van der sar

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Has gone to Man U.

Good move IMO, he is a quality keeper and will do well for a season while Casilas decides if he is leaving Madrid or not.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Casillas won't go to Man Utd, in the highly unlikely event of him leaving Real Madrid.

Anyway, that's the end of Van Der Sar's career.

Gray

FH is my second home
Van Der Sar is a very very good keeper, maybe the ideal replacement finally for Schmeicel, but with Utds luck with poor Keeping over the season/s i wonder whether he will get hit with that curse

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He's arrived too late. Had Ferguson managed to sign him after Schmeical left then he would have been perfect. As it is he is a good one season signing.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
He is okay although he will probably turn shit now that he is at Man Utd. ;) How old is he anyway? Not that it matters as much with goalies, but I doubt he has to many seasons left in him.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Mobius said:
He is okay although he will probably turn shit now that he is at Man Utd. ;) How old is he anyway? Not that it matters as much with goalies, but I doubt he has to many seasons left in him.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
He'll get blamed for Man Utd shit defence like every other keeper they've had recently. Fergie needs to appropriate blame, he's terrible at it.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Mobius said:
He is okay although he will probably turn shit now that he is at Man Utd. ;)
He turned shit about 5 years ago at Juve. He lost all his confidence, I can remember once see him almost getting out of the way of the ball, it was like he was scared of it. I don't see him being any better than Howard tbh (who I don't think is that bad a keeper).

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:
He's arrived too late. Had Ferguson managed to sign him after Schmeical left then he would have been perfect. As it is he is a good one season signing.

Schmeichel left in 1999 ! You'd have thought that from 7+ goalies in the intervening 5 years they'd have got it right by now.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Only four keepers in the world I would say are top class. And those teams wouldn't sell them. It's not easy to get a keeper that would be able to fill schmeicels boots. Only Buffon, Cech really fit the bill. Casilas is promising, and Cudicini is solid as well. But I can't see Chelsea selling either of their keepers, let alone to Utd. Juve parting with Buffon is a pipe dream -and probably a very expensive one at that.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I thought vanders was just above average personally, unless he has improved a lot recently.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Embattle said:
I thought vanders was just above average personally, unless he has improved a lot recently.

Yeah and I don't think he is worth his own thread!

Gray

FH is my second home
Well Chelsea are listening to offers from Everton for Cudicini atm, he wants first team football - Cech is stopping him. We are going to need a replacement keeper since Wright is Shite, and Martyn isnt getting younger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom