Vista and gaming.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Hello techies and other random people.

I am running an acer laptop with windows vista atm and i'm having quite poor performance in quake live on some maps

My speccs are

3 gigs ram
1,83 ghz intel core duo cpu
Ati radeon 3470 HD 256 mb ram gfx card

My friend is borrowing my old computer to play quake live with me and he has better performance in quake live with windows xp

old computers speccs are

1 gig ram
amd 64 3800 cpu
ati radeon x700 with 128 mb ram

Is windows vista really that horrible and should i downgrade my laptop to xp? or should i get windows 7?

thanks in advance.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Hello techies and other random people.

I am running an acer laptop with windows vista atm and i'm having quite poor performance in quake live on some maps

My speccs are

3 gigs ram
1,83 ghz intel core duo cpu
Ati radeon 3470 HD 256 mb ram gfx card

My friend is borrowing my old computer to play quake live with me and he has better performance in quake live with windows xp

old computers speccs are

1 gig ram
amd 64 3800 cpu
ati radeon x700 with 128 mb ram

Is windows vista really that horrible and should i downgrade my laptop to xp? or should i get windows 7?

thanks in advance.

I've been using vista home basic now for some 19 months. It's been largely fine tbh, but then I've had a phat load of RAM on my board. Only problem I've had has been with lotro which does use a phat load of GFX RAM. Other than that, it's no problem.

Performance wise, Windows 7 does seem to be the way to go for now and the future. I would go straight to windows 7 to be honest. The whines about vista may have been justified at the time, but as with all OS from Microsoft, they sort it out. I expect there will be some issues with the 'final' version of windows 7 on release. But yeah, stick it out if you can and go windows 7.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aye, windows 7 is lightyears better then Vista. using the RC client and theres very very very few actual problems with it.

the only major gripe i have with it is that it cant run a few of the older games that Vista could run such as MW4 mercenaries (MW4 works tho o_O)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom