Vote for clustering?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Where can i vote for what the servers should be clustered at? (like rvr only, or SI etc etc)

give link please :)

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Is there a place i can see how the polls ended? :/

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think they're publishing it, at least not anytime soon.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Do people even know what the Friday news is?

Sometimes I really wonder...

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Please guys, read the friday news... y'all read all you need to know bout it...
http://daoc.goa.com/en/

and for those that are even too lazy for that:

GoA @ The news said:
[20-05-2005] The Camelot Reporter

This week, we will revisit the survey concerning the /level command and also on the possible server clustering on some of our servers and the network maintenance run yesterday morning. As well as this, you will have the opportunity to admire the excellent memory of any well educated Norseman.

End of the issues to access our platform
After the maintenance run yesterday morning, the latency spikes and disconnections that affected many players recently have been eliminated. Other actions are planned in order to assure the durability of these fixes. Nevertheless, the quality of the game has been restored.

However, in order to thank you for your patience and help - mostly through your feedback to the customer support - we will offer you 7 free subscription days that will be added to the current period.

The /level command
Last week, we asked for your opinion via a survey concerning putting the /level command in place on Deira and Cumbria, our two new servers.

This poll raised passionate debates through the community forums and through the numerous messages our customer support service received.

The result is that - while many of you asked for it to be removed - the majority of the community wishes to keep the command.

So as of today, Cumbria and Deira will have access to the /level command just as other European servers do.

Server clustering
During our former poll concerning clustering the servers, the community was clearly in favour of it. We are thus considering joining the capital cities and RvR zones of 6 servers : English, German and French ones during the move to version 1.75.

Nevertheless through some comments that we received and questions that were asked to the community managers in game, we noticed that it seems that a number of players answered this poll without fully understanding what this clustering exactly implies.

This is why, if you are directly concerned by a possible server clustering - so, if you play on Excalibur, Prydwen, Logres, Lyonesse, Carnac or Orcanie - we invite you to express yourself through a final poll after having carefully read the following summary :

So, what would happen if your server was joined with another ? First, population in the frontier zones would be approximately doubled, thereby multiplying the encounters and the major operations like relic or keep raids. The battlegrounds, Darkness Falls, the Passage of Conflict and the Summoner's Hall are of course part of the affected zones.

You would see the same thing in the capital cities where you would also see a new NPC who would allow players to move from one server to another. You could, for instance, visit and buy merchandise from the consignment merchants of the joined server, complete an artifact encounter you cannot find on the Atlantean soil of your home server or even participate in a Master Level step with a guild of the server that is joined to yours. After that, you would just have to come back to this new NPC and return to your server to rejoin your friends and your guild.

You have thus understood, the capital cities and the frontiers would be shared and all players from both servers will meet there. Nevertheless, the clustering of your server with another would give you access to all the zones of this other server by moving from one to the other thanks to the aforementioned NPC.

However, you must not lose sight of :
- the server clustering is final and irreversible.

- when you enter the RvR zone or any zone on the other server, the name of your initial server will be added to the name of your character if a character on the other server has the same name (for instance Scott from Prydwen or Scott from Excalibur).

- you won't be able to take a character or guild name that already exists on the other server, even if it is on your account.

Very important part!! said:
- if a player has never played on one of the two servers, he will be able to create characters on both servers, but only on the same realm ! This point is particularly important for the English servers since, if they are clustered, those who don't already have characters in two different realms will only have access to a single realm (on English servers and with the exception of Camlann) even if they change their server.

For example : If you have a new account or only have characters on one server, your choice of realm will be set for both servers. If you currently play Midgard/Prydwen and you have no Excalibur characters, you will only be able to create characters on Midgard/Excalibur for instance.

- players who already have characters on different realms on both servers will still be able to play them but there will be a one hour timer to move from one to the other. So if you play Midgard/Prydwen and Hibernia/Excalibur for instance, you will have to wait one hour after logging your Prydwen characters out before you will be able to join your friends on Hibernia/Excalibur

rest said:
Knowing that, and if you play on one of the servers mentioned above, we invite you to answer now the survey in the survey part of the website to confirm or not the result of last month's survey. Do not hesitate to discuss it with your friends ingame and on forums as well to make sure that everybody can give their advice.

Background Piece - Midgard : Notion of Bravery

"... and then I slashed with my axe ! With one stroke, just one, I bring honour on my family ! And shame on his ! Ha !"

The colossal man clears his throat noisily to conclude his story. The noise was less than attractive. The creaking of his seat when he sits back drowns for a moment the murmurs of approval of his companions in misfortune. When he gets up to add some wood in the crackling fire another one begins to speak.

"Before the braves who were my brothers in arms today and beside whom I have brought honour to my blood by shedding it without fear on the battlefield …"

He breaks off for a moment, restraining a pained expression, and lifts his hand to his face. The dancing of the flames that continuously redraw the shadows of his deep wrinkles had hidden until now the recent cut that crosses his left cheek - sinister reminder of their little group's encounter earlier that day.

"My name is Arnvarr Jótryggrson, son of Jótryggr Björnverdrson, son of Björnverdr Jöfurhvatrson, son of Jöfurhvatr Hjalmvinrson, son of Hjalmvinr Ulfmundrson, son of Ulfmundr Jórmarrson, son of Jórm..."

With slight coughs the audience notifies the speaker that his lineage is acknowledged and appreciated, and that it is time to begin his story.

"Tonight, I will tell you the first and last adventure of my ancestor Hjalmvinr whose valour was so great that he just had to prove it once to earn his seat to the feasts of the Valhöll. Honour and glory - he sought them both in the wild territories of the Svealand."

A few smiles could be seen here and there since it was the last region of Midgard that could deserve such a description but Arnvarr quickly suppressed them with a simple look.

"Remember, I am speaking of very ancient times. There was no wall around Jordheim at this time, Vasudheim counted only a fisherman's hut and Audliten was nothing but wild fallows. The Svealand was not this marvel of civilization that our enemies envy us for. At this time nobody really knew where the cavern where Nisse and his minions hide was. And it is in the hope of finding this cavern that my ancestor began his journey, without fear or doubts."

Scratching his chin, the speaker hesitates a few seconds. He runs his eye over the crowd before continuing as his voice seems to lack assurance.

"And we never saw him again ! Isn't that the irrefutable proof that he had an heroic end like the Nornes decided ? His remains have never been found ! Isn't this the undeniable sign that nobody until today could go as far as he went ? I tell it to you without any doubt my companions : my ancestor sits amongst the Einherjars ! That is as sure as that the day will come when I will join them !"

Crossing his arms and eyeing the audience, Arnvarr finished his tale-telling without allowing anyone the chance of asking a disturbing question.

"Here is proof once more of how honour accompanies my family at each generation !"

On these words, he sits back pretending not to hear the quiet whispers that follow his strange proof. But yet another begins to speak and captivates the audience.

"I don't want to speak ill of my companions, but I can assure you that the bravery of my ancestors outmatches the bravery of all those who have been praised tonight. Let me tell you this story : My name is Eysteinn Styrbjörnson, son of Styrbjörn Hrólfrson, son of…"

Tip of the week
Binds and misadventures
Everybody knows it : We are strong and almost immortal fighters against other realms and mighty monsters. But sometimes it happens that you die. In that case it could be necessary to release.
Because of all the changes that occurred in our world, maybe you are now bind in a place which is no longer valid. You can be stuck in a wall or a stone or even in a zone which no longer exists. So as a piece of advice : Don't forget to renew your bind point frequently to avoid these unlucky adventures.
Should you find yourself in a situation like this and your character becomes stuck or unplayable as a result, please send a report to our customer support service using the category In Game Problem and the sub-category Stuck.

Do not forget to answer the poll if you play on Excalibur, Prydwen, Logres, Lyonesse, Carnac or Orcanie. And, if your character is a Norseman, do not forget to review the complete list of your ancestors, you might need it for your next guild meeting.

Have a great game and a nice weekend !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom