virus on pc help pls

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
My gf has a toshiba laptop and only recently (yesterday) encountered a pain in the arse virus.

googletoolbaruser_32.exe

it also comes up with other names but I cannot remember them. This pop up keeps coming up every 10 seconds with the message saying something like... Your account credit card details trying to blah blah blah.

It also stops me from installing new downloaded virus scanners. The only way for me to install the programs is to reboot the pc in Safe Mode.

All I know is that its not a serious virus but a damn annoying virus.

Any suggestions please?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Remove GF from any PC unit until training of "Don't touch that and don't click that" is complete ;)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
You are gonna have plenty of other viruses until you do the following , its just a case of time , some may disagree but this is what i use and its simple ;)

Avast Antivirus Free/Paid either
Komodo Firewall if you don't have a router firewall like me
Spybot S+D <keep it updated>
Use Firefox <you prolly do> and enable World of trust/NoScript/Karma Blocker/AdBlock Plus

But if that virus is a worm/Keylogger it may be time to reformat , hope you kept your files backed up hehe

P.S. @ Anyone who say's ''I've not had any antivirus or firewall for years and i've never had any problems lol , just don't click on the wrong sites tehehe'' <Insert Moronic laughter>

Bert_snaps.gif

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well bro hasn't used any firewall, antivirus, etc for years and has had no problems.

Dodgy link etc awareness, or there lack of, STILL is #1 cause of things.

I'm behind a couple of lovely walls, that don't interfere with my online activities.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Install via Safe Mode under the Admin account;
SuperAntiSpyware
Malwarebytes
Spybot Search and Destroy
CCleaner

Run them via safe mode and they should find alot of shit on the machine.

Afterwards you could run something more intense than AVG :p - maybe Avast.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
LOL I love it when people mention reformatting the disk.
Which is like saying, 'Your front door won't open?, Might be time to burn the fucking house down'.
Well I know that's a possibility, but quite obviously I'm here for a solution
a bit less drastic.
If I reformatted every time I got a keylogger I'd have format pinned to my start menu.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ok spend 5 hours finding the fucker...

My gf was on some random tatoo sites and this fucker installed itself without her knowing.

it placed a short cut within 'users' . app blah blah folder and also placed the application else where. Finally found where they were and removed them in safe mode.

All fixed.

But fff'ing annoying to spend most of your sunday wasted on some twat linking this virus.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sounds like your browser was not up to date as well. Switch to Chrome or firefox and make sure it's up to date.

Your router will have a firewall, everyone should be using windows firewall, and a basic virus scanner will help, but nothing beats common sense. You don't need any fancy virus scanner.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I had a browser hijack a few hours ago. Restarted in safe mode, ran Hijack This, found some wierd changes to my registry, ran a couple of scans, & all cleared

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Microsoft Security Essentials.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Make incremental backups, restore to previous point. One of the best things ever, tbh =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom