Video Corruption

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I've just started getting these mad problems with my picture while playing BF:V.
Like, crazy lines spread from my crosshair, and large blocks appearing at random. It also does it on Call Of duty, though Desert combat and Counter-Strike are fine it seems.
Does the fact that Ive got this problem mean my video card is fucked? One game is open GL and the other D3D, so there doesnt seem to be much in common.
Ive tried reinstalling BFV - no good, and Ive tried removeing the video card and reseating, plus changing drivers. All has made no difference.
The card is a 9800pro btw, and Ive got the ump :/
Any help gratefully received :)

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Catsby asks how long does it take for these "problems" to occur whilst playing games?

Tis likely that if it only happens after a small while of playing, your gfx card could be overheating. In which case a quick re-application of the heatsink could sort all your woes.

However, if it happens straight away, it is likely to be drivers. Maybe all the registry entries were not removed when you uninstalled the newer drivers?

Nice card btw. Catsby wants.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Throd,

Who makes the 9800 Pro? No to put a damper on things, but my Powercolor 9800 Pro had similar corruption to this shortly before it died on it's arse.

It was 6/7 months old, but overclockers replaced it.

Catsby, I might sell my 9800 Pro soon (it's brand new) as the X800 Platinum is only around the corner (whopping speeds, double the performance of the 9800 XT).

G

old.user4556

If it eventually dies Throd, you should be able to RMA it providing it's less than a year old. Anything over a year old and it'll be an RMA direct to the manufacturer.

Out of interest, who makes it? how old is it? where did you buy it from?

G

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hehe, Powercolour, Overclockers, yes they're taking it back today :)

old.user4556

Ahhh good man :D

Rumour has it that overclockers don't have the resource to test all RMA'd stock and are simply sending replacement units. They did this with me too, as I emailed them to confirm it was faulty. They said they didn't bother testing it, just sent me a new one.

G

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Just as a PS to this thread, I posted my card back to Overclockers on Friday, and they recieved it on Monday morning.
I recieved a new card this morning (wednesday). Now I call that good service, many thanks to OCUK tbh :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That'll teach you not to put your coffee mug on the pc.

old.user4556

Throd, i have to agree - oc.co.uk have received bad press in the past, but they've been nothing but fantastic with myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom