Voice comms on game servers

M

mr_greedy

According to my DCL, VCs were turned off on match servers tonight - was this intentional? If so, is there any chance of getting it changed for next week, as I really don't want to have to kick all my players up the arse in order to get Roger Wilco, getting 5 people on a server is enough of a challenge already:mad:
Watch out Div4A - I'll be playing next week :clap:

O

old.Lemming

Originally posted by mr_greedy
According to my DCL, VCs were turned off on match servers tonight - was this intentional?

Yes the voice com is not being turned on in the league due to "stability issues". My clan was told this about 30 secs before the start of our match, thus resulting in our tacs being totally screwed! The rules did seem to suggest that they would be on.....

N

natrat

I'll raise this with Bigfoot; as far as I am concerned now there are no stability issues with the voicecomms and I thought they were on for league matches.

C

Ch3tan

They werent we were not told, ruined our game etc.

Soz but to whoe ver was responsible

:upyours:

you ruined our faith in bwcsl as a good league and made even clanbase look better.

C

Ch3tan

Okay calmed down a bit :)

I am assured they should be on next week.

Thats a good thing, hopefully the next few weeks will be more fun and trouble free.

And hopefully the webste will be updated when there are server/rule changes.

C

Ch3tan

Heh wouldnt you know it.

turns out comms were on for some games and not others.

This means that some clans had an advantage and others didnt.

It means the server settings were different for some games, and that the first week was totally pointless.

Nice one, played etc.

I thought I was annoyed that they were turned off without notification, im even more annoyed that had we jsut got a different server they would have been on.

I understand that nothing will be done, no rematches etc, but what a shambles of a league the first week was.

unfair, unfun, and apprently thoose running the league had less communication with each other than my clan did in the game.

O

old.[=G!R=]G4cE

hmmi gotta dissagree there, from our point of view the league went well, was fun and on time. Admins were helpful, gave out ips and pwds on time

game started, we pld it, had fun. server was fine as well. Afterwards submitted the result, refreshed the league site and it was allready updated, less than 10 mins after!

So thanks to bigfoot and the gang, G!R enjoyed the first week. And to ch3tan, if you think you could run a league better, do so..

C

Ch3tan

Your experience was greatly different to mine.

Yes the admins were fine and the games were on time, the server settings and rules were not.

That ruined our game, for me and my clan members that played.

It was made worse when we found out that we didnt get voice comms because we were unlucky to get assigned a server wihtout it, not because the league had decreed it disabled as a rule :/

B

bigfoot

As far as we are aware the servers all had voice comms off, i will investigate further as to why some had them on and others didn't (a number of admins were playing on Thursday and one of them may have turned voice comms on in their particular server, which they shouldn't have really).

I'm sorry your first week was so "ruined" in your eyes, although i would suggest that if you valued voice comms so much that you would have ensured that voice comms were going to be on in the first place rather than just assuming it would be the case. If you feel strongly enough about this that you wish to leave the league then drop me a mail and i will remove you.

O

old.sanction

I would rather use battlecom or RW if it means voice coms are going to mess up those serves because thats the first time in ages ive had a 30 ping due alot i think to the fact that voice coms were off. Just take a look at public servers mainly jolt i might add, I dont know if anyone else is having the probs with them but my ping is a joke on there and it was so nice to play on those league servers which I thought were top notch. Also everything ran very smoothly for our clan no probs at all good admin , good server, good match.

O

old.Lemming

1) 3000 ping spikes are good?
2) I regularly ping better on jolt/by/demon then I do on bw, infact I rarely play on bw anymore due to the pl and high ping!

O

old.sanction

well since 1.3 came out jolt has been shit for me on ntl and there was nothing wrong at all with the league servers on wednesday. I stay off jolt now cause I dont like paying for cable and having a 150 ping when i should have a 30 ping as was the case on wednesday. Different isp's i spose different results for everyone but ive only had problems on jolt since 1.3 was released before that it was fine.

O

old.Lemming

Has voice com been decided either way now? I don't want to go into tomorrow not knowing!

O

old.drc_lock

its going to be ...................................................................................ON :)

check the web site front page there's a quick update there now .

Users who are viewing this thread