Vamp specc

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Oki ive been twinking and thinkin..

i sofar havent really seen the goodness from the Eyeshot combo sure the follow up does good dmg but the starter style is pure BS.....
So im thinkin why not use VampirSting style and DB?

that would lead to a specc of

39pierce
41VE
28SM
18 Dementia

Good all rounded specc i think

Ofcourse my experience with the class sofar is small so thats why i ask is this a good spec or is it pure BS?

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
pure BS imho (sorry)
eye shot is the best way to go
Vampiiric Feint is shite damage but it gets your power up alot because only vamps can get it.
Imo if u r RvR go 38 SM 43 pierce and 32 VE this way u get stealth lore etc and good all round spec
BUT...
If your Pve go 50SM and 43 pierce as then u can go for higher mobs etc

This is just me but imo its best spec, gl.
Hope this helps

Jim

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i've found VS and then ES easy to land if you run-through and straft...

-*-Lothlorion-*-

Fledgling Freddie
It really does all depend on your play style :)
but i would have to agree eye shot is a must.
Both the temps so far are very good for rvr but dont rule out a high dem spec vamp , we have a guildie that rocks full dem spec! has nice pulseing mez , awsome resists , truly an awsome effectiveness and amour debuff , as well as buff sher ect..
Ok you do loose alot of toys from the other lines but its an option for you.
Best of luck tho ... as a vamp is not as easy to play as some "non hibbie players think".

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Little Boy said:
eye shot is the best way to go
Vampiiric Feint is shite damage but it gets your power up alot because only vamps can get it.

Eye shot and VF both have their drawbacks aswell. VF drains end like nothing else + does very low dmg. Eye shot has a very high style bonus and with every dog and its owner, running around with wh/phn/sok your dmg goes down the drain.

Pure RVR wise i'd see it like this.

38 sm or higher, anything lower isnt hardly worth it (end drain mebbe, yeh i know). Actually atm i find this line the best, high % haste, end drain, good parry buff, awesome HoT and snare(!).
dem, you could keep low for just green resists for example. Very good for group, also very difficult to play well.
ve - if you wannebe fotm! Ofc it has a reason to be fotm. Stealth lore is najs, evade buff is ok, though i always felt the parry buff is better (be it power usage or parry/evade rate). Ofc then there's the weaponskill buff...
At some point higher ws does absolutly nothing for you anymore. The question is wether you reach the cap of ~2400ws or wether the differance of having a little less is worth spec'ing for. Anyways yeh you will have a high dmg output and if you go low on pierce, then 33ve can be very handy :|
I did however go without ve and 33p aswell. It's doable, but hard :p

Of the specs i can remember i tried: 48dem, 45p. 49sm, 28dem, 34p (the longest i think). 37dem, 33ve, 43p (for fg rvr). 41ve, 38sm, 34p. 46sm,33ve, 33p wich i am now. The 46HoT is to good to miss imho!
Did have a couple of more and as you can see i don't really like spec'ing 43p. Cost me a fking fortune of respec stones :|

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Ohh and to answer your spec. Why 39pierce? Go 43 (or 45 if high dem) or go 34p to even lower (!) 29p (mebbe with a couple of rr's :p). Anything in between is just a waiste of spec points.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Well

My Vamp is currently specced...

34 Pierce
46 SM
32 VE

And does excellently.

Eye shot's growth rate is indeed massive. However it chains from a style with almost a non existant growthrate. (fient)

There are numerous test logs on VN boards comparing the fient / eyeshot chain with spamming Vampiric sting.

Asuming every style hits, the VF/ES chain does indeed come out on top for average damage, but the numbers dont actually show a massive difference.

This is because the avarage damage from the two part VF/ES chain is only marginally bigger than the avarage damge from 2x stings.

you have almost no damage from VF, then lots from ES, the low damage from VF brings the average damage per swing down considerably. Where as damage from stings, is fairly constant from swing to swing

Off course... the assuption that every style lands is the big teller, and over time, spamming sting, instead of using the Awfull damage of fient, followed by hoping to land a big eye shot... doesnt produce much lower damage totals. since missing one of the styles in the vf/es chain cripples your damage oputput for that cycle, where as missing a sting... doesnt affect your damage over time significantly.

I use vamp sting as my anytime, and throw in the evade stun / parry bleed, and rear style when neccicary.

Combined with all the utility i get from my other spec lines, my vamp is very well rounded.

HIghest HOT (300 per tic)
Highest speed
Second highest heat claw
90% end drain
49% hard coded parry
45% self melee haste (capped swing speed with slowest weapon)
35% hard coded evade
15% self weaponskill buff (just under 1800 total with buff)
40% enemy fumble debuff
130 delve uninterubtable ranged heat DD
Maintained enemy focus snare
Secoind tier Self Stealthlore buff.

Plus other stuff i cannot remember.

I never have problems gaining power, and my melee output is more than enough to do the job.

I like my vamp, and would not change it at all.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Mines

43 Pierce
41 VE
28 SM (blue con HoT/End)

and love it in RvR

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Ckiller said:
i sofar havent really seen the goodness from the Eyeshot combo sure the follow up does good dmg but the starter style is pure BS.....

Well, somehow i felt the same about vf + es chain...

I did some tests, VF has 1.14 growth rate and ES has 2.04. Assuming no misses we have an average 1.59 growth rate compared with the 1.36 of the vampiir sting.

BUT, in a fight no way one will gona get 100% hit rate. We have plain misses (doh, even swinging at a caster you get the odd miss), evades, parry, block, target out of view, target too far, etc.

Let's say a regular fight, 10 swings with only 3 misses (miss as in miss/evade/parry/block/toov/ttf):
For vf+es it can be like this: vf, es, miss, vf, es, vf, miss, vf, miss, vf. We get an average 0.98 growth rate. (this is pretty realistic i think, altho i've had fights with only one succesful vf-es chain).
For vampiir sting spam with 3 misses out of 10 swings we get an average 0.95 growth rate.

Not that much of a difference, eh? much easy to mindless spam the one style and you get the oportunity to use some more or less weird spec.

for example i was pretty happy between rr5 and rr6 with 40pierce, 40sm, 33ve

And don't come with the "vf+es really does wonders against casters. A caster can take no more than a vf+es+vf and 2 claws". Ofc, it may be true but what casters a solo vamp meets? sorc? caba? sm? bd-er? warlock? loltap ftw...

conventions:
a unstyled hit means base damage and gets a growth rate of 1.00
the damage from a styled hit divided with the base damage means the growth rate for that style

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Of the specs i can remember i tried: 48dem, 45p. 49sm, 28dem, 34p (the longest i think). 37dem, 33ve, 43p (for fg rvr). 41ve, 38sm, 34p. 46sm,33ve, 33p wich i am now. The 46HoT is to good to miss imho!

hmm, you didnt tried 48ve? 48ve is the most damaging spec not only because of the ws buff... mostly because the matter claw does really good damage.

i've tried all three 48+ specs and dementia was the crapiest overall while sm and ve being pretty much even, both having pro and contras but in the end i can safely say they seemed even to me.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Nobody has mentioned how VE is being nerfed in 1.87 ( 2x reuse timer on Fumble debuff)

43 Pierce
38 Shadow Mastery
32 Vampiiric Embrace tbh

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
anioal said:
hmm, you didnt tried 48ve? 48ve is the most damaging spec not only because of the ws buff... mostly because the matter claw does really good damage.

i've tried all three 48+ specs and dementia was the crapiest overall while sm and ve being pretty much even, both having pro and contras but in the end i can safely say they seemed even to me.

Actually, no i never have. Prolly because of its "fotm'nism", but i always went back to high (preferbly 46) sm. The survivability is too pwn. Anyways, nothing wrong with ve. Hence i got 46sm/33ve atm. The matter claw does really good damage cause most people gimp the matter resist.

To quote Bugz

Bugz said:
HoT is way overrated.

Yeah, 425hp a tick really is way overrated...

And no Punishment, not wurring about the fumble nerf atm. Two patches awah anyway and not too sure if the impact will be big anyway.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
ok with ideas of other similair minds ive decided on this specc

35 pierce
41 ve which will mean 2000+ws(have roughly 1950 with the lvl 20 one and 43 pierce) with ease and a good claw sure ill miss out on the top tier one
33SM best speed for soloin and a ok end tap and a shitty hot :)
18Dementia for 16% extra magic resistance

Thanks guys

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Not sure why dementia is so crap, I am killing purple con mobs at lvl 43 with it.

My assumption at 50 in RvR: Use SoK, have SoM up, 48% melee resis, 70% magic resis, your opponent has no + skills, is effectiviness debuffed and you are hitting one debuffed armor part making some nice damage to gain power to keep this all up and get hit for almost nothing (especially when you use battler or warguard).

It also has a nice mezz for when you fight 2 vs 1.

Cookie cutter spec was toooooo boring to me.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Manisch Depressiv said:
Not sure why dementia is so crap, I am killing purple con mobs at lvl 43 with it.

My assumption at 50 in RvR: Use SoK, have SoM up, 48% melee resis, 70% magic resis, your opponent has no + skills, is effectiviness debuffed and you are hitting one debuffed armor part making some nice damage to gain power to keep this all up and get hit for almost nothing (especially when you use battler or warguard).

It also has a nice mezz for when you fight 2 vs 1.

Cookie cutter spec was toooooo boring to me.

sure dementia is nice but not having fumble vs shiled tanks is crap.
and all that armor debuff shit takes to much attention as u need to see wich part got debuffed and use the right style to hit that part.

getting all debuffs in on a enemy in one fight aint that easy aswell.

i used a tri spec on one of my vamps 32ve 34Dem and 43pirce rest SM (28?) or something and it was realy nice vs tanks but when i thought about it i allmost never got to use any of the Dem stuff exept melee resist when i had lots of pow.

i found 41Ve 44Pirce 11Dem? rest Sm i think to be realy nice
the 48SM spec was working aswell exept against shiled tanks or high parry ones.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
SoK is utterly utterly bugged for vamps... use anything and it breaks :( but u might mean use it as in fight with it and get the procc?

And u cant get battler :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
For some reason I though Vamps can wear Battler on the back :/. Yes, ment SoK proc and at least in PvE the body part hit by the debuff is colored red but I have also no trouble looking it up in the messages.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
for pve i think 49sm 43 pierce rest in ve is the best... i did the vamp's epic solo with that spec. this spec is workin pretty ok in rvr too

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
For what it's worth, as a vamp you really don't need 43p, as long as you have some RR's behind you 39p is plenty to provide enough power to keep you going while doing ok damage.

VE and SM both provide good returns at low specs, but DEM only gets worth while at 30+ spec.

If you went for a DEM/SM split with 39p you'd be extremly tough to kill, although you wouldn't kill particularly fast.

Depnding on how good people's matter & pierce resists are these days, 48ve/43p/13sm or 37sm/40ve/43p would be the highest dps options.

There are lots of intersting and viable specs out there, shame respecing a lot gets rather expensive...

Ziro

Fledgling Freddie
The specs I found most interesting for my vamp were the following:

43p/32ve/30dem/23SM - I'd only take VE that high for the fumble debuff, which has a nerf inc. Also this spec lacks a really decent claw.

45p/24ve/34dem/23sm - 21 leftover pts but very nice bang for your buck! A few more dem goodies + all the called shots.

These specs ofc have shetloads of buttons to push :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom