waah! cheaters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
So I am sick of reporting cheaters/bug abusers I see. I tested something this weekend by reporting myself and a friend for bug abusing. Got standard answer that just says we look into it. I will update the report with screenshots tonight and exploit more bugs until the GM's will start taking actions towards cheaters.

But as for now it is free to cheat as GOA/GM's don't care or just simply does shit about it. :kissit:

soze

I am a FH squatter
Phoebee-v- said:
So I am sick of reporting cheaters/bug abusers I see. I tested something this weekend by reporting myself and a friend for bug abusing. Got standard answer that just says we look into it. I will update the report with screenshots tonight and exploit more bugs until the GM's will start taking actions towards cheaters.

But as for now it is free to cheat as GOA/GM's don't care or just simply does shit about it. :kissit:

They could not ban them on your say alone so unless you have absolute proff they would have to investigate and catch the person cheating to ban them. And it reads like you have not even sent screen shots in yet, so you want them to ban peole because you say they cheat?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
So u think that just because someone RN someone for bugabusing that person is gonna get banned? Just like that? Not like it requires solid evidence for it or something like that... :wanker:

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
They could not ban them on your say alone so unless you have absolute proff they would have to investigate and catch the person cheating to ban them. And it reads like you have not even sent screen shots in yet, so you want them to ban peole because you say they cheat?

Last 3 reports had totally 6 screen shots, sent them a short fraps movie before. As far as I heard from those I reported not even a warning.

Point was eventhou I report myself provided screenshots with me on places you can't get w/o lag jump they didn't do shit about it. :twak:

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
i dont really care about pve abuse as pve is abuse anyway. The main pain in the ass is window draggers in RvR. I've found the majority to be mids probably cus albs are too dumb to use it.

Pom

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
pomalllka said:
i dont really care about pve abuse as pve is abuse anyway. The main pain in the ass is window draggers in RvR. I've found the majority to be mids probably cus albs are too dumb to use it.

Pom

that got fixed, actually. try logging in a char on a second pc, then try window dragging on your main pc, u just stop still instead of lagging off

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
that got fixed, actually. try logging in a char on a second pc, then try window dragging on your main pc, u just stop still instead of lagging off

Still works on camlann.

Jamie Li

Fledgling Freddie

why would you send in photo's of u bug abusing and cheating if dont like it dont do it and ignoure the 1's that are sooner or later there going to get banned

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Jamie Li said:
why would you send in photo's of u bug abusing and cheating if dont like it dont do it and ignoure the 1's that are sooner or later there going to get banned

I hate cheaters to the bones. But as GM's doesn't take any action when I send proofs of cheating that is without any questions then I am starting to get sick.

Sinces this weekend I am trying to cheat as much as I can(no 3rd party programs as they are harder to detect) just to see how long it takes for them to take action.... Day 4 and counting. As I wrote I will send them more screenshots with me cheating, such as spraed healing from inside walls and lag jumping.

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:

Its not fixed unless mids have a new RA where you are stuck to them but it says you are too far away to twat them with a wep :)

Pom

Gamah

Banned
I have reported several cheaters, 75% of the time they have been perma/temp banned.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
I have reported several cheaters, 75% of the time they have been perma/temp banned.

thats only cause you keep spam emailing them with dirty pics :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
pomalllka said:
Its not fixed unless mids have a new RA where you are stuck to them but it says you are too far away to twat them with a wep :)

Pom

hmm, im thinking that window dragging is moving daoc about in windowed mode to create lag? cos if thats what it is, then its fixed, try it yourself

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Simple fact is that screenshots aren't always the 100% proof people think they are. Surely you wouldn't want us to just instaban everybody based on something that could easily be doctered using Photoshop and some skills.

We DO however investigate EACH and every case that gets reported to us. Sometimes this means not taking actions immediatly but keeping an eye on the characters/accounts that were involved. And quite often we ban/suspend people on Camlann and on other servers for bug abusing.

Just because you don't hear about it on a regular basis (how weird people that get caught for acting like 7 year olds by cheating in an online game don't post about it on a public forum!) doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Maybe we need an official, weekly updating, blacklist so every trigger happy snitch can laugh manically at their "eleetnes" for getting someone banned.

Just report it and let people do their job for FUCK sake.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
So I am sick of reporting cheaters/bug abusers I see. I tested something this weekend by reporting myself and a friend for bug abusing. Got standard answer that just says we look into it.

Did you expect a special message or what?

Phoebee-v- said:
I will update the report with screenshots tonight and exploit more bugs until the GM's will start taking actions towards cheaters.

Already been said, Screenshots aren't solid proof. These things take time, how would you like it if someone reported you for "cheating" and your account was instantly suspended? Doesn't sound fair does it. If it was like that, sadly everyone would be reporting eachother.

Penguin.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Phoebee-v- said:
Thats what I want them to do..... :wanker:

You the kinda guy who calls the police about a stolen bike and expects it to magically appear in your bedroom with a basket of hot buns and a "You've been served by LAPD! :D" card on it?

Things take time.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Everytime I have had a problem, I've fired it through RightNow and it's been solved pretty fast. Seems like their job is being done to me.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
i found a cheater...pls find screen shot enclosed

tab_cheetahs.gif

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ive reported a few ppl in my time, for various things, and the peeps at GOA do take it seriously, but they cant just ban people on spec without the proper evidence in the form of server logs or catching them in the act, radaring is one thing people can only "suspect", proving it is something different.

What I cant understand is why you would want to get yourself banned for bug abuse, what blind logic did you use to come to the conclusion that reporting yourself would prove anything other than you are a total moron? If and when GOA ban you, whats your next post? "GOA banned meh, now I qq all day!"?

:twak:

Oh and BTW, if you sent it at the weekend, I think we all know theres no one in the offices then, so they would be looking at them from yesterday, along with the other 999,999,999 rightnows they get.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Phoebee-v- said:
Thats what I want them to do..... :wanker:

People who use the :wanker: emote as much as you do are often :wanker:s themselves...

And yes, people who have such tiny genitalia thay they cheat against other players in a video game (for fuck's sake, how childish and insecure can you get?) need to die a slow painful death on prime-time TV - OK, I'll settle for being perma-banned - but of course you have to be sure that you've actually encountered a cheat. Just because someone kicks your ass doesn't mean they're automatically cheating.

Or we end up with a McCarthyist state in DAOC where the mere accusation of cheating by anyone who can't handle losing a fight in a video game gets a player banned.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
locked at the original posters request.

For some reason they thought that venting their spleen wouldn't end in a flame fest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom