void eld

N

-Nuked-

can anyone point me in the direction of the information on void elds for next patch plz :D

N

-Nuked-

if its true i no longer need to sit down for 20sec b 4 i recast my bolts again then yes i do think i wana :p i couldnt live with baseline DDs :(

S

Saeval

Eldritch changes

Hey, I'll be respeccing void in the next patch, though I was only mana specced to help with the leveling :)

As far as I know the following changes have been made. There seems to only be a few changes in the void line though :/

In mana the PBAoE DD has had its cast time reduced to 2.5 secs, also the AE attack speed debuff/DD has been changed to an AE snare DD.

In light the dex/quick debuff has had an AE added on the later spells

In void, however, the baseline DD cast time has been reduced to 2.6 secs :) They also added a single target str debuff, and a separate single-target dex debuff - these are on the baseline though, so all elds get them. I've also heard they are both are on the same recast timer so you can only use one of them at a time :/ - this may be a bug, I'm not sure though.

There have been other changes, our unique RA has had a cold debuff added - I don't know how much of a difference this has made. I'm not sure of the exact details, but the bolt equations have been changed and so should generally hit for more, especially on lightly armoured targets :)

My source for the info above is the patch notes on Camelot Herald, and I didn't see anything about reduced bolt recast timers :( They did decrease the bolt *cast* timer to 2.5 secs, which shouldn't be too difficult to reduce to the 2 sec cap - meaning 2 bolts off in 4 secs :D

That's about it, hope it helps :)

A

Arnor

go mana nuked, void still has ze recast and ae-disease pwns ;)

N

-Nuked-

yea im thinking about it arnor ... not 1 for being a cookie cutter but we will see.

faster casting bolts isnt a bad change i guess but it just means when you check the recast timer it will be on 30seconds instead of 20 :p the baseline DD is quite poor imho and insigle target str and dex debuffs will be all but useless in most situations

V

VodkaFairy

I have a lvl 32 eld I'm respeccing to void next patch... Looking at the way thing are going in daoc casters are getting weaker and weaker compared to tanks so I might as well get gtaoe for raids and keep takes. And bolts just look cool :p

The way I see it nukes are kinda pointless unless you can assist a chanter that debuffs heat/cold, and I'm sure with a cold debuff void baseline nuke will have the same damage cap as the light-baseline nuke (538?) which is pretty decent. And against a group without 50% resists you've already won anyway :p

S

Saeval

Aye, void still needs quite a bit of love imo... I can't put my finger on it, but I like the line for some reason :)

The single-line respec that everyone gets next patch only lasts for one level afaik, so would you be able to keep that respec indefinitely if you're level 50? I'm thinking of trying out mana some more after the patch - AE snare/DD sounds good to me :)

G

Garbannoch Nox

i have been void till RR6 or so and I really don't regret it. It was a lot of fun to play and void elds can be really nice in a good group (debuffing for pb etc). Too bad the primary 'tool' of void elds (the bolts) are just useless in open RvR: yes you can 1 or 2 shoot casters - but DDs do the trick as well only faster.
As for the changes in 1.62: bolt cast time reduced is nice, nothing special though, DD cast time reduced from 3.0s to 2.6s was very necessary (it still delves lower than for instance the light base dd since the void dd is lvl 46), higher bolt damage especially on low AF enemies (nice but not overwhelming - only ones that have to fear this change are casters - and they die in 2-3 dds anyway).
If you are using your eld mainly for RvR I think mana is by far the best spec right now: PBAOE, disease, str/con debuff, aoe snare dd (1.62), and a decent single snare dd.
Void eld can also be good in RvR - but i guess you need a stable and regular group for that - also the setup must be right for a void eld in group.
Least attractive for RvR is light atm. If you want a DD caster light ment is the way to go since you can assist chanters who debuff heat anyway. Only useful spell besides the DD is nearsight - but then again if you spec light as secondary line you also get nearsight (doesnt need to be the highest one)

but that's just my opinion ;)

M

Marwolaeth

Originally posted by -Nuked-
yea im thinking about it arnor ... not 1 for being a cookie cutter but we will see.

faster casting bolts isnt a bad change i guess but it just means when you check the recast timer it will be on 30seconds instead of 20 :p the baseline DD is quite poor imho and insigle target str and dex debuffs will be all but useless in most situations

Erm, 20 second recast timer Shaw

N

-Nuked-

was a long time ago but thats how i rememeber it! was a long enough wait thats all i know :p your very right garb, mana is the best all round atm, im very pissed at the fact they get more love this patch light and void could have used it so much more imho.

N

-Nuked-

waiting for patch 1.99 where the void recast timer is removed :D

T

Tyka

Imagine if there was as many void nukers as mana chanters in hib, ah well..

Garb the void dd is same dmg as light baseline dd, 179 delve, and uhm, just use baseline dd and assist chanters when they debuff heat, then u debuff energy for them imo.

N

-Nuked-

even if they removed the purple waves at my feet when im casting. i would class that as light eld love. im like a light house! COME HIT ME LOOK IM A CASTER IM A CASTER :rolleyes: :cry:

S

Spudgie

Negative Maelstorm has had a 5% cold debuff added to it. It has however had its dd value reduced to compensate. BUT, they've reduced it too much and it actually does LESS damage than before in tests.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Spudgie
Negative Maelstorm has had a 5% cold debuff added to it. It has however had its dd value reduced to compensate. BUT, they've reduced it too much and it actually does LESS damage than before in tests.

Its a cold debuff not an energy debuff so its not going to affect its own pulses and is bound to do less damage than before :(

But.. if it has debuff cold, I guess anything thats gone through it is gonna be a lot more vunerable to void base, AOE, bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom