Vampiir 101

Runimatrix

Fledgling Freddie
Hi im a veteran from mid/pryd and was thinking of starting a vampiir on ur lovly server and realm. I just need a few questions answering first:

1. Do any of the new catacombs classes vampiir mainly get any use from bb's i heard buffs dont affect them, is this true? i mean can red nurt buffs do nothing on a vamp?

2.I have read vn boards and kno to lvl i should go SM/P but i was thinking that to pl a toon would 50SM/43P b viable and if druids are virtually not needed on vamps wot wud b a good backup class?

3. Also i kno out of the 3 races Shar = higher HP in end, Keen = Quiker hits so faster power regen and celt is somewhere in between. I am more of a role player so i was wondering if any1 has any pics of these 3 chars in there undead view as i hear Celts look like goths lol.

4. Also i believe hib pierce dmg is based on Str/Dex and vampiir power is based on str also?

Thanx for ur input xxx

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
1. Only buffs that are any use are haste and AF, to be honest at the rate my guild mate solo's without any forum of heals, buffs or help at all you really dont need them. Hell he's faster than my FOP druid helping my lowbie animist!

2. Specing I'll leave to someone else - not sure what's best.

3. Shars always look evil, I'd always pick one of them personally. Although from playing Alb Lurks can be such a pain in the arse to target if they're moving about :-P

4. <looks clueless>

Come play hib, it's a laugh!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
1. base AF, spec AF ( via item ), haste, health regen...so every non-stat buff

2. 43pierce, 38SM, 32VE ir fotm atm

3. Shar are best vamps cause they have high con and same str as celts. Luri makes poor vamps cause the extra qui is not really needed and str is casting attribute for vamps, so not a good idea loosing on that.

4. All realm piercers are str/dex, where all realm = hib+alb =)

Suffix

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
1. base AF, spec AF ( via item ), haste, health regen...so every non-stat buff

2. 43pierce, 38SM, 32VE ir fotm atm

3. Shar are best vamps cause they have high con and same str as celts. Luri makes poor vamps cause the extra qui is not really needed and str is casting attribute for vamps, so not a good idea loosing on that.

4. All realm piercers are str/dex, where all realm = hib+alb =)

Kinda harsh to say luri's are poor vamps, as they have highest ws along with celt, but have more qui, which means more dps >> more power :) where shars have low ws, and low qui.

And yes, vamp primary dmg output is melee :X Sure Shars get more hp, but im quite satisfied with 2300 on my luri atm.. But i do agree, they look much cooler xD

Also, no form of manaregen, what so ever will benefit on vamps.. Sadly enough, mana trap or whatever its called, works perfectly fine on us, along with other ML power consuming stuff

P.s. i would have rolled a shar, but my m8 convinced me to go luri for the heck of it xD

Oh yeah, bards are very nice to duo with, imo :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Go luri and spec VE for proper damage. Sure you can go shar and stand a couple hits more, but that's what you'll be doing, standing :p

Advantages of VE spec (i'll let someone else praise the others): Very high weaponskill with the buff up; the last claw which also get's a boost in 1.74; 40% (or 50% if you go full VE) evade buff; and last but not least the 50% fumble debuff which you also get with the fotm spec. There's also a mob control spell that dismisses up to lvl 50 (or 65 again if you go full VE) mobs, but alas doesn't work on enemy controled pets :(

I've put 13 on sm for the extra bit of speed and the 40% end drain. So 13sm, 48ve, 43 pierce (pierce is non negotiable as you need the called shot).

However, if I was planning to go dementia, I'd definitely roll a shar and be the damage absorption toon in a group. Choises, choises, choises :)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Thought I read that starting stat didn't affects vampiir power pool, only str from items. Anyways, luris look so sweet imo.

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Runimatrix said:
Hi im a veteran from mid/pryd and was thinking of starting a vampiir on ur lovly server and realm. I just need a few questions answering first:

1. Do any of the new catacombs classes vampiir mainly get any use from bb's i heard buffs dont affect them, is this true? i mean can red nurt buffs do nothing on a vamp?

2.I have read vn boards and kno to lvl i should go SM/P but i was thinking that to pl a toon would 50SM/43P b viable and if druids are virtually not needed on vamps wot wud b a good backup class?

3. Also i kno out of the 3 races Shar = higher HP in end, Keen = Quiker hits so faster power regen and celt is somewhere in between. I am more of a role player so i was wondering if any1 has any pics of these 3 chars in there undead view as i hear Celts look like goths lol.

4. Also i believe hib pierce dmg is based on Str/Dex and vampiir power is based on str also?

Thanx for ur input xxx

1. We benefit only fron base AF and haste so bot is not really needed imho.

2. Dont bother PL'ing a backup class its not worth it, if u are truely lazy you could make a bard for endo regen but its not needed for most vamp specs.

3. Race is a matter of preference really, at 50 Luri can cap Qui soft cap but have slightly lower HP than Shap, they also have the joint highest possible weapon skill. Celt have the wep skill of the luri but less Qui (Sm spec this is not a problem), Celt have almost the same HP of the shar. Shar are the slowest swingers, slightly lower wep skill than Celt and Luri but most HP overall. FYI im a Celt.

4. Correct :)

Another race choice consideration - Patch 1.75 will see claw damage adjusted by Str spec and haste delve corrected upward for SM spec Vamps, draw your own conclusions from there...

Isus

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved

According to tests posted on the vampiir vn boards:

- Innate str (strength from being a luri/shar/celt) does not affect power pool
- Str from aug str apparantly does not affect power pool
- Only str from SC, and power % bonuses affect power pool

As for qui not being needed, well that depends on your template. I want GS/GoLM/CB/Scalars/SoM and to make that fit with decent str/dex caps I need to gimp qui a bit - so from that point of view luris are good.

But much more importantly, shar are UGLY with funny bits sticking out of their arms, no thanks!

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Luri, always luri with pierce styles, fast hitting, high evade rates etc etc

43 Pierce, 22 SM, 30 VE, 33 Dementia

It's a tri-spec I know, but works really well. Gives good evade, parry, haste, melee resists, magic resists and sleath lore etc etc Also gives a good Cold and Matter claw to vary your damage a bit.

And Vampiric Feint and Eye Shot are you're best friends(39 and 43 Vamp Pierce styles).

Don't go fotm spec, try the tri-spec, a guy on Hib Pryd uses this spec and does really well.

And tbh, don't bother with a BB. While leveling get a fast fast weapon with a decent proc on it(dd or haste).

When 50 use Cold LW alongside your cold claw ;) Vewy nice combo.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I wanted to try out 43Pierce 42VE 13DE 23SM.

Anyone trying this spec?, curious to how it performs seems nice with all these toys. :)

Defence:
40% Evade buff
23% Parry Buff
10% Melee resist
5% Magic resist
90 Tick HoT
Dismiss npc's up to level 50

Offence:
160DD Claw
90DD Ranged
24% WS buff
18% Combat spd buff
Usual 43 Pierce stuff.

Other Toys:
9% Effective debuff
50% Fumble debuff
450 Unit MoS thingy
3rd level spd
40% End tap

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
My gamestyle might seem quite simple, however most of my fights have been decided within the period of 10 seconds. I don't have the toys that a double spec can offer (or a tri-spec) but I don't seem to need them either.

Example:

You spot an enemy, hit charge, power bolt (attracts their attention even if you don't get any power), WS buff, parry buff (11% but still works). If it's a melee class fumble debuff and end drain while landing a couple of shots, then claw em down. If it's a mage, zou (ml1 banelord - 50% casting time penalty, works wonders on MoCing mages and BD pets), end drain to get stop em from running, claw em down.

The highest claw is what has saved my ass in most of the fights. A two style anytime chain might seem easy to land, but what you'll be facing out there are window dragers (you hit them once, then you see them 10 metres behind you, hence no chain), people that run through you, strafe like nutters all the time and many other tricks or bugs or whatever you want to call em. Fast hits to power up, and a hard claw to bring em down is what I consider essential (matter legendary and matter claw, you'll be surprised how many times I hit for + damage. At the same time, have a piercer with the same stats/resists as the legie for people with resist buffs).

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I favor the VE specc with matter dmg claws and WS, but i have question for you Gear; Don't you miss the HoT?

I havent really played a vamp much at all, (comp is down :() but from what ive seen theyre much of a solo/duo class, and the thing that really makes em hard to kill in a 1v1 or 2v1 is that cursed HoT?

And also, how much WS do you get at 50 with the 30% ws buff?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
WS at rr3 with 43+13 pierce is at 1667, with the 30% buff goes to 2180. I can't say I miss the HoT, well maybe if it was the 300 point one it would be ok but then I'd miss my overall utility. If I face more than one enemy at the same time, I use other tricks to shut their damage. IP and healing pots are used often tho :p

One more thing also. My power is what I'm looking at mostly. If I'm powered up, I'm pretty much guarranteed a couple of kills, if i'm not, no hot would save me anyway. The only classes I have encountered that can shut me down effectively (if it's played by someone who knows what he's doing) are Armsmen, Warriors, Mercs and Shammans (the kite-ing type, tho I have solved this problem with some poisoned weapons I keep :p). Mind you, the three classes I've mentioned will be hitting for 500-600 per swing at least, so even a 300 point hot wouldn't do much. 40% evade, saves you more hit points ;)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Very off topic, but...

"The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. Gear has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

Grrr, clear some msgs please. :p

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Warden makes a good backup class have been doing my scroll farming with one, AF buff+PBT and heals if needed :)

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Whilst solo xp ing i'm using my old druid as a bb, blue haste red af and yellow dmg shield, with him healing between fights its goin very fast.

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
This is Runimatrix here on my m8s file cos im at his house. :touch: thanx for all the input and i will delete my inbox now lol. I think i am going to go for a celt male and i will play about with a spec at 50 probably tri spec imo i will c. thanx xx

Suffix

Fledgling Freddie
Mirari said:
Personally I favor the VE specc with matter dmg claws and WS, but i have question for you Gear; Don't you miss the HoT?

Unless you are full SM, the hot wont save your ass, imo.. i have the cookie cutter spec, and dont use the hot while fighting really, too many other stuff i need to put up first..

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Jaem- said:
Very off topic, but...

"The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. Gear has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

Grrr, clear some msgs please. :p

done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom