Vanguard Saga of heroes 14 day trial

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ok, Sony game, not had any experience of online games with them, some of you might with SWG.

Worth bothering with the game or not? Ye or no?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ok, Sony game, not had any experience of online games with them, some of you might with SWG.

Worth bothering with the game or not? Ye or no?

Pro´s:
Graphics
Plate armor looks bloody cool
Varied classes
Good amount of quests
Lots of content

Con´s:
Grindtastic
Crafting system is just wierd

Consider this was at least a year back! So i´d say Ye, definately!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I am guessing same sorta genre as dungeons and dragons online, could be wrong....downloading it to find out, long dl too :E

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Ok, it has a ffa pvp server, not tryed it yet as i wanna look around. Looks a bit like a cross between WAR and Oblivion so far. Certainly better looking than WAR anyways.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
only reason i've not tried this, is that its SOE who runs it. Hate them.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
SOE > GOA tbh :lol:
Nah, got banned from SWG cause i wanted my stuff back after they went poof after a patch, all i had left was my naked char, gear, house, harvesters.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
From what i heard form m8s who played SWG all quited when did the socalled revamp :p

Afran

Part of the furniture
Awful game, had potential, just never sprouted. The only good thing about V:SoH is/was the graphics, possibly the best graphics on an MMO out there (I'd say the best, but LotRO comes close), although performance was horrible when I played. The game almost feels like a korean MMO, it's all about grinding, and when I say grind, I mean grind. Quests are almost never worth doing, the only way to level is via grinding mobs. Although the two main reasons I quit were there was no end-game content (when I played atleast) and class imbalance was off the scale like never seen before :p

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Been playing it semi-activly for a couple of month and its a totaly different game today from when it was launched two years ago. The exp curve have been lowerd and exp from quests improved, so questing is the way to go, there's no grinding in the leveling process anymore.
The crafting system is one of the best ive tried in any mmo, it takes a while to get used to it and its abit of a grind (wich crafting should be :) ). Diplomacy is compelling but awfully boring after a few hours.

The game is still quite rough on your 'puter, you need a decent system to run it smoothly and even then you get lag here and there... balanced is the settings most people ive talked to runs it well in...

The new newbiefarm "island of dawn" gives you a taste of all three spheres and a pretty good feeling of the game. Sadly almost all classes gets their defining abilities at level 14-16 and IoD is capped at level 10

- English -

Resident Freddy
Been playing the free trial today and ive bought a months subscription, though now its downloading the rest of the game. Im a level 10 sorc on Xeth server (fremster).

If anyone is playing chuck me a tell as im a noobie! :p

I played when it was first released and it is different. Only thing i never understood was why sorcs got stealth:)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Been playing the free trial today and ive bought a months subscription, though now its downloading the rest of the game. Im a level 10 sorc on Xeth server (fremster).

If anyone is playing chuck me a tell as im a noobie! :p

I played when it was first released and it is different. Only thing i never understood was why sorcs got stealth:)

also signed on for a month, called mauness on xeth.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Played for a few hours, was ok imo, been offline though for the past few days, so still not been on pvp yet :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Have to say, that riding that Pegasus was prolly the sweetest thing I've done in a game since god mode fly around a map and doing it for the first time ever, damned nice tbh.

- English -

Resident Freddy
is there even pvp?

Im on teh Xeth server and heard theres arenas at 50.. not sure anyone plays them though hehe

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I am not on xeth as I wanted to look around, after all it's a 14 day trial, subbing will obviously move me to pvp.

So all I know is that there is a pvp (ffa) server, umm try attacking someone? xD

Damned nice game even without the pvp :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
I am not on xeth as I wanted to look around, after all it's a 14 day trial, subbing will obviously move me to pvp.

So all I know is that there is a pvp (ffa) server, umm try attacking someone? xD

Well im not too sure if im on the right server.. i chose the one which said there was more population on.

If your gonna pay to play on PVP server i can come make a char there or something ;p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
There is a pvp server, it is on the login when you first run the game :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

aye its miles from the disaster it was on release. thinking about resubbing again a month on the 18:th when i get paid just to see whats going on.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
The ffa pvp server name is Sartok, just for anyone that wants to know =)

XRolando

Fledgling Freddie
I used to play a bit on Sartok, wouldn't mind coming back and trying out some more classes and playing my "old" (level 14 or so :p) characters.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I used to play a bit on Sartok, wouldn't mind coming back and trying out some more classes and playing my "old" (level 14 or so :p) characters.

try my acc if you want, not playing it anymore lol

got bored of lack of pop ;s

good game though, shame no pvp like war, and more players ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom