VW Video

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I finally got around to uploading my solo video:

http://www.rpgfilms.net/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=572

I've been frapsing my solo fights for a couple of months (between rr6 and rr7) during this time Low Society died, and I was unguilded before joining Preaturean Guard. I had a fair bit of material, and I selected what I hope you'll agree are intersting or amusing clips.

I've organised the video into a few chapters, the first is what it's like being FZ'ed, the second is what it's like to be jumped by an assasin. The fight with Hroft the SB is of particular note here, becuase with SoM and Malice /use2 he absorbed nearly 2000 damage and is proof that SBs can be a force to be reckoned with.

The third chapter is 1v1 versus visible oponants, like the stealthers in the previous chapters all of these where buffed.

The fourth chapter is 1vMultiple, a number of the warders where unbuffed - however they typically don't come solo!

The fith and final chapter is about Adds, in hindsight I think I would have changed the title of this to "What normally happens when I try to solo". I hope you'll find the last two battles amusing, as I certainly did.

My RAs changed a lot during filming but there's two main themes:

- Most of the time I had: IP2, Purge2, AugStr3, MoPain2, Toughness3, MoFocus1 and some other stuff
- I have group RAs in the newest footage (where i'm in PG): Purge2, BA2, AugStr3, AugQui2, MoPain3, MoFoucs1, LongWind1

I probably need to use end pots more, although in most fights I can get away with out using them, and I'm a little too focused at landing positionals at times.

The editing is very minimal as I don't have any editing tools other than VirtualDub.

The music is just a bunch of stuff that I like, I've stayed well clear of Disturbed.

I hope you like it.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Brilliant movie, last time I saw you, you 4 hit me, now I see that dmg is common for you, very strong VW. :)

Lol at the bit at around 17:50 minutes, lots of stealthers popped lol. :p

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
Downloading video mate. I still remember some days ago I jumped u and u saw a lot of skill fighting /respect u are a great daoc player.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
skilled strafing, and ^^ and some of the ppl you fight

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Man I remember you soloing OF HW :)

DLing atm, looking forward to it

Toblerone

Fledgling Freddie
very nice fights, was holding my breath on some of them thinking you wouldn't survive.. i really enjoyed watching it :)

Bloodclot

Banned
uber movie. nice solo etc. and a great example how to play a VW effective in solo rvr :)

nerf that anytime side-stun! :)

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Very nice vid, and you clearly know how to play your class :) Though I'm a bit dizzy from all that strafing and running through ;)

I only wish I had an unlimited supply of Alb Warders to farm RPs off though :(

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
very cool movie mate, looking forward to your vamp for group xD

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
So u finally finished the movie ic ..

Nice vid mate, such strafing :)
Show that a vale can be good with a skilled player :D
Loved watching it :)

p.s. how do u find all those warders instead of the high rr ppl ? :)

Bloodclot

Banned
Huntingtons said:
how can a stun be anytime if it's side-postition? ;>

spam it with backupstyle and strafe some and it lands regardless what position it is :)

Jarod

Fledgling Freddie
VW's is cool :worthy: Why did i start to play Albion? :touch:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Really nice movie, some amazing fights there. Very very well done!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Nice movie, very well played Valewalker! :) LOL at the Scout grappling you when all his friends had died out, what was he expecting to do? ;)

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Should've captured the fight when you killed me but ended up at 1% health and drowned right afterwards :p

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Nice movie, very well played Valewalker! :) LOL at the Scout grappling you when all his friends had died out, what was he expecting to do? ;)

Grappled hoping for adds? :p

Pims

Fledgling Freddie
Nice one Blizz, really enjoyed it.

Can't believe I wasn't in it though!!! :twak:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
almost as funny as when Aldoran (rr10 sb on Prydwen) grappeld a Cabalist when he had him at 10% hp :eek:

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Mostly a guide to how to strafe and runthrough. But still some nice fights in there.
VW is a cool and fun class, nice to see someone do it justice.
Last add scene was pure LoL =D

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks for the nice comments guys.

>p.s. how do u find all those warders instead of the high rr ppl ?

The warders come out of the woodwork when they feel they can get to the docks without being ganked. Can't say I blame them for hiding if there are FGs prowling around beno. Usually they will chase you if they see you, and you can lead them away from their realm mates.

>Should've captured the fight when you killed me but ended up at 1% health and drowned right afterwards :p

There's quite a lot of fight's I wish I'd frapsed, Just ask Pims about all the duo fightes I forgot to record in the heat of the moment ><.

About the strafeing:

I know some people (mostly on vnbords) are very anti-strafeing. I'm not not going to defend my use of it, other than to say VWs have very good positionals and rather poor anytime styles. Unlike pve you can't rely on reactionaries in rvr.

Incidentally walking backwards, or using anything that snares (disease procs, poisons and charges, hinder styles, snare procs, poisons and charges) makes it considerably harder (but not impossible) to land a positional.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
pretty nice vid, i liked that warder duo in harpy feather cloak, winged helm and atens shield :p

such cute couple, almost feel sorry for them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom