Version 1.50 final release notes

C

Cedig

Figured the Nightshades might want some of this information.

=============================================
Dark Age of Camelot
Patch Version 1.50 Release Notes
=============================================

GENERAL NOTES

-We have recently reviewed the ongoing issue of class and realm balance and have made our final decision on tweaks. With this patch, all classes will be considered complete and no major changes will be made to classes in the future.
-We have reversed our original position on respeccing. All players who have attained level 40 or higher may go to their trainer and choose to reduce his or her skill level in one ability to 0. This may be done twice. Characters level 30-39 may respec one ability once and another upon attaining level 40. Bards will not be allowed to respec, however, any bard who chooses to do so may have a one time reclass to a lvl 25 Blademaster.

REALM ABILITIES NOTES

-Sorcerers will now have a realm ability based blade turn spell. It will deflect all critical shots including bolts and assassin critical strikes. It is on a 2 second timer. The cost will be 14 points.
-Augment acuity has been adjusted to properly raise intelligence for Nightshades, even though their mana pool is based on strength.
-Truesight has been made available to all classes.
-Wild Arcana has been deemed to be slightly overpowered. The % for it to take effect has been decreased to 5% for a person with level 5 in the ability. It will only take affect against Sorcerers specced in Body, Air Theurgists, Enchant specced Enchanters, and Shamans.
-The bard realm ability list has been updated to include Mastery of Stealth and Mastery of Parry.

WORLD NOTES

-Realm guard patrols will now patrol the Midgard and Albion portal keeps in Emain Macha.
-Roan Setters and Squabblers in the Cruachan Gorge have been replaced by Grand Pookas and Finliaths, repspectively.
-Pictish Druids have recently been seen working with cave fairies to increase their power. Both are now aggressive to all travelers and have had their level increased to the level 55-60 range.
-Greater Brown Drakes will now roam between Caer Hurbury and Caer Benowyc.
-A "bind" stone has been added to Castle Sauvage for all Albion players. We are considering adding one to the port keeps in Emain Macha and Odin's Gate at this time.
-It has been determined that Druim Ligen and Druim Cain do not present an "Irish" enough atmosphere. The guards there have been replaced with Leprechauns.
-Hibernian Keep Lords will now attack any Enchanter or Eldritch who have specialized in mana as soon as they enter the "lord's room."

CLASS NOTES

Albion:

-Cleric PBAE mez has had its timer reduced to 3 seconds. It no longer uses mana.
-Infiltrators have had their ability points increased to 3x level. This is to bring them inline more with Nightshades and Shadowblades.
-Minstrels may now use their shouts without losing stealth. The fact that minstrels could not move at song speed while stealthed was a bug, this has also been addressed.

Midgard:

-To bring Shadowblade and Berserker damage in line with Nightshades and Blademasters, the Left Axe skill Double Frost will now do more damage.

Hibernia:

-Bards may no longer wear armor. Additionally, the speed song has been replaced with a song that increases group swim speed. Endurance songs have been replaced by an Area Effect taunt spell, to help their usefulness to groups.
-Celtic Dual has been shown to be overpowered. It has been replaced by the skill Donkey Punch. All of the styles associated with this line are rear positional.
-Champions have had their hit points increased by 1 pt x level.

ITEM NOTES

-The Hibernian Rogue Overlord Pendant has had its +stealth and +envenom abilities replaced with +parry and +evade.

QUEST NOTES

-All Albion epics can now be completed without leaving Camelot. This is to encourage more people to complete their epics.
-The Hibernian Path of Essence Epic, the "Moonstone Twin," is now functioning correctly. The Fairy Court will now spawn at a random location between Druim Ligen and Alainn Binn, once every Tuesday.

BUG FIXES AND MISCELLANEOUS NOTES
-The group window now refreshes correctly.

===========================================

Thanks Aedan and legionswrd

Alarien
Elven Nightshade-Wyrd

I

inqy

oooh more stuff to look forward to in several months time :/

O

old.Kelmon

Damn, they forgot to give the healers cool stuff again. ;)

K

krait

HEHEHEHEHE............wonder who fell for this :clap:

and do'nt forget about Scouts not being allowed to raise Stealth or Longbow above 20 because they are far too dangerous.
Scouts are and have always been light tanks. ;)

C

Cedig

The above 2 for starters lol

Got this from the VN boards, just had to pass it around.... the BM donkey punch made me laugh for ages lol

O

old.Ayeye

I wonder why you post these things

Do you want Goa to take all the aggro from us?

I would like to have Goa in party so casters would be surely safe!

O

old.Lianuchta

Hehe, nice one :D . At first i thought, hmm, this is different from what i'd read on the herald this morning... Then I got it :p

O

old.Gorthol

it truly makes me depressed to see all those nice fixes and new goodies, and then knowing how long its gonna take before we get them :( :(

Goa I love you

F

Flimgoblin

It's so refreshing to come to these boards and not have 200 posts of whine about how X class is being nerfed this patch and Y ability is too powerful...

(Yeah I was reading the vaults yesterday... even just reading everything would be a full time job it scrolls that fast)

Back here we have nice happy optimism (apart from when we're actually gonna get it). No-one objects to the patches per-se, just how soon we get them (or don't get them).

PS. If you wan't to lose all hope in your class (whatever class it is) go read the developer's round table for a while - it'll make you realise how every single class is so totally gimped that there's no point playing... at least that's what half the posters seem to think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

S

SFXman

Hahahah! Nice patch notes alright, some parts made me seriously crack up alright :)
I have been quite optimistic all the way through all this waiting for patches, I actually don't like whinging posts at all :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom