Vid making software

Wert

Fledgling Freddie
After seeing all the vids that people have posted and the new ftp server that has been set up (woot) i was thinking of making my own vids. I need:

Vid recording software while im playing the game and some editting software or somethin, and able to add music. If people can help would love ya for it :worthy:

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Ask Thugs! All his videos rock!

Sorry, couldnt resist :x

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Fraps is pretty much the de facto standard recording software. As for editing, something like premier (£££/€€€) or virtualdub (free) will do the job.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Wert said:
After seeing all the vids that people have posted and the new ftp server that has been set up (woot) i was thinking of making my own vids. I need:

Vid recording software while im playing the game and some editting software or somethin, and able to add music. If people can help would love ya for it :worthy:

In the movie I uploaded, I used Fraps for capturing (30$ for lifetime membership with mails coming whenever they update)
Fraps have the advantage it auto-sets to the game window, you dont need to select from which to which pixel it have to capture and you can select to capture full size or half size, half size decrease lag capturing give you elseway and the quality is not THAT harmed by doing so (imo)

Then I take the big avi's from capture (not rare for 500mb-1gb files) and convert to less with VirtualDub (Free download, compress to almost any codec you have on computer), here you can make the videostream the quality you want (my movie is pretty low quality to make it fill less)

Then I open WMM2 (Windows Movie Maker 2, Free download from microsoft, if you have Windows XP (dunno about other versions of Windows)) to edit the clips together, add text and effects, add music line to the movie too, compress and voila, a done .wmv file with your movie :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Only done 1 movie myself, yup, Fraps and MovieMaker 2 does nicely.

But unlike Iceforge, I go directly from the Fraps clips to MM.

Word of warning tho, Fraps captures are rather large, so make sure you got plenty of HD space.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
But unlike Iceforge, I go directly from the Fraps clips to MM.
That's the best way, doing too many transcodes reduces your video quality a lot. =o

Also, I find divx or xvid to be significantly better video formats than wmv for the final thing - better quality in less space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom