Help Vent & Windows 7 64 Issues

tierk

Part of the furniture
I have started to have massive problems with Vent in the last ten to fourteen days. When I start it seems to work fine but after a while - it doesn't seem to be a fixed amount of time when it happens - the vent goes all quiet, even when I speak and then 2-5 minutes later I start to get all the chat that occurred previously, mine included.

Massive lag and at times I just lose connection with it and then it either reconnects or I have to manually reconnect.

I have tried the following to resolve

1. In settings ticked Direct Sound

2. Compatibility mode all settings, though my vent will not show any of the xp compatibility settings - either vista ones or server.

3. I have gone into SFX settings and made it front speakers only

4. Tried to adjust the settings in the task manager - priorities set to high - but on some vents it allows me to do this and on others, it will not.

5. I have run the compatibility settings run as Admin.

None of this seems to have done the job.

Can anyone here help at all, as it is making it harder and harder for me with groups in RvR?

Rep Inc for any solutions.

Thanks in Advance.

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
Well ... I kinda see where this is going. I think I have had that problem also a few times.
I run vent in admin mode and use push to talk. Since i used those two options i am not getting it so often anymore. Also, I changed priority from vent in task manager to High. Not that this will have any impact but you never know.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Well ... I kinda see where this is going. I think I have had that problem also a few times.
I run vent in admin mode and use push to talk. Since i used those two options i am not getting it so often anymore. Also, I changed priority from vent in task manager to High. Not that this will have any impact but you never know.

I have tried all the things you mention and it still seems fooked. i am wondering if maybe it is because of a update from windows or something because it was working just fine until a few days ago.

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
hm ? And only daoc ? Or also other games ?
What version of vent are you on ?

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH

Thats the way to do it in Windows7! Thats the only way there works :)

I have just 1 problem, i cant figure out how to put my microphone up in volume, so ppl easier can hear me:)

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
Thats the way to do it in Windows7! Thats the only way there works :)

I have just 1 problem, i cant figure out how to put my microphone up in volume, so ppl easier can hear me:)

Set inbound volume higher ?
or is it outbound ? I am always mistaken.

Anyway, you can easily check that by clicken the 'test' button. if it is running you can press the push to talk button and you will see *start*, while you are pressing the button you say something. If you stop pressing the button it will say *stop* and you will hear yourself.

Google the difference inbound/outbound. I think it is inbound.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Inbound affects the volume of incoming messages outbound affects your own outgoing volume, so you need to increase outbound.

I've known lots of people have problems with vent and win7, myself I've never had a problem at all with it so can't really offer advice on the op :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I heard from my daoc guild that its a known issue with vent and win 7 64bit and not much can be done ... it doesnt affect TS tho as i been using a TS server fine i try to use nite hawks vent server last night and got the same intermittent crap logging itself in and out all the time heh

tierk

Part of the furniture
Man i have tried everything to fix this. If anyone has a miracle solution that comes up in the future please let me know as i have reduced greatly the amount of time i play becuz of this.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Think we have to wait for some vent patch or so to get it to work imo

tierk

Part of the furniture
Think we have to wait for some vent patch or so to get it to work imo

Someone recommended i uninstall a load of updates for windows, tried it and :( One other person said to try and download the vent for xp instead of 7-64. Not worked :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
just wasting time i think ... more and more suggestions hehe ... i suggest you drink a beer .. and wait for a patch or new verions :)

tierk

Part of the furniture
This problem doesnt seem to happen to everyone running vent on windows 7 i am wondering if it has anything to do with the updates from microsoft?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Try starting the game before starting vent, and yes, you need to run it as administrator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom