Very bad lag and LDs tonight on Excal

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Just LD'd for the 3rd time in less than 30 minutes, last two LDs were just 2 minutes apart - had enough time to log in before I went LD again.

Is anyone else getting this? Game is totally unplayable ATM.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:
Just LD'd for the 3rd time in less than 30 minutes, last two LDs were just 2 minutes apart - had enough time to log in before I went LD again.

Is anyone else getting this? Game is totally unplayable ATM.

I was getting awful lag the other day on Prydwen

Might just be my shit computer though ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
It's getting worse, now -6- LDs in an hour. Other people in the grp are getting lag too, group is from Denmark/Sweden and me in the UK. So cannot be our ISPs.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:
It's getting worse, now -6- LDs in an hour. Other people in the grp are getting lag too, group is from Denmark/Sweden and me in the UK. So cannot be our ISPs.

I remember when Prydwen had a serious lag problem

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Had bad lag spikes throughout the night lastnight and then 1 LD for me. I know a few other people had quite a few more LDs than that though, especially out on the frontiers.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
pingplot - might be a router in london, might be ot router, might be inside goa's network.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
My group ran around NF for 3 hours without an ld on anyone, but the lag around the island is horrible!

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
My friend and me went LD in the morning, but after that I was online for 12 hours(Dual logging) without any LDs.
PS. we are both from Denmark.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
*bathes in the lagless camlann server*
Svartmetall you always moan when i talk about camlann "if you were all not so rude you wouldn't have a population problem" well this is for you.

"if you all werent so l33t your server would have no lag"

mmm, how does it feel to get a comment that is so far from the truth! now you know what we put up with!

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
It's because you fat trolls keep sitting on routers! :(

I haven't experienced much lag myself yet, except when I get near Agramon Island, which I usually don't. I haven't seen any pingplots posted yet though. Maybe I should install that program too, see what's up..

Ljuvasara

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
It's because you fat trolls keep sitting on routers! :(
QUOTE]

Should have seen him when he ate our guild forge.. took us 10 mins to persuade him it wasnt a luri in scale.. :fluffle:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Been running Pingplotter for a while now, looks to
be NTL routers in Nottingham causing the problems...talking to them now.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if it's lag near agramon that's probably fps lag... check yer perfmon :)

if it's not and if you're getting connection lag near agramon (and only near agramon) and it shows up on the perfmon I'd guess at a network card misbehaving under load ... (upgrade drivers for network card)

If you get what appears to be packetloss lag but nothing showing on the performance monitor it's probably server lag.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Svartmetall said:
Been running Pingplotter for a while now, looks to
be NTL routers in Nottingham causing the problems...talking to them now.

cool

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Don't worry Svartmetalllllll, the mobs will still be there ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Problem continues, it's a total nightmare. I am unable to play for more than a few minutes without the central and left-hand parts of the lagmeter going red and then I go LD. Pingplotter has all day been showing the three NTL core servers as having very high latency, one in particular being very bad. Spoken to NTL on the phone and via their Broadband Medic tool several times, but so far nothing has worked; I'm conviced it's NTL's servers that are the problem.

Is anyone else in the Nottingham area connecting through NTL and having problems...? I've got to get this fixed, these constant LDs are intolerable.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I'm on NTL but in the Leeds area. Having lag spikes since few days before patch but nothing like you're describing.

In fact it's been okay today.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Problem continues, it's a total nightmare. I am unable to play for more than a few minutes without the central and left-hand parts of the lagmeter going red and then I go LD. Pingplotter has all day been showing the three NTL core servers as having very high latency, one in particular being very bad. Spoken to NTL on the phone and via their Broadband Medic tool several times, but so far nothing has worked; I'm conviced it's NTL's servers that are the problem.

Is anyone else in the Nottingham area connecting through NTL and having problems...? I've got to get this fixed, these constant LDs are intolerable.

Yes im playing from Mansfield/Notts and since yesterday I was going LD about every 10 minutes, often less.

Tried again today and its still continueing, ping-plotter is showing same results, losing all connection on about the 4th hop at NTL servers.

I tried customer service and got some woman with an asian accent I couldn't understand one bit trying to tell me I need to disable daoc....okaaaaaay, I hung up and gave up at that point.

Hmmm the plot thickens, that same 4th hop is now 'unreachable'.

To me its ip is 62.253.185.37

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Yay, finally got a customer service person with half a brain.

They've asked for 3 trace samples so they can investigate.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
unfortunately i live in nottingham (the meadows no less so i get double bad luck :p).

i was having a nightmare last night and this morning, sometimes i log back in and get a red square for ages, couldnt do anything. finally got through to ntl this morning and he was adamant it wasnt the connection becuase apparently if it was id have to reboot everytime. eventually he did some tests and said there was a problem, and they are working on it. the connection as it stands drops to minimal speed, so you dont notice it when browsing, but obviously you do when online gaming :( this was reported to them last tuesday so the rep told me, so with it not really affecting browsing i guess they dont view it as critical..

anyway long story short, i was told 2 weeks to fix it.....

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well playing from dk and have Tdc, had huge spike lags last night, so did a couple of others in our group from variouse countries and ips's

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Update: while on hold to NTL I was talking to my guildie Cainez - who lives in Mansfield - on Ventrilo and looking at Pingplotter, when every hop after the 4th NTL server said "ERR" and right then he went LD.

It is, for 100% certain, the NTL servers causing these lag and LD problems. Bombard them with tracert and Pingplotter logs until they get their servers sorted out.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Eww, mids in Mansfield :( must do something about that.

It seems I get 2 dumb and clueless people for every half decent customer service person I speak too.

The last one seemed to find it hard to grasp the concept that people actually play games over the internet at all.

Draypor

Fledgling Freddie
aye i live mansfield/notts way, im goin LD every 5 mins or so.
ping plotter shows its NTL :mad:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
NTL who just upgraded all their speed packages on a network that could barely sustain the previous ones....
Wonder if there's a connection... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom