Volunteer

fortunefish

Banned
Some questions about them and what they do.

What does a volunteer do?

What are the perks of the job ( Free subscription) ?

What are the bad points ( Having to leave guild)?

What is the minimum requirements to be one ( Age, Languages, Chars)?

What servers do you have to be on to become one ( Camlann )?

And how do I/Anyone become one?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
What does a volunteer do?
http://daoc.goa.com/news/benevole_present.php3?id_article=608 tells it all pretty much

What are the perks of the job ( Free subscription) ?
None other than getting to play an NPC every now and then, plus glimpses into future patches. We get no special treatment at all, and in fact are expected to act better than the average player.

What are the bad points ( Having to leave guild)?
None again, we are happy to offer our services to both the community and the GM teams, thats the point of volunteering. Nothing really changes other than the nags about mob pops and "gifv GM i gimped myself" PMs.

What is the minimum requirements to be one ( Age, Languages, Chars)?
Experience in game, tbh I dont think we were asked our ages, but language according to your server is very important. After all, we are sort of customer releations to a degree. One thing that was mentioned, was that being an /advisor and showing willing to help others is a bonus.

What servers do you have to be on to become one ( Camlann )?
I have yet to see a Camlann (might be wrong tho) E&E, but I think they take for all.

And how do I/Anyone become one?
http://daoc.goa.com/news/benevole_present.php3?id_article=608 its all there.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
and b4 u ask, the only reason there are more volunteers in mid on exc than alb/hib is because the other realms smell! (absolutely nothing to do with the fact that trolls are dumber than your average bear - honest!)

/flame on ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Volunteers are handsome people IRL who not only model for various glamour magazines, but they also are also regularly consulted in the appointment of new Nobel laureates! Really! And yes, I am one! :D

(For a serious answer, see Whoodoo's post. ;))

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Belomar said:
Volunteers are handsome people IRL who not only model for various glamour magazines, but they also are also regularly consulted in the appointment of new Nobel laureates! Really!

It's obviously changed alot since my day then ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
Volunteers are handsome people IRL who not only model for various glamour magazines, but they also are also regularly consulted in the appointment of new Nobel laureates! Really! And yes, I am one! :D

im a volunteer, i get to go into police stations and stand next to crooks and have them point at me screaming "HE DID IT!!!!" :(

or rather i used to until i was replaced by a computer (evil things eh? :D )

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Takhasis said:
and b4 u ask, the only reason there are more volunteers in mid on exc than alb/hib is because the other realms smell! (absolutely nothing to do with the fact that trolls are dumber than your average bear - honest!)

/flame on ;)

We are not dumber than a...a...er...what's a bear?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:

Its true, but our lifestyle means we have to disguise our true identities by hiding in games like this, beleive me, Belomar is a modern Austin Powers in RL!

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Its true, but our lifestyle means we have to disguise our true identities by hiding in games like this, beleive me, Belomar is a modern Austin Powers in RL!

So he has bad teeth then ?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'm actually the bloke from the Scott's Porage Oats commercials.

Tilda

Flimgoblin said:
I'm actually the bloke from the Scott's Porage Oats commercials.
Did you double for that scots man in austin powers too Flim?! :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Takhasis said:
nah thats me - I eat babies \o/ GET IN MAH BELLY!!
He used babelfish for that, he really said "nah theeets meh, aye eeet beebies!"

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jayce said:
So he has bad teeth then ?
No, he said modern Austin Powers--bad teeth is so 70s! No, in fact, I have great teeth, a fit body and I get lots of exercise, both in the gym and out, from girls who just can't resist an E&E volunteer!

For himself, Whoodoo is more like Fabio, but fortunately without the ponytail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom