video card probs, any suggestions?

S

s0ze

im not sure if this should be in this forum or not but ima go ahead and ask anyways.I have what, I guess, would be considered the stock video card. I purchased a few new games and when i click it gives me an error message indicating that the fullscreen mode isn't working, is there anyway to tweak these games so that i can play them in a window till i upgrade, if so please explain or provide a guide link.

U

Ulysses777

You're gonna need to provide much more details than that if you want help.

What video card do you have? (Manufacturer and model)

Which version of Windows are you using?

S

s0ze

It says "Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller". And I have the latest version of directX. The game says I need at least a "Nvidia® GeForce 256™ / ATI® Radeon™ 8500" to use it. Which is why I wanted to see if it was possible to play in a window . oh and im running off windows XP pro. the main game im refering to is enter the matrix, ive had it for a month and cant do anything with it

P

PR.

That graphics card is gonna be useless I'm afraid, they are usually shipped with business PC's as they are really only designed for desktop 2d work.

I presume this is a Dell or a Compaq style prebuilt machine?

Simple answer is you will need a proper 3D card like an nVidia or ATI based card, plenty of thread about them on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom