Voice Comms

O

old.Wriggly40

Are BWTFCL servers going to have voice comms enabled?

I know BW servers are not yet due to probs with something.

ty .. reaver

V

vuz

not confirmed either way atm - the problem is it sends cpu usage through the roof, we'll wait and see - no promises either way

O

old.Wriggly40

But on the servers that I have played with Voice Comms enabled creates a better game.

I prefer to play matches with voice comms enabled!!!

Reaver.

V

vuz

whether or not BW do do them you can still always use BC, RW or GV.....

O

old.Carwash

aye. i prefer RW / BC .... not tried GV.

Is gv good ? for ppl on 56k as well? cos meh clan has like 3/4 lpbs..

O

old.[SCW]Nessie

GV is ace. That's what SCW use when we can be bothered. If not the simple keybinds tend to work.......

M

Moön

GV isnt router friendly for non UK isp's even our people on 2mb connection's keep droping .

UK its unbeatable and near perfect sound quality just like the hillbilly Scotsman Nessie said here :D

M

Moön

Just played a match with vc enabled and it become almost unplayable toward the end of the game with what I'm guesing was cpu lag from the server as pings etc were not affected and all stable but people were disapearing grens would apear infront of you and allsorts .

Maybe something helpfull would be to stick the command for disableing the vc on our server's if someones got a minute

V

vuz

which servers are they?

Anyway, voice comms aren't gonna be on BWTFCL servers unless its in some way fixed.... -> News :)

M

Moön

Our jolt clan server that ofcourse is in no way as good as a bw one but it would be nice to turn off vc :D

O

old.Andy

Originally posted by ViRuZ
Anyway, voice comms aren't gonna be on BWTFCL servers unless its in some way fixed.... -> News :)

And from the news item: "Deathace> until such times as i decide im happy that voice comms are not bollocking em it will remain disabled "

Would BW have the same opinion if TFC/CS were new games that they had to provide server support for?
I doubt it.

O

old.[ILP]PAz

gah fs, cant use rw/gv/bc with windows XP..

shiteness

V

vuz

Andy, if you have that attitude you obviously don't know Deathace :)

O

old.Wriggly40

This is to fix the voice comm garble with winXP... I dunno if win2K has the same problem.

Simply add "+voice_dsound 1" (without quotes) on the command line so the command looks something like this: "c:\sierra\half-life\hl.exe +voice_dsound 1"

I found this on http://www.planetfortress.com

It does work ;)

Reaver

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom