Voice Comms

O

old.Wriggly40

Why is it that the only ones complaining about the lag with using voice commsare ISDN & cable users?

I use a 56k modem & my ping is better than ever..

My ping usually never tops 200 ... i usually get a ping of 150-175 on Pub servers & 145 when no1 is there!

Hmmm... do you think valve has done something to make TFC more fair by evening out the pings? Conspiracy theory's abound!!

=[UMM]=Reaver

M

Moön

The lag that is caused by the built in vc of tfc is as far as I know cpu lag of the server so this would mean your wrong .

Not really much to do with connection and I cant ever see valve no matter how many mistakes they do make actually doing something to intensionally lag low ping players .

I experience the lag you are talking about but my ping remains 20 odd although the packet loss rises from the usuall 0 to around 10 when I experience this lag .

O

old.Carwash

voice comms is shat.
Im on ISDN and togo from a ping 50 to 200 is like a 56ker goin from 200 to 1000.
Meh choke also goes from 0 to anywhere from 10 - 90.

i find it totally unplayable and dont play on servers with 'em in use.

O

old.FuGiTiVe

Voice commy is abit f0cked.

hermmmm, i'm 56k'er and it works smooth for me, honestly there's no diffrence in ping when people talk or when i respond

Hmm but for some reason, LPB's seem to get jumpy pings when they enable their voice commy. Lets not forget the weird "lag-join" problem, when a new map starts, some lpb's get stuck on the spec mode waiting to get in, even after they selected team & class it takes them years to get in, what doesn't happend to me often.

And there's also a weird win XP problem for lpb's that ping is jumpy all the time.

Conclusion: New patch is needed ( a fix one..)

not for me tho :D :D :D

V

vuz

its nothing to do with wot you have or what you ping when using them: its about the fact the having it switched on on servers that are already using the boxes nearly to the limit dramatically increases CPU usage of the server and causes lag for everyone - NOT just hpbs. Some servers that have it on have vv good specs and the increased CPU usage doesn't cause the overheating--> lag, however BW servers can only have this if we :

- have less servers on each box
- have servers for small #s of people

They've reduced server numbers of some public cs servers, but we need 18 players. I also suggest that its better to have 7/8 servers and no voicecomms than 5/6 servers and voicecomms.

O

old.FuGiTiVe

Yeah, my suggestion is:

BW should spare the newbish servers of hunted & 2fort 24/7 and in general they should cancel unnessecery servers which are usually empty. Also giving up the voice commy is not such a big deal, there's also RW/BC which i have no clue if it's better but who cares honestly :)

/Me points his fingure towards vuz :D

M

Moön

All the public server's I used with vc no one uses it any way apart from some fool trying to sing over it which is funny for the first 30 minutes but eventually after an hour or so really starts to get on yer nervs so u end up muting the fool any way :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom