vista and patch 1.88 dont work

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
ok guys put your maon thread here if your using vista and cant get on game.

well so much for a well awaited patch.......wat a bunch of muppets.

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah... what the F are they doing those gimps

:twak:

Swed

Fledgling Freddie
After a quick search on google i found this link
Does DAOC work in Windows Vista? .: Dark Age of Camelot Knowledgebase

and another thing to try

Disable UAC.

Click START, Control Panel, Classic View, Administrative Tools, System Configuration.
Click Tools tab.
Scroll down to Disable UAC and click Launch.
Restart computer.

tried all that yesterday allrwady... nothing worked :/

have a friend who use vista... works perfect for him... and we have same settings in everything.. we think.. ckecked it yesterday and couldnt find anything different... so have no idea... tried most things!

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
What is UAC ?
... guess its called something els in Danish.. cant find it

emma

Loyal Freddie
What is UAC ?
... guess its called something els in Danish.. cant find it

UAC = User Access Control (its those annoying popups you get asking for confirmation that you wanna run something.)

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
UAC = User Access Control (its those annoying popups you get asking for confirmation that you wanna run something.)

Ah.. tx mate...

Did that yesterday already... still cant log in though

emma

Loyal Freddie
Have the same problem myself anyway, game just crashes when loading an area. Seems its an issue that GoA forgot to sort before releasing the patch in the EU.

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup same problem on my new vista machine, even made all the folders manually, but im wondering if its because i have other games by electronic arts installed? different destination directories? managed to get user.dat file into that correct folder, but still cant get as far as char selection screen.

and i followed instructions, running as administrator and turned hidden folders off

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Yup same problem on my new vista machine, even made all the folders manually, but im wondering if its because i have other games by electronic arts installed? different destination directories? managed to get user.dat file into that correct folder, but still cant get as far as char selection screen.

and i followed instructions, running as administrator and turned hidden folders off

Message im getting is :-

Dark age of camelot was unable to get the path to your application data directory. You many need to change your security settings.

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
Ffs

FFS GOA.... :twak:

25-07-2007] Version 1.88 : Here you go !

NO we dont go !!!!!!!! :(

The servers are now available and you can continue all your adventures if you updated your client during the downtime. If you did not update, it will take you about 10 minutes to download the new files. The test period was longer than expected because of the great quantity of new content that was implemented, but we did not run into any severe problems. Nevertheless, if you spot any issue, please report it to our customer support.

Well guess what ... we did that yesterday :(

We have found that some Windows Vista users still seem to be running into some problems. We are working on the issue and hope to have found a solution as soon as possible.

Every advice sofar have been tryed... and NOTHING made any changes..

Still CANT LOG IN ....

How hard can it be to get a game Vistacombatible ..??? ( every other game on market that have been released the last year or more is ^^ )
( The US servers have had this update for mths... and cant find any posts anywhere saying that there have been Vistaproblems overthere :...

( I know this isnt GOA,s hp... but the mails you send to them directly... normally is answered by some standard mail, saying Hi, tx for your mail.. hope you stay in game.. :S )

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Message im getting is :-

Dark age of camelot was unable to get the path to your application data directory. You many need to change your security settings.

dude thats an EASY one

Right click ur DAOC launcher, goto properties then click the advanced button, after that click "run as administrator" then click apply

That has to be the easyest problem thats bin on here for awhile

"DAN"

If u cared to actually LOOK for the US problems u'd find them in 2 seconds, the US had this problem with Vista on 1.88 release JUST LIKE WE ARE HAVING, so chill the fuck, look, its gonna take time for them to fix it, i honestly dont know why they dont contact mythic and has what the problem was but i understand if they dont

I cant see why u ppl feel the need to bash goa even tho they will give u the days u lost, back onto ur subscribtion, so this cant be about lossing money, this cant be about not being in game altogether cus as the days u lost will be add'ed on back to u, u will get afew extra days with ur sub to kill things, so id kinda be greatful

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
Who cares about that we get extra days or doesnt.. well i dont ..

What I moan about... is.. Why havent they even tryed with Vista before releasing it.. and IF they have.. why release it with all these problems ..??

( btw.. about Tips error... your solution wont fix the problem .. i tryed that one yesterday )
If us had the same problem... they seems to have solved it... how hard can it be.. to send a mail asking what the answer is ?

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
dude thats an EASY one

Right click ur DAOC launcher, goto properties then click the advanced button, after that click "run as administrator" then click apply

That has to be the easyest problem thats bin on here for awhile

"DAN"

If u cared to actually LOOK for the US problems u'd find them in 2 seconds, the US had this problem with Vista on 1.88 release JUST LIKE WE ARE HAVING, so chill the fuck, look, its gonna take time for them to fix it, i honestly dont know why they dont contact mythic and has what the problem was but i understand if they dont

I cant see why u ppl feel the need to bash goa even tho they will give u the days u lost, back onto ur subscribtion, so this cant be about lossing money, this cant be about not being in game altogether cus as the days u lost will be add'ed on back to u, u will get afew extra days with ur sub to kill things, so id kinda be greatful

Lol mate like all of us these guys pay for a 'service' GOA have fallen on there arse yet again, you go to a shop and buy something and get some jumped up dick (that being you) saying chill out mate your product will work in a day or so there working on it.

This has happened all before with the release in the US even more reason for it not to happen here, stop giving GOA a break when there fucking useless.

This patch was screwed up anyway as we normally had pre-download files so we didn't have to sit on the patcher for 2 hours,

1.88 is the vista patch or maybe its not seems some more beta testing by the paying public is required.

And really why should we as paying customers have to go and find out the solutions ourselves, get off the GOA wagon fanboi.

Eble

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
You need to grow up something serious man

You fail... enough said on that

U dont see that goa is run by HUMAN BEINGS!! u muppet, they make mistakes, like u and like me, and just like U and ME, they dont want to admit they made a mistake, im sure U of all ppl with realize that
they dont want to admit they were cought with ther pants down and slipped on a bar of soap trying to reach for a towel an going head first into the bathtube... kind of embarassing dont ya think for a company that is suppose to host the up coming war euro servers right?

I want U to ask urself this (and anybody else that reads this) ask urself "when was the last time i made a mistake and lied about it to save my own ass" (and AGE and MATURITY dont come into it, becuase its human nature) (also ur asking URSELF the question, so the i is ofc u urself)

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
48 hours after release ........ still nothing ..
a1026.gif

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Ok... Give them until 6pm (which is in 6 hours)
cus then ppl will be home from work and then everybody WILL be pissed off about it.. 2 to 3 days (plus server down time) i think thats long enough for withdrawl to start up...

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
You need to grow up something serious man

You fail... enough said on that

U dont see that goa is run by HUMAN BEINGS!! u muppet, they make mistakes, like u and like me, and just like U and ME, they dont want to admit they made a mistake, im sure U of all ppl with realize that
they dont want to admit they were cought with ther pants down and slipped on a bar of soap trying to reach for a towel an going head first into the bathtube... kind of embarassing dont ya think for a company that is suppose to host the up coming war euro servers right?

I want U to ask urself this (and anybody else that reads this) ask urself "when was the last time i made a mistake and lied about it to save my own ass" (and AGE and MATURITY dont come into it, becuase its human nature) (also ur asking URSELF the question, so the i is ofc u urself)

sorry i don't think I failed, I think GOA failed to check the patch correctly, but hey I don't run vista so lucky me hey, the vista patch don't work GO GOA.

And yes ofc I lie if I make a mistake, but mate ones things for sure, in my job it don't fuck up 100's of people, lot of angry Germans around atm, i'm sure they will fix it soon, just a pity no one actually tested a vista machine with the vista patch.

As someone who has played this game since release on GOA servers, this is just the lastest in a long trail of destruction, I've lost count of the free days I have had over the years, I just hope for WAR GOA get it sorted because that game has some much potential it would be a shame for them to ruin the Euro release.

Eble

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
Qoute from News ...
We worked hand in hand with EA Mythic and the problem of compatibility between version 1.88 and some Windows Vista versions has been solved at last. You can now login and play normally. Thank you for your patience. We wish you exciting adventures in game and a nice weekend.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom