heh :D

Sucks that Labour are set to win again :mad:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Escape said:
heh :D

Sucks that Labour are set to win again :mad:

why? u want conservatives in power? :S

my local candidates all deserve a decent chance, however because of teh conservative name, ben rogers, the conservative standing at the local elections, simply stands no chance, even tho he is probably the best for the job, carol woods, standing for the lib dems is 1-2% points behind labor, so will be a close 1 here, but i think lib dems will come out on top

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Please all vote anyone but labour. Don't want that lying barstard in for another five years. Especially when they are talking about trying to tax us poor (only one swimming pool & 3 cars) ex-pats ;). As it is I have to pay tax on the property owned (rented out) in the UK.

Vote Con/Lib or Monster Raving Looney Party but not Labour.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
it doesn't matter who you vote for, they all lie and never do as promised, I am going to vote for some really stupid party like the natural law party (if they are still going)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
just a summing up of some things that happened during the labour partys past few years :)

iraq war, altho probably legitimate, i now feel that tony blair took the right action in taking us to war, even the attorney general says war would be legal if he appeared to be refusing to comply with UN resolutions after being given a final ultimatum - he was giving that, and he still refused to comply, although progress was happening it simply wasnt fast enough. it appears tony blair was inevitably going to take us to war with iraq.

we joined some act of the EU to give minimum wages, its not much, but now under labour we have a minimum wage.

we opted out of teh Euro - with an option to join later on, many now feel we have missed the boat however this is supported from both the left and the right.

millenium dome - many seem to forget what a waste this was - blair held a press confress in which he said the millenium dome would be built even tho that afternoon he hadnt been at cabinet and had put prescot in charge, who reported to blair that the majority of cabinet were against it - here we see blairs style of governing, more presidential making choices by himself or on a one to one basis, often with his cronies (allister cambell for one)

we've also seen a strong economy, thank u gordon :D.

there was also the house of lords reforms in which many of the hereditary peers were removed, allowed to keep there title but not alloewd to sit in the house of lords, theres now a more elected house of lords.

we've seen a improvement in education, with government plans to have 50% of adults to have experienced some form of higher education by 2010 i think it was.

alot of stuff has happened under labour that i cant remember, ill try remember more and post more later

oh also theres been more privatisation under labour, following the removal of clause 4, to secure the means of production and distribution from the labour manifesto (this was removed back in 1994 when tony became leader of the party and seeked to create a more middle class party in order to win more voteS)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
it doesn't matter who you vote for, they all lie and never do as promised, I am going to vote for some really stupid party like the natural law party (if they are still going)

hmm depends i mean lib dems seem like a honest party, along with greens, i also fear that ukip and bnp are being very honest about there plans :p

id say vote conciously NOT tactically - and keep the right out :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Don't vote is just encourages them.

I don't believe Tony was lying, how can you lie about something that is avaliable for all to know?

The information on Iraq , it's dealings with the UN and weapons it had and resources it had for producing WMD's was all in the public domain.

Did anyone actually think that Iraq had working nuclear weapons that could be mounted on missiles to strike the UK?

WMD's quite obviously meant chemical or biological, more than likely to be used on troops.
All the shit that was bandied round at the time was concocted by the media reading through huge reports and making headlines of small excerpts out of all context.
We are led like brainless sheep by the media.
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU PAY PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU NEWS!!

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Job said:
Don't vote is just encourages them.

I don't believe Tony was lying, how can you lie about something that is avaliable for all to know?

The information on Iraq , it's dealings with the UN and weapons it had and resources it had for producing WMD's was all in the public domain.

Did anyone actually think that Iraq had working nuclear weapons that could be mounted on missiles to strike the UK?

WMD's quite obviously meant chemical or biological, more than likely to be used on troops.
All the shit that was bandied round at the time was concocted by the media reading through huge reports and making headlines of small excerpts out of all context.
We are led like brainless sheep by the media.
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU PAY PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU NEWS!!

VOTE! Its a cival liberty! that you have and MUST enjoy!! i almost feel like i should retype out my essay on this but i cant be bothered.

vote because u have to! if u dont you can NEVER complain about the government in power, those that struggled for cival libertys didnt do it for nothing, the suffragetes? habeas corpus? magna carter? once you have the vote exercise it

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Darksword said:
just a summing up of some things that happened during the labour partys past few years :)

iraq war, altho probably legitimate, i now feel that tony blair took the right action in taking us to war, even the attorney general says war would be legal if he appeared to be refusing to comply with UN resolutions after being given a final ultimatum - he was giving that, and he still refused to comply, although progress was happening it simply wasnt fast enough. it appears tony blair was inevitably going to take us to war with iraq.

we joined some act of the EU to give minimum wages, its not much, but now under labour we have a minimum wage.

we opted out of teh Euro - with an option to join later on, many now feel we have missed the boat however this is supported from both the left and the right.

millenium dome - many seem to forget what a waste this was - blair held a press confress in which he said the millenium dome would be built even tho that afternoon he hadnt been at cabinet and had put prescot in charge, who reported to blair that the majority of cabinet were against it - here we see blairs style of governing, more presidential making choices by himself or on a one to one basis, often with his cronies (allister cambell for one)

we've also seen a strong economy, thank u gordon :D.

there was also the house of lords reforms in which many of the hereditary peers were removed, allowed to keep there title but not alloewd to sit in the house of lords, theres now a more elected house of lords.

we've seen a improvement in education, with government plans to have 50% of adults to have experienced some form of higher education by 2010 i think it was.

alot of stuff has happened under labour that i cant remember, ill try remember more and post more later

oh also theres been more privatisation under labour, following the removal of clause 4, to secure the means of production and distribution from the labour manifesto (this was removed back in 1994 when tony became leader of the party and seeked to create a more middle class party in order to win more voteS)

In there are reasons not to vote for Labour!
For instance to raise the number of educated adults, even more pointless courses will be added to universities.

If Labour were doing such a great job, their election campaign would focus on everything they've done in the past few years. Instead, they're making more promises for the future!

People who vote for Tony Blair to represent them have lost all self-respect, probably the type who watch coronation street. imo, Liberal's would've won if they had a better frontman - someone who's not Scottish for a start :p

I'm only voting Liberal's because I have less trust for Blair and Howard. Sucks to live in a free and democratic country, where every prick under the sun gets to be a politician!

Job

Darksword said:
VOTE! Its a cival liberty! that you have and MUST enjoy!! i almost feel like i should retype out my essay on this but i cant be bothered.

vote because u have to! if u dont you can NEVER complain about the government in power, those that struggled for cival libertys didnt do it for nothing, the suffragetes? habeas corpus? magna carter? once you have the vote exercise it

I don't vote and I don't complain about the government.

Democracy is seriously overated and all the bad things you hear about dictatorships are from people with a vested interest in democracy.

Singapore is practically a dictatorship and everyone I know who lives there or has visited say it's a fantastic country, people cast votes for the most stupid short term reasons, most have no frekin clue what's going on.
Democracy is like the factory workers having the say on the running of the company, very nice for them on the short term ,but guaranteed to end in shit.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
As someone who lived through the fucking disaster that was the previous Conservative government I hope ANYONE gets into power except those tory wankers.
Micheal Howard bangs on about honesty. That from one of Thatchers lapdogs?
He is filth and anyone who votes for him has no concience.

On your own heads be it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
if blair didnt tell the truth about iraq he must have been mis-informed and duped by America, which, if another country has such power over our polititions, is more worrying than them covering up. I would vote conservative, but from what i can see they dont have any proper policies, just points scoring sound bites.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
As someone who lived through the fucking disaster that was the previous Conservative government I hope ANYONE gets into power except those tory wankers.
Micheal Howard bangs on about honesty. That from one of Thatchers lapdogs?
He is filth and anyone who votes for him has no concience.

On your own heads be it.

If it wasn't for thature coal miners would be being paid £100 an hour and any Union would get anything they wanted :|

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

Vote for Kilroy! :O

soze

I am a FH squatter
I still dont know who to vote for but one thing i do know is it wont be conservative as everything ive seen by them is just slaging of Blair not telling me why this other guy will be better. Just reminds me of a playgroud argument so i dont want him running my country.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Earl said:
If it wasn't for thature coal miners would be being paid £100 an hour and any Union would get anything they wanted :|

Yeah its a far preferable situation Thatcher came up with.
NO coal mining industry and tossors wearing red braces and working in the City of London getting paid £100 an hour.
Her legacy of a bankrupt country, over 3 million out of work, interest rates of 15% and the UK, once the manufacturing workshop of the world, left with virtualy no industrial base.
This country is still trying to recover from what that cow did to us.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Support the Darwin Party.
We favour providing no healthcare and letting natural selection takes its course.

Job

I'm sorry but whatever you may think of old Maggie she did, without any argument possible, save this country from total bankrupcy.

The Labour government had totally and utterly destroyed our economy, we had to borrow money of the Arabs to prevent the country going into insolvency.

She just got the books out and saw where it was all going wrong and made huge unpopular cuts and broke the backs of the unions.

Without her we would be a third world country by now.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I really don't know what to vote for atm, 1st time I'll be voting this round.

I live in a road with 3 big boards each with a different parties advert on, all slagging off the others, their agressive advertising puts me off.

One of the topics that has caught my attention is about fees for uni's, one party was talking about removing them, my best friend couldn't get into uni because she couldn't get the funds, but then again where would they get the money for that?

My main problem is that I don't trust what these people do with public money, specialy what these MP's etc can claim and so on, remember on the news they can claim for travel money, accomedation, even building work on their house on top of their wages. o_O

I love it when they suddenly pull out xxx Billions out of no where to cover this or that, where do they keep it?

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
I'm sorry but whatever you may think of old Maggie she did, without any argument possible, save this country from total bankrupcy.

The Labour government had totally and utterly destroyed our economy, we had to borrow money of the Arabs to prevent the country going into insolvency.

She just got the books out and saw where it was all going wrong and made huge unpopular cuts and broke the backs of the unions.

Without her we would be a third world country by now.

wish she'd come and sort out my country (France) - or at least the breaking the trade unions' backs ;)

Personally if I were English and could vote in this election I'd vote for the Lib Dems. I don't like the labour party and as several people have pointed out in this thread - the tories tend to just argue against what labour do rather than organising themselves and their own policies.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:

Under the current 'democratic' system in place in this and most countries, you certainly are justified to not vote and then complain. Where the choice of the people is limited to candidates that have been selected by various party manifestos withholding your vote is as much a protest as voting for the other party. Also it would be unwise to construe that voting is essential now because of the past efforts to gain civil liberties as clearly any action, or indeed inaction, should be the individuals choice otherwise what liberty has been gained? You perhaps could justify the requirement of voting via a utilitarian argument but man that would be almost as boring as this post.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
got two essays to write about this whole thing

do elections change anything

and

something else

but seriously voting should be a must, we should all exercise the write to vote because its just such a huge part of our political system and determines what will/should be on the agenda in the next 5 years etc oh i cant be arsed :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
if you are not going to cast a vote go to the polling station and rip up your voting slip... then they register you as voting for no one :)

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:
wish she'd come and sort out my country (France) - or at least the breaking the trade unions' backs ;)

Personally if I were English and could vote in this election I'd vote for the Lib Dems. I don't like the labour party and as several people have pointed out in this thread - the tories tend to just argue against what labour do rather than organising themselves and their own policies.

Best idea I ever heard ..... send Thatcher to France.
It gets my vote :)

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:

Ah I'm french and I too think we would need a Thatcher (but more pro-EU than the British Thatcher) to kick some asses. I'm getting tired to pay taxes for the lazies people who didn't want to work at school and are now running the unions and stricking every two months (it's ALWAYS the SAME 5% of people who are strinking and blocking the country :puke: )

Natswoo

Banned
Monster Raving looney party... i want 99p coins!!!!! Also moving England to the Med would be great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom