Vista slow shutdown/boot

liloe

It's my birthday today!
hiho =) I have no Vista computer myself, so I'm asking here. There's a Vista computer that boots and shuts down rather slow.

The owner did the standard thing with forced kill on shutdown and faster kill reaction and I turned by the Antispy option of deleting the swapfile, but it still takes ages.

Now the question is: Does Vista simply take longer after some time or is there some hidden shit I missed? I recall there were some problems with users on Win XP machines, which could be sorted with some kind of little cleaner provided by MS.

Any ideas?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Mines fine, how much memory you got?

"You" is good, no idea =) It's a Dell Inspiron notebook and the student it belongs to told me, that it used to boot/shut down faster.

EDIT: Might be better off asking in general technical I think, DAoC is kinda dead :p

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
By brother got Vista aswell, and it also takes ages to shut down. Solution = Go back to XP. :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I have Vista and 4gb RAM. If I play Warhammer for an long period of time, then close the game and shut the pc down, it takes about 1-2 minutes. If I am just browsing websites and shut it down, it normally takes between 10 seconds to 1 minute.

I don't know what causes this so i'd be interested to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom