Visual disturbance

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
All,

Help.

Since about yesterday evening, i've noticed a transparent blotch that is off to the right side of my vision. At first, i thought it was because the sun was low in the sky and i was just seeing the effect of a bright sun. This evening, i was aware of it again, but this time thinking the light on my table had just caused the "bright light" blotchyness - but now that i've become more aware of it, it appears like it's not going away. It's making me a bit scared, as visual problems do to anyone.

The only way to describe it is as if there has been a bright light in your vision and you look away, with the usual blotch you get that disappears soon after.

I'm going to nip into Vision Express tomorrow and make an appointment with the doctor on Monday, because i'm not wasting any time.

Anyone had this before?

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I have intermitently had this happen to me since I was a kid. What you describe is a classic sign of the start of a migrane, at least for me.

It is very strange that it has lasted so long though, so perhaps in this case it is something different, certainly worth checking out.

RB

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Its a brain tumour. Nice knowing you.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Lol Tom.

Maybe a burst blood vessel due to the car accident incident. If not that then its probably what Tom said......or AIDS......or both.

Seriously, I hope it all goes ok fella, you knows I loves ya...

...bloody jock gits are such sweet talkers.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
It may be an occular migraine. Ive had one a couple of times now. For me it starts off as a blind spot in one eye and then I get a kalidescope of colours messing with my vision starting from one side and increasing across the field of vision until about 1/3rd to 1/2 way. It lasts about 20 minutes. Quite sketchy tbh....

Google is your friend for this seeing as Im damn busy at work and my code build just finished. Search of "Occurlar Migraine"

*trudges off back to work*

old.user4556

Nah not a migraine, had those before - they are distinct shapes of flashing lights that move and change and go away after 30 mins (for me anyway)

Well three days later and it's still there (noticed when i blink or bright light). Got my eyes tested yesterday and it's as perfect as ever. Optometrist had a very close look at my retina and there is nothing at all; just healthy eye balls.

*However*, tonight my right eye (through which i think the blotch is affecting) has become itchy, sore and bloodshot so I suspect it's the start of an infection or something.

I'll see the GP this week.

old.user4556

Trem said:
Lol Tom.

Maybe a burst blood vessel due to the car accident incident. If not that then its probably what Tom said......or AIDS......or both.

Cheers Trem! ;) , feeling better already! :D

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Might be a bit late this, but I have transparent-ish blotches in my vision permanently, not massively visible and don't interfere with anything, apparently its just debris floating around in the eye, nothing to worry about, just slightly irritating on occasion.

Tilda

I got one of them after spending 19 horus solid reading at my computer, it went away when I went to bed.
However a french teacher of mine, now a good friend, had one and it turned out her retina had become detached and she needed surgery to save her sight.
I'd get it looked at just in case.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hey, this thing , like a floater. I had one a few years ago, when I was very stressed. I went to th hospital and everything, speclaists andsuch like. they suggested it was stress.
Anyway, one day I found this dead bloke in a field. I dont know ehat happened, but i looked at my life and realised everything was ok really :) and within a couple of days my blob in my eye was gone :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Sorry im pissed but I do mean ot. Like a big green blob in my eye :( Sorting me strwss out got rid of it tho :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I have this weird thing where it's never completely dark when I close my eyes, even in a dark room. There's like weird lights everywhere. I'm not complaining obviously, as they are quite fun to watch.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Isn't that due to sensory deprivation or something similar Bodhi?

Your eyes dont pick up any signals so your mind makes up for that, something to that effect.

I noticed my brother describing something like that when his eyes got infected and produced a load of gunge etc Big G, think thats cataracts or something? can't remember the name.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Thing is I haven't always had this problem, black used to mean black. It kinda started around the time I started munching acid at uni. Ah. That'll be the answer right there then.

Will

/bin/su
Bodhi, yes, its the acid. Persistant Hallucinatory Vision. Or however you spell it. It fades away slowly after you stop taking acid. As in, over the next 10 years.

venus

Fledgling Freddie
It is possible that it could a form of eye strain. I dont know what you do for a job but i have known people to suffer these kinds of symptoms when they have been sat in front of a computer screen for long periods periods of time.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
have you actually checked that there isnt a smear on your glasseS?

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
A guy I know who took a lot of acid in the 60's used to say that even today he can have eipsodes where his vision goes completely shades of yellow for days at a time. He swear its the acid that fucked him up.

Personally Ive dabbled before but not to any great extent and even now I get really odd falshbacks in low light situations when Im tired and cained.

The occular migraine was the wierdest though. Especially since Ive never suffered from Migraine headaches. Its supposed to be some sort of precursor to migraines and its unusual to suffer form occular migraines without suffering from the migraine itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom