfortunatly, I, like many others have lost faith in the process, I dont think you are going to be close to finishing the item restoration by Friday next week.

Offering bonus XP and RP's etc until clustering would have been better than a next Friday cut off.

If it is simply not possible to change it then so be it. But it would be a nice gesture to leave the door a little open.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Tay said:
Sorry I didnt see your original answer.

Unfortunatly, I, like many others have lost faith in the process, I dont think you are going to be close to finishing the item restoration by Friday next week.

Offering bonus XP and RP's etc until clustering would have been better than a next Friday cut off.

If it is simply not possible to change it then so be it. But it would be a nice gesture to leave the door a little open.

Tbh, I would seriuosly doubt it if many people lost faith in this process, we done that WAAAAYYYY befor this problem :D.

nonetheless, GoA is trying the best they can, and if they say they can fix it! they will fix it!!........

*oh god did I just said that? HELP were doomed!!*

Tilda

Tay said:
I dont think you are going to be close to finishing the item restoration by Friday next week.
And you would know how?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Tilda said:
And you would know how?

Because I exercised a bit of logic.

I logged my call on Monday and got a ticket of 971, I have been told the ticket numbers of everybody else in the guild that filed calls and only one has been dealt with. He had a ticket number of 234 or something close to that.

I still have not be dealt with 5 days later nor has anybody else. I also follow the threads of people that have been dealt with and the progress is very slow.

So essentially what I'm saying is there is shed loads of people still to sort out just from Monday let alone anybody that has posted subsequent to that.

This issue that affected a small number of people (Or chars, I'm not sure which anymore), affected everybody in my guild most with more than one char affected. One out of 13 approx chars fixed.

Thats how I know.

Now, if you have any info to the contrary I'd love to see it. I'm not a gambling man but I dont think you'll find many people to bet against me.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Req., both of my level 50's are stripped and i'm still waiting for the items and artifacts back after RN'ing on Monday.

I have no chance at all of making use of the bonus I most wanted to make use of (the RvR Bonus).

Now, believe me if i am wrong, but helping the majority of the player base is NOT good enough. You need to look after every customer and I know a few more from my guild alone with my same problem.

It seems all your doing for me is driving me away to try out different games that I might enjoy than continue playing on Prydwen where the lucky guys that can RN 2 mins after server goes up make 100% use of the RvR Bonuses.

/Rant off.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
I cant do anything worthwhile on prydwen since aug 24th when server went down, sorta annoying :<

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Bugz said:
Req., both of my level 50's are stripped and i'm still waiting for the items and artifacts back after RN'ing on Monday.

I have no chance at all of making use of the bonus I most wanted to make use of (the RvR Bonus).

Now, believe me if i am wrong, but helping the majority of the player base is NOT good enough. You need to look after every customer and I know a few more from my guild alone with my same problem.

It seems all your doing for me is driving me away to try out different games that I might enjoy than continue playing on Prydwen where the lucky guys that can RN 2 mins after server goes up make 100% use of the RvR Bonuses.

/Rant off.

I agree with you but I do understand the reasons for the duration of the XP bonuses et al. This is only the case if clustering takes place the Monday after the bonuses otherwise its a moot point, we should have the bonuses until Clustering takes place.

I just seems to me that a large chuck of people that are still affected are getting shafted.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Dorin said:
I cant do anything worthwhile on prydwen since aug 24th when server went down, sorta annoying :<

I know exactly how you feel.

TheSearcher

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:

/Rant off.

completely agree my main rvr chars are stripped so any RVR bonus's are completely useless for me

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
Virtually all my chars ( lvls 50 , 45 , 43 , 31 , 27 ) have been made so i can't use them , top 3 were completely stripped along with vaults and house vaults , and the 31 & 27 have had their armour changed to a type they can't use .

Only char i have left that i could play , is a crafting alt thats lvl 14 , and i have no wish tbh to xp with that char .

MY chars on excal i can't really risk playing , for fear that i will miss them trying to fix my chars on prydwen , so atm i'm really fed up with the whole thing ( to put it mildly ) .

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Baldanah said:
MY chars on excal i can't really risk playing , for fear that i will miss them trying to fix my chars on prydwen , so atm i'm really fed up with the whole thing ( to put it mildly ) .

play on excal - they'll either fix you when you're not logged in or they can pm you on excal, might take a bit longer but it'll be more fun than waiting.

Of course if you have something better to do go do that instead.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
play on excal - they'll either fix you when you're not logged in or they can pm you on excal, might take a bit longer but it'll be more fun than waiting.

Of course if you have something better to do go do that instead.

As stated by Requiel (in that closed & sticky thread)
"If you're playing a character on another server then we won't contact you (as we don't have time to track you down and relog to send you a message), we'll just wait till you're offline again."

It's a catch 22, and I also tried to point that out as polite as I could to a GM.
I didn't mess up, but if I use my messed up account playing on excal, I will have to wait longer to get it fixed...

And the bonuses on prydwen is of no use if you have a char stripped of everything, or if you play on excal :p
Sure, you can play alts or go excal and risk having to wait longer...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Just saying what (I think!) I would do :) sitting around moping for a slightly shorter time seems daft if you can enjoy yourself on Excal.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Just saying what (I think!) I would do :) sitting around moping for a slightly shorter time seems daft if you can enjoy yourself on Excal.
And I just said you're wrong in the PM across servers thingy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom