Video Capturing

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well I have experimented with the above and still divx comes out on top. Don't forget the divx team are working hard all the time to improve. You should try it- convert a video to flash and then use the divx converter to convert to divx. Which is of a better quality and of a smaller size? I always find that divx will produce a higher quality video and of a smaller size too. Am all for flash but for replaying a video using flash with full screen viewing seems to be beyond many website designers. My own site does show full screen flash but I only use that when I realize that viewers are not likely to be proficient with regard to installing divx. For gamer files I nearly always convert files to divx. This results in extremely small files and a few options with regard to the player - auto dimming of the window etc. At the moment I think divx is still top of the video converting tree.

Absolutely no. There are much better codecs than DivX which offer more options at the same time. Last time I thought about making a vid I was thinking about the Matrovka splitter for the subtitles ^^

AmeinoN

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello, before ~2 months mmo-champion shown us a video capturing program named : camstudio, on the other hand most people who are using video capturing programs for gaming, propably already know fraps. My problem is that both of them have the same problem, they are annoying to use when you play arena, they drop the frames down to ~30 and makes the game annoying to play, myself using this computer:

Motherboard : Asus P5N-E SLI
GFX Card : Geforce 8600 GTS
CPU : Quad Core @ 2.4
HDD : Raptor 64G @ 10.000 Rps
HDD2 : WD 500G @ 7200 RPS
Ram : 3Giga @ 800 Mhz Using windows XP Pro Sp3 or 6Giga @ 800 Mhz Using Vista ultimate x64

My problem is that i want to find a Video Capturing Program that will not reduce my frames down to a rate that will effect my gaming.

Any program that manages to work @ 50 Fps will be perfect.
P.S i haven't tested the latest Fraps so if you got a link with a licensed version that works, will be appreciated.

thes kai videaki asxete!

[TS]Mengina

Banned
Absolutely no. There are much better codecs than DivX which offer more options at the same time. Last time I thought about making a vid I was thinking about the Matrovka splitter for the subtitles ^^

Sure, there are 'better' ones if you don't know how to programme. DivX has the potential for the best usage but unfortunatly probably everyone in this thread don't have the necessary skills to utilise it properly. Therefore, other programmes that are dumbed down and easier to use have become the norm.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Please, you silly fuck, he was talking about codecs and not some end user GUI programs. H.264 (MPEG-4 part 10) beats DivX (MPEG-4 Part 2) easily.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Please, you silly fuck, he was talking about codecs and not some end user GUI programs. H.264 (MPEG-4 part 10) beats DivX (MPEG-4 Part 2) easily.

That's exactly the one I'm talking about =)

Matrovka seems funny to use for subtitles, but I'd have to make some tests to check that. My old idea was to make a vid with translated and subtitled Vent ^^

[TS]Mengina

Banned

H.264 is a system configurator not a codec, if you are trying to preach about computer mechanics and engineering then please atleast know something about the relevent field.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
relevant - I'm the grammar/spelling police to stalk you forever Dorimor (When I'm bored at work :()

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
H.264 is a system configurator not a codec, if you are trying to preach about computer mechanics and engineering then please atleast know something about the relevent field.

A system configurator? Like for what system? The system a video encoder represents or the system your brain (doesn't) represent?

You're so fucking clueless it hurts, just google for H.264 if you can't think on your own, but please don't come to here again saying that Wikipedia, Apple, AMD, ITU and so on all lie.

ITU: H.264 : Advanced video coding for generic audiovisual services

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
thes kai videaki asxete!

pou eisai re vlamene, !!! kana tilefwno tha pareis ? pou exeis xathei kai den mas milas pia? Oo Pes mou pou douleveis na erthw na se vrw estw ;o

Anyways, i formmated, upgraded my RAM for windows XP into 3.5 G @ 1033 ,
Used my raptor disk for windows + game, and my second HDD for capturing, and my frames were just great while recording @ 1280x1024.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom