What do ppl think so far?

comments, thoughts?

(worth 14RA points?)

A

adari

the graphical effects alone are worth 14 points imo :p

X

Xethron

Was thinking more on the lines of what people had found in terms of damage / fall-off / utility rather than looks and concept ;-]

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Xethron
Was thinking more on the lines of what people had found in terms of damage / fall-off / utility rather than looks and concept ;-]

I AER UBARWANNABE!!!1111

X

Xethron

Originally posted by Arnor
I AER UBARWANNABE!!!1111

Err no, I would like to know if it is worth 14 points /sigh

Please refrain from dragging this thread down to your level

Thankyou

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Xethron
Err no, I would like to know if it is worth 14 points /sigh

Please refrain from dragging this thread down to your level

Thankyou

yeah, and by worth 14 points, you mean will it do ubar dmg, no?

X

Xethron

Damage yes, uber no.

A wizard's job it to take out a target ASAP as damage is their business (see class description) - well if he resist situation weren’t so messed up atm; but on what target to do this damage and when so you don’t get lynched by four angry rats blah blah blah

Well anyway the point of this tread is as I said earlier, is VP worth loosing a level in WP and MoM for the gained utility of an insta DD while loosing some other RAs in context to potentially being a terrible mez breaking device

I would like to hear from someone who's tried it out on open field and at keeps to see what they think

B

Bleeker

well i blasted one off yesterday when we was in odins yesterday and we came up to the retake zerg at a keep (think it was blendrake) and we charged them....i hit 67 ppl/guards/pets and the dmg was from 40ish up to about 800 including crits, (i got MoM1 and WP3) too bad i was alone at that time..if we had had 1 more wizz i think quite a few mids would have died but we will never know :p

too bad i forgot to turn spell effects to none as i was very close to my target and i thought my comp was gonna die when VP went off..

so i would say if you have points to spare get VP =)

S

swords

my only concern is that Midgard will start whining again.
the Thane's are going to come on here and ask why Mythic decided to give Albion a better version of there very special form of crowd control.
You know, the one that affects 56K users :)

T

Tekla

well i got VP yesterday. any wizzies here who got is as well and want to try it out in a group?

O

old.Ramas

The hammers of mezz-break-jlor don't do anything special to 56k users. They cause frame rate problems to people with crap graphics cards and insufficient ram. It is not a bandwidth issue.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Ramas
The hammers of mezz-break-jlor don't do anything special to 56k users. They cause frame rate problems to people with crap graphics cards and insufficient ram. It is not a bandwidth issue.

huh? I thought the servers sent the rendering commands directly?? :eek7:

O

old.Wildfire

lol.

people in daoc love to throw buzz-words around when they dont even know what they mean - poor framerate is nothing to do with 'lag' or 'latency', nor packet loss, for that matter

B

Bilf

He's right, it's to do with wildfire chewing on your phone cables.

K

kirennia

if this at all helps, I worked it out to be a 360ae insta cast bolt range 700 radius nuke...not sure what dmg type is it but it looks like fire or earth.

Very nice...literally doubled dmg since before patch.

To put it into context, it is a little higher dmg then a 100% direct pbaoe and has lower drop off so is a LOT better. Mix it with pbaoe and another wizzie too and the grp wont stand for long.

O

old.Outlaw

It is Alb's answer to Insta stun/mezz - it r0xed b4 patch - it r0x even more now.

L

lac_desariel

Me and Zoyster Drop VP on mids last night before mezz landed and a troll was 60% dead... Worth 14 points... go figure, i aint respecing out :D

W

-Wedge-

Kirennia, the AE-DD is much higher... It doesnt increase due to a spec in fire/ice/earth... So it wont have the same increased damage your normal nukes have (which nuke at around 2.5ish their delve)...

The cap of VP is around 2.3k (yes that high)... Nuke a few grays with it... And you'll see :D

It does around 650 before resists on level 50 targets...

http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?picture=601&pw=2dt6v17558
http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?picture=600&pw=5a62bro7qt

P

Pin

Originally posted by -Wedge-
The cap of VP is around 2.3k (yes that high)... Nuke a few grays with it... And you'll see :D

2300 cap means 766 delve.

L

lac_desariel

Cap is 2160 with no passive RA's and 24xx with MoM 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom