Version 1.4

Nate

FH is my second home
I made a Close Encounters of the Third Kind intro song at the entrance to my castle :D you have to get past the no entrance soul sand trap first though, oh and up the water slide.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
You can follow this link: Bukkit (Craftbukkit) on Twitter

To see when they will update, brought the server down now. Since I got 100s of plugins I need to have updated aswell :p (Will be a looong night for me).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Using a fix which allows you to connect to the server with the 1.4 client! But wolves wont be added to the server, before the official version is out

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Server is up running 1.4.

I have updated most of the plugins aswell.

The following plugins currently missing are:

Whitelist(Everyone can join at this time, hope to get this tomorrow)
iMonster(Not updated, don't get reward for killing monsters atm)
MultiepleHomes(Still not updated aswell, so untill they do this. You wont have the /home commands).
WorldEdit(This is the plugin that enables compass jumping, so to bad :p)

Besides from that, everything should be up and running. Enjoy!(My eyes are fucking sore now :p)

Edit:

Also seems like something is a little wrong with the iConomyChestShop plugin. The shops are still there, but when trying to create new ones now a error message appears. I will look into this tomorrow.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
There are some unstable issues on the new client, which they are trying to fix atm. That means, the server might not work as intended, and you might crash from time to time.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I have updated it to a more stable version now.

only plugins missing atm(Author says he will update them later today). is:

Worldedit
commandbook

------------------------------

I have now added a new plugin for rewards killing monsters. More about this can be read in the plugin thread.(called EcoMonster)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Everything is fixed now.

But I have a small issue with the MultipleHomes plugin. It is quite buggy, and sometimes messes up the server(It is not yet updated), and it does not seem it will be updated anytime soon.

This means I will have to change it, to another plugin. Only downtime is that this plugin only allows 1 sethome location. This means I will give people time to choose their /sethome location wisely.

This plugin gives other features tho, and you can set "warp" locations. Which everyone can port too.

This plugin will also support iConomy, that means! It will cost you inngame money, everytime you use /home or /warp. What amount I am talking about I am not sure yet.

Diamonds_Plz

Fledgling Freddie
im not too sure i like the new home plugin you want to use. im sure many of the users, like me, NEED atleast 10 of the homes, i have 1 that goes to my main house, 1 to my safe room with my materials (not needed now because of the chest locker) 1 that goes to my sheep farm, 1 that goes to my paradise house which is pretty far away from the city and im not sure id be able to find it again, 1 goes to my main mineshaft which is under my paradise house, and 1 goes to the art gallery im building

so i would need atleast 6, plus the portals dont always work for my so i rely on the home teleports to get me from world to world. id rather live with the bugs..

Chosen

Resident Freddy
im not too sure i like the new home plugin you want to use. im sure many of the users, like me, NEED atleast 10 of the homes, i have 1 that goes to my main house, 1 to my safe room with my materials (not needed now because of the chest locker) 1 that goes to my sheep farm, 1 that goes to my paradise house which is pretty far away from the city and im not sure id be able to find it again, 1 goes to my main mineshaft which is under my paradise house, and 1 goes to the art gallery im building

so i would need atleast 6, plus the portals dont always work for my so i rely on the home teleports to get me from world to world. id rather live with the bugs..

Its just that, the multiplehomes plugin takes up more server rescourses atm then all the other plugins together. I can't run that plugin, especially if many people are online at the same time! It would most likely crash the server.

+ People is porting around too much as it is atm, making the point in having connection roads etc a little pointless :)

DjSatansfury

Regular Freddie
Im the same, I have multiple places that are inaccessible via normal routes. Even if there is roads being built, im not sure I'd want to spend all my time running around trying to get to places (Especially as the server expands, and expands out to larger territory)

Charging for warping is a daft idea. Im currently a bit puzzled as to how the economy on the server is going to work with the gold per tick removed. Currently the only way is killing stuff (which nets you bugger all) or selling stuff?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Im the same, I have multiple places that are inaccessible via normal routes. Even if there is roads being built, im not sure I'd want to spend all my time running around trying to get to places (Especially as the server expands, and expands out to larger territory)

Charging for warping is a daft idea. Im currently a bit puzzled as to how the economy on the server is going to work with the gold per tick removed. Currently the only way is killing stuff (which nets you bugger all) or selling stuff?

There are more ways to earn money.

First off, one solution is killing monsters.

But the best paid job is to trade your goldbars into the bank, and recieve GC for it!

Else you could always help open up shops.

Its not like I want to remove the multiplehomes plugin, but it is making the server so unstable. And it is not about taking high fees using the ports, if I ever take something at all.

Anyway, I'll just make a thread about it, and setup a poll! That way people can vote, and I do what the majority chooses. Since it seems the opinions is very split about this subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom