very annoyed

kain

Fledgling Freddie
Hello once more,

Soooooo just got a rather nice email from GOA telling me about the new servers and that now is a good time to try the game out again...

Being gullible I spent the morning downloading the game, buying the catacombs key only to find I'm now lumbered with a "unable to modify your subscription. An invoice is currently in progress" message for the last eight hours so opening my account is a no no.

I just found out it should be ready by tomorrow but regardless I'm thinking this is a really good way to annoy people (and seems it's a common thing). Ok maybe this is just a venting of 8 hours of pent up anger, but the mail ended....

"We hope that we have the pleasure of meeting you shortly within the realms"​

Moral of the story... GOA should fix the renewal/subscription process or give a warning.

P.S I've seen the support post detailing the problem, this is just me being a little sissy girl and moaning.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
4 Days ago I've activated my account again after 6 months of inactivity but I could start playing immediately...Did you enter an incorrect cc number at the first try? That could explain the problem...

pip

Banned
kain said:
Hello once more,

Soooooo just got a rather nice email from GOA telling me about the new servers and that now is a good time to try the game out again...

Being gullible I spent the morning downloading the game, buying the catacombs key only to find I'm now lumbered with a "unable to modify your subscription. An invoice is currently in progress" message for the last eight hours so opening my account is a no no.

I just found out it should be ready by tomorrow but regardless I'm thinking this is a really good way to annoy people (and seems it's a common thing). Ok maybe this is just a venting of 8 hours of pent up anger, but the mail ended....

Moral of the story... GOA should fix the renewal/subscription process or give a warning.

P.S I've seen the support post detailing the problem, this is just me being a little sissy girl and moaning.
Try building a account for last 4 years to see it go down the pan Because peeps left pryw...To go glastonbury :( Tbh make me wonder if game is worth playing now

Vladamir

FH is my second home
pip said:
Try building a account for last 4 years to see it go down the pan Because peeps left pryw...To go glastonbury :( Tbh make me wonder if game is worth playing now

My heart bleeds that you can't play the way you like anymore, really, it does :).

Sama

Banned
pip said:

shame you couldn't have quit while i was still playing :(

Sama

Banned
pip said:

Cause the amount of my life i wasted playing daoc, then getting rolled by your uber group by about 6 to 1.. wouldn't have been wasted if you quit earlier :<

pip

Banned
Vladamir said:
No you didn't, lame tactics ftw huh? :]
LOL like what kill ya? i fought you were ever and what you get some to tell me on irc tell pip to stop moving when i try to hit him yes allright gimp just a wannabe muppet :fluffle: but in truth mis rp of ya

pip

Banned
Sama said:
Cause the amount of my life i wasted playing daoc, then getting rolled by your uber group by about 6 to 1.. wouldn't have been wasted if you quit earlier :<
Sz mate it was rvr we all die how it happens is out of my control we all need rp to progress in game:D Hope you forgive:fluffle: me

kain

Fledgling Freddie
lol calm down lads.

buy yeah the process of buying catacombs went smoothly and it's on my account, but sometimes it has a hissy fit and stays borked untill 12am paris time when it resets... Just annoyed as it's a known problem and is allowed to continue

Vladamir

FH is my second home
pip said:
LOL like what kill ya? i fought you were ever and what you get some to tell me on irc tell pip to stop moving when i try to hit him yes allright gimp just a wannabe muppet :fluffle: but in truth mis rp of ya

Yeah, aside from pet doing more damage than you because you constantly moved back :p

Life without daoc is better, at least with the muppets irl i can tell em to stop being retarded, you on the other hand are beyond help :]

pip

Banned
Vladamir said:
Yeah, aside from pet doing more damage than you because you constantly moved back :p

Life without daoc is better, at least with the muppets irl i can tell em to stop being retarded, you on the other hand are beyond help :]
Hehe you still lub me tho:fluffle: was good infil no doubt about it just not good enough:(

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
kain said:
Hello once more,

guild mate of mine just reactivated also and had same problem with one of his accounts, not a good first experiance to come back too really,having said that when I reactivated I had no problems, seems pretty random tbh.

rest of the posts are like really on topic :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
The scary thing is that payment engine is (I believe) used for the whole of the France Telecom group.

At least we're only having to use it for a game !

Darzil

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
kain said:
Hello once more,

its a feature of the excellent anti fraud measures, i had the same thing wjhen i bought a catacombs cd and then trie dto re subscribe, it wouldn't let me re subscribe to play for about 12 hours or so. To be honest it is fucking annoying and one of the worst ways to authorise payments.

By the way, if people tell me that an "invoice is currently in progress" that stays like that for 12 hours is an anti fraud thing, then they are smoking something. As i doubt that £8 would reach a clipping level on any fraud detection. It is just GoA's shit way of interacting with its payment gateway.

You have got to admit anyone that wants to buy a CD key online and resubscribe to play the game at the same time cant actually do it due to "an, an invoice in progress"

:m00:

kain

Fledgling Freddie
lo there nate, catch you in game as Kains back and ready for the slaughter.... by slaughter I mean, me getting killed alot (like the old days).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom