Virgin Meida Cable

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Is it any good? Or are the horror stories true?

not sure what horror stories you mean.

weve had the tv + internet for about 6-7 years. tv always worked fine and ive probably been without internet for about 3 hours in total.

Laddey

FH is my second home
We've recently ordered it. Goodbye Tiscali and there non-english customer service representitives!

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Customer support is AWFUL with Virgin Media, but I find the service awesome, much better than any ADSL I've had.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
We've recently ordered it. Goodbye Tiscali and there non-english customer service representitives!

hello virgin and non-english customer service reps!

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Think It depends on which area your in you have to remember that untill recently virgin media was NTL or Telewest Have heard a lot of people slate NTL but have no experiance whith them so cant comment, Telewest I've used twice for a a total of about 5 years as someone else mentioned their internet is very good and has so far remained unlimited and unrestricted under virgin, the problems with virgin/telewest are the absolutly abysmal customer support, I recently phoned them up 5 times as a bit of an experiment with the same query I recieved 4 different answers and 2 different prices.

Its a good fast and reliable service but if you do run into issues its a f'in nightmare especially if its a billing issue.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i was gonna leave after they lost Sky one but the extra stuff with it now is fantastic

Loads of free stuff and 4od is pretty good too. Havent had any problems with them since they changed from telewest

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Pros:

Unlimited internet access,
Super easy TV setup.

Cons:

Chance of non-native-English speaking Customer Support
They take a while to cancel anything as well :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I want Virgin Media =( But I doubt there'd be enough in the UK to support what I want to do...

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
would normally say its excellent, but today dns was down for the whole day and couldn't even post this. Pot luck tbh.

The only think i have noticed since the takeover was the interactive tv is so much better now. Used to take an hour to scroll through the whats on guide for ntl tv but now everything is pretty much instant on virgin media.

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Not had any problems at all, only been on the cable modem for about 2 years (since I've been living in an NTL cabled area and been able to take advantage of the associate deals ^^ ) Never really had a problem, but can go internal with any issues as I currently work for Ntl:Business (which falls under Virgin Media now) so £2 a month for 10MB, no quarms :D

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Not happy atall!

Dns is utter shite today and yesterday. Managed to check the virgin site and the service will have on-going maitenance from today till the 8th in Reading and a number of other areas. Can't even check bloody emails. Not cool, it better be shit hot when this is over.

Gamah

Banned
Not happy atall!

Dns is utter shite today and yesterday. Managed to check the virgin site and the service will have on-going maitenance from today till the 8th in Reading and a number of other areas. Can't even check bloody emails. Not cool, it better be shit hot when this is over.

Hmm, Moving to Newbury shortly and thats why I want it as I am getting my own place.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
If I lived in a cable area still i'd use them for internet in a second.

Got Sky TV now and prefer that over the cable version, but for internet, cable is simply king.. Had it for over 5 years before moving here and don't think I had more than about 2 days of downtime in those 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom