Voice comms in OPF

T

tf_manta

Hi peeps

Been doing some investigation with the built in comms setup on OPF.

Me found out that it dosnt work when using sockets n most peeps use www.teamspeak.net for their comms

Any chance of getting a RW or a teamspeak server run up on barrys for us poor HPB cable huggers to give peeps shit on the servers :) cos with a ping of 15 you just have to use your bandwidth for somat else ;}

See ya on the servers

[TF]Manta

W

Will

Barrysworld are looking into setting one up, though I'm not sure how that is progressing.

I am setting one up myself at home for our games. I'm putting on a FreeBSD box. Teamspeak is very CPU hungry running on BSD, so I think I'll set up RW. It should be done by Thursday.

*crosses fingers*

M

mookie

imo voice comms adds a whole new level to a game, it suddenly gets far more organised and ordered :)

should make for some interesting chats when we're all flying around as seagulls :)

W

Will

I have one of my technical flunkies setting up a Teamspeak 2 server as we speak. Fingers crossed he will get it working. Just had a quick phone conversation, and it should be working soon.

Watch live on ItchyCam.:)

[edit : Teanspeak is naughty, I wanted Teamspeak]

W

Will

Ooo, the chair is empty. I can't decide if that is good or bad.

G

Gumbo

Well, I've been in irc today while Wills mate trys to get it working, with limited (read no) success :(

However I'm sure all will be sorted by tonight, and I shall see you guys as soon as the BF1942 match I'm in is finished :D

W

Will

Yeah, I just phoned him, I can connect internally, but external connections aren't working.

80.195.37.112 is the correct IP, try it and see what happens John. (I think he gave you the 62.38.x.x old IP).

K

*Kornholio*

Well if you don't get it working I could host RW again... but some peeps seem to have a problem connecting, others connect fine... /me shrugs..

K

*Kornholio*

No, some of the [TF] crew couldn't either (Manta I think) - I'll download Teamspeak later & try hosting with that too... voice coms is much easier than typing :)

W

Will

I can slap RW or TS on my FreeBSD box if it comes to that. Worth a try, and I know the router a bit better than Steve.

But I am stuck here until 5.30pm.:mad:

G

Gumbo

Ah ha I can connect on that other ip, theres no-one else there to try it with, but woohoo :clap:

W

Will

Heh, Steve gave you the IP for my webcache. Other than that, good work.

I have added the details to the Sticky up the top, including a link to the TS site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom