Ventrilo sound bug

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
I have a problem with my Ventrilo. Starting and connecting is no problem. While connected to our guild server, i got smooth 20 sm and no lag. I can talk like normal, and hear others with good quality - for a while.

After <random> time sound crashes. The sound becomes sparkling/crunchy and it's very difficult to hear others talking, while I can talk and my friends can here me without problems. When we aint doing something important, the sound works perfectly and we can talk and laugh for a good while (3h+). But as soon there's something importent like RvR, Arti hunts etc, it sparkles away... This is very annoying! :touch:

Now I don't think it's ventrilo itself that has problems, but my soundcard and/or drivers. I've tried it all - uninstalling, reinstalling, updating, but the problem remains. Have anyone else had this problem, and come up with an idea that can fix it? I'm dying to fix this ... help! :)

edit: I only got this problem using Ventrilo. I can play other games, listen to Winamp and *.* without any problems at all. Only ventrilo that's f**ked. :eek:

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
on a slightly related note, my ventrilo occasionally starts broadcasting a loud buzzing noise to everyone listening and only stops if i restart it. anyone can help with that? :D

(thread hijack successful :p )

Haruh

Fledgling Freddie
try changing to direct sound input, think that's what it called atleast, dunno if all sound cards have it though, but that fixed a couple of problems I had with ventrilo (with sound input getting closed after a while)

inviteme

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
on a slightly related note, my ventrilo occasionally starts broadcasting a loud buzzing noise to everyone listening and only stops if i restart it. anyone can help with that? :D

(thread hijack successful :p )

I have had some problems with this bug aswell, it seems to get triggered by using setup; i could be on vent for days if i didnt run setup, and the more times i ran setup the more frequent the bug was. It didnt help to restart the client either, but a full reboot did help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom