W o W release date?

kelind

Fledgling Freddie
Silly question perhaps but is the online game discussed on this board the game which is due to be released in October please?

Laston

Fledgling Freddie
in euro to rite as i heard american servers will be locked for us Europe peeps :(

Eroa

Banned
There is a forum for WoW.

And afaik its said febuari for EU release.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
US and Korean release should be sometime at the end of 2004, European beta hasn't even started yet so I wouldn't trust any release dates really. The game is still pretty far off from being completed if you think about class balance etc. Blizzard is doing their "break/nerf stuff and fix it little by little" routine as seen on the latest patch, again. Take Rogues for example, they were pretty much perfectly balanced last patch, now stealth is useless and talent trees are messed up (horrible changes).

We'll see.

Hessian

Fledgling Freddie
Febuary.... :eek2:

Was under the impression release was in a month or two, but seeing as Eu beta has been pushed back & back & back, it's beleivable. Expect i'll get Us' release and move onto eu 'when' it's released.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Vivendi shareholder documents stated:

November = US
December = Korea
January/February = Europe
Mid 2005 = China/Taiwan

These were release dates that they are aiming for. However the US and Korean launches are meant to be at the same time. So I'm not sure what's happening.

Also Walmart published release dates the other day. They stated that it's a 15/11 release, I think other retailers have stated this date also. It could be just a rumoured date as there has been no official release date stated by Blizzard. The two November release dates (shareholder documents) + (game retailers) is interesting though.

Eroa

Banned
But we all know what release dates are there for... to push forward

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Should be out by mid-December whether it's ready or not, Blizzard need to go live by then. Expect a US release between 15/11 -> 15/12.

EU release shouldn't be more than 2 months later... I hope :p
Won't be too bothered if I get in the euro-beta!

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
What I don't want is a gimped pre-christmas release for the EU version :( so they can catch some extra bucks. However I might change my opinion on this depending on my WoW needs at that moment ;)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not really sure what they're waiting for in Europe anyway. The (beta) servers are up (according to some interview)... I'm guessing it's the translation.

I don't see the point in stalling the English version just so that it can be released together with the French/German version. If the French/German people want a version with their own language, they can wait for it; why should we have to wait for a non-translation? :(

(Not to mention that there isn't a Spanish version, which kinda surprised me; it's a fairly wide-spread language after all)

If it truly is the translation, then why is the korean version already translated? :eek: (Guessing to keep the Koreans away from the US beta :p)

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
. If the French/German people want a version with their own language, they can wait for it; why should we have to wait for a non-translation? :(

Exactly what I've been thinking... It's really unfair.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
WoW will be translated a lot quicker than DAoC has been. WoW has been deliberately coded to allow for easy translation; DAoC on the other hand never was (and is still a pain in the ass to do).

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I just pre ordered my copy (limited edition AUS$130) from a local store...they told me worldwide release date is 15th December.

I am ready (emotionally anyways ;)).

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ala said:
I just pre ordered my copy (limited edition AUS$130) from a local store...they told me worldwide release date is 15th December.

I am ready (emotionally anyways ;)).
One can always hope ;)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Wut Ala you actually play games? :p I wanna make my fecking giner dwarf already xC

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
I will only pre-order my limited edition once I'm in beta and I like the game, there is still a chance the game will suck donkeyballs :p

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
Wut Ala you actually play games? :p I wanna make my fecking giner dwarf already xC

Are you serious Hare? Ofc I don't play games! I just like the way the boxes look sitting on the shelf next to my PC :eek:

Whisperess said:
One can always hope ;)

Hope is goooood.

What I liked most about the guy at the store was.......his confident manner :D

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
The European beta page got updated, weeee :)

(still useless but a step forward!)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ala said:
Are you serious Hare? Ofc I don't play games! I just like the way the boxes look sitting on the shelf next to my PC :eek:
It is not to be underestimated as visually appealing furniture! :p

Ala said:
Hope is goooood.

What I liked most about the guy at the store was.......his confident manner :D
:eek6:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
omg :< let it be november! tbh, i cant wait any longer!

(and im bumping every single thread in this forum too this tempo, so hurry blizzard :<)

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
pre order on amazon says it gets delivered febuary 2005, dunno how reliable amazon can be tho ;)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
lewskie said:
pre order on amazon says it gets delivered febuary 2005, dunno how reliable amazon can be tho ;)

pre-order at amazon once said it would be available on the 15th of october....
I don't think I'll be playing WoW tomorrow ;)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Coccas said:
i think us release is 15th november... www.webhallen.se says 2005 only on eu release
Doubt it, unless Open beta is for a very short time.

Then again, a playable demo for Diablo2 wasn't out until way after retail release :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom