Vamp specc

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Why is it considerd a must to specc 43 pierce!

I mean couldnt a specc like jsut for example

36pierce 40SM 35dementia rest ve work??

Is the lvl 43 style really all that?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
There are shitloads of things that could work on a vamp, however the problem with the vamp is that there is no stability on what to expect (as in a bm you know what to expect).

43 pierce gives eye shot which has a very good growth rate which in turn means more mana for you to get buffs up or spam claw. However in FG rvr where your ideal role is to be the great interrupter you can get away with a taunt style and try to maintain some decent base damage, so lower pierce could in theory work out.

However if DPS is what you're after, yes you need minimum 43 pierce.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
The generally accepted spec pre rr5 is 43 pierce 38 sm 32 ve ... u get eye-shot (basically a 350-400 damage style that chains off a 200+ style) and all the useful sm/ve toys yellow and the 2nd stealthlore :D

If u are just starting to level i suggest Rolling Shar ... as i have shar and luwi and i find no difference in damage but the extra 200hp of shar = <3

Spec full sm rest pierce until level 38 ...

Then when 38 sm spec all points into pierce until u are 43 pierce 38 sm spec ....

Then from 45-50 or whatever dump rest of points into ve ... and voila u are a yellow evade/parry/fumble debuff/end tap/hot/claw killing machine :D

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Punishment said:
The generally accepted spec pre rr5 is 43 pierce 38 sm 32 ve ... u get eye-shot (basically a 350-400 damage style that chains off a 200+ style) and all the useful sm/ve toys yellow and the 2nd stealthlore :D

I was ve from the start, guerra was split spec but he changed after he saw how my dps was like, blizz has been ve spec most of his vamp career... this sums up the best starting vamps on the server.

The 180 per tick hot wont save you if an infi/sb jumps on you, nor if any other tank tbh. However 50% fumble 40% evade with 11% parry and 15s after weaponskill in the 2200 range (and that was pre-rr5 iirc) will do.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Gear said:
I was ve from the start, guerra was split spec but he changed after he saw how my dps was like, blizz has been ve spec most of his vamp career... this sums up the best starting vamps on the server.

The 180 per tick hot wont save you if an infi/sb jumps on you, nor if any other tank tbh. However 50% fumble 40% evade with 11% parry and 15s after weaponskill in the 2200 range (and that was pre-rr5 iirc) will do.

Not gonna argue with ya Gear migit ... but im assuming that this guy is still xping his vamp ... if 50 im sure you are right ;)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Punishment said:
Not gonna argue with ya Gear migit ... but im assuming that this guy is still xping his vamp ... if 50 im sure you are right ;)

Me thinks he'll pl it :)

Mind you, it's not bad, salonice was pl'd to 49.95 as well ;)

Gratscensi

Banned
Ckiller said:

40pierce 35dem 38sm works perfectly for me.

question is if you want to kill shieldtanks easy (ve), or moccing/ml9pet casters easy (dementia)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Gratscensi said:
40pierce 35dem 38sm works perfectly for me.

question is if you want to kill shieldtanks easy (ve), or moccing/ml9pet casters easy (dementia)

VE can do both. It really is the best Pre-rr5 spec IMO.

Furthermore, ALOT of enemies gimp on matter. Unfortunately I forgot to back up my DAoC screenshots but it's not unusual to be seeing crits of 400 ish on a claw vs the enemy.

After rr5, your options widen up a bit since you can start specing the big boy RA's.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Oh im lvling on avalon! Just lookin for what specc ill use in fg rvr that also works good solo?(is that the ve specc? i always thought Demetia specced vamps would be awesome in fg fights due to the resists) And ofcourse lvling specc which i guess ive gotten answerd now

Whats the VE specc most used then? 48ve?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
48ve 13sm 43pierce has a lot of toys that will help you solo and play in FG rvr. However if you're gonna run with groups mostly, go dementia. Then you'll have the uber interrupt tool.

Resist buffs up and uninterrupted lvl 1 DD ;) from VE line

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Was looking at my old screenshots, this is from when I was running dementia for having a laugh vs caster groups :p

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Gear said:
Resist buffs up and uninterrupted lvl 1 DD ;) from VE line
Why not use the claw in dementia? Am i missing sumthing?

Oh and thanks

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Gear said:
Was looking at my old screenshots, this is from when I was running dementia for having a laugh vs caster groups :p

Lol hahaha

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ckiller said:
Why not use the claw in dementia? Am i missing sumthing?

Oh and thanks

The DD from VE line is 1500 range. Without determination you'll end up being rooted weather you like it or not. Also, you can just get in the middle of the fight, remain stationary and DD everything around you. With the magic resists up, you'll have a great laugh ;)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Dementia rocks in groups. Also pretty solo fun since you can't loose to a caster unless you fuck something up :D

This is true on cluster tho, but from what ive heard Avalon is more of a tank server where you wont benefit as much from dem as you would on cluster, so i'd suggest you try to go VE there. VE is REALLY insane damage when you run with a matter weapon.

Also if you spec dem go for 45 p, using called shots on debuffed targets gives you a chance of doing some insane hits, plus your train mates will love the chance to hit the debuffed armor :)

Gratscensi

Banned
Bugz said:
VE can do both. It really is the best Pre-rr5 spec IMO.

Furthermore, ALOT of enemies gimp on matter. Unfortunately I forgot to back up my DAoC screenshots but it's not unusual to be seeing crits of 400 ish on a claw vs the enemy.

After rr5, your options widen up a bit since you can start specing the big boy RA's.

pre-rr5 nah thats bs. ve is overall the easist spec because you can win by only spamming fumble and enddrain.

dementia actually takes some thought of what to use.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Gratscensi said:
pre-rr5 nah thats bs. ve is overall the easist spec because you can win by only spamming fumble and enddrain.

End - Drain is sm line ;)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
You still get 40 end leech with the VE spec since you spec 43p, 48 VE 13 sm

FYI Gratscensi, no matter what buttons you press you will usually loose against any assassin, lighttank, heavy tank and hybrid tank :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
ve is overall the easist spec because you can win by only spamming fumble and enddrain.

Hmm, actually VE wins thanks to the 300 dmg claw and people's non-exitant matter resists. Don't get me wrong, the fumble is ghey and all, but it's resisted a lot and purgeable - the 40% evade is your defence.

As for realtive skill level, what ever, VE is good vs melee, DEM is amazing vs casters, neither is exactly hard to play. Besides, for the most part there's no real skill involved in MMOs, only expirence.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Mirt said:
Hmm, actually VE wins thanks to the 300 dmg claw and people's non-exitant matter resists. Don't get me wrong, the fumble is ghey and all, but it's resisted a lot and purgeable - the 40% evade is your defence.

As for realtive skill level, what ever, VE is good vs melee, DEM is amazing vs casters, neither is exactly hard to play. Besides, for the most part there's no real skill involved in MMOs, only expirence.

300dmg claw? all last dmg claws delve 200 fyi. Anyways base your vamp spec on the way you play. If anything has respec'd and tried every possible spec there is, its my vamp.
Beside's the obvious 43p spec's there's also 45p or down to 21p(!) specs.

As for the skill involved in MMOs. You should define skill then, but its an old and boring discussion anyway :p.

Gratscensi

Banned
crispy said:
FYI Gratscensi, no matter what buttons you press you will usually loose against any assassin, lighttank, heavy tank and hybrid tank :)

from experience, when i play goaone i only have real troubles versus 50shield tanks (and armsmen), admittedly if the assasin gets the jump and evades the 3-4 first swings its bail-time

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
assassins usually evade most blows ;/ at least when i try to hit. Started to use CTD, when that procs its bye bye to evade tho :D

Might consider to get some dex/qui debuff charges to help here also. Should make it quite alot easier to hit with 18xx ws and 1h weap vs thoose classes...

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"300dmg claw? all last dmg claws delve 200 fyi."

Heh most spells hit for more than delv, I forget the exact mechanics, but mine at rr8 hits for ~320 before resists, and most people have low matter resists (or none after a LW proc). The cap for claws is 3x delv although I think it's impossible to hit that hard vs a lvl 50 since vamp acuity never gets that high.

Got a screenie somewhere of a 500+ dmg claw crit tho:p

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Mirt said:
The cap for claws is 3x delv although I think it's impossible to hit that hard vs a lvl 50 since vamp acuity never gets that high.
Isn't the vamp casting stat still strength?

Danita

Theo

Fledgling Freddie
yes STR is spell dmg and increases max power i think

Lorgeil

One of Freddy's beloved
i would say go VE48 and Picering 45 for the last vamp style. Im useing this spec in fg fight becours of the dmg output i get, my so fare best dmg i have done so fare is 889dmg on a caster. that was with a crit, i have been testing alot with the skill buff incresse, i get 2389 weapon skill and i hit for basely 500 dmg depend on classes. But i love the spec in fg fight if the healer is interrupted and has no DI you can 4hit them. And found out that my Dmg is 492 on ppl that has full thrust and AF. But it's still alot of dmg i do.

Dementia is also nice in fg RvR for the Single mezz the melee resistens. It has the Magic resisten incresse aswell. this is also a nice spec for fg rvr. But i perfer to do dmg.

Then ther is the Split spec aswell SM47 VE32 and rest piercing and Warguard. you get a nice defence vs. all classes except casters ofc
you get Evade buff, parry buff fumble etc. and end drain.. all nice :)

but if you aim after the Fg rvr spec go either dementia or VE48 45Piercing but as i have said i perfer the VE spec.

Theo

Fledgling Freddie
Lorgeil said:
Then ther is the Split spec aswell SM47 VE32 and rest piercing and Warguard. you get a nice defence vs. all classes except casters ofc
you get Evade buff, parry buff fumble etc. and end drain.. all nice :)

its 47sm 33ve 32pierce
32ve would be pointless just for a bit more in pierce when you can have 9% more weapon skill going by 33ve

Lorgeil

One of Freddy's beloved
Theo said:
its 47sm 33ve 32pierce
32ve would be pointless just for a bit more in pierce when you can have 9% more weapon skill going by 33ve
yeah sry you right it the spec. i meant ;)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Ckiller said:

i would not advice speccing that low... becouse ur WS will be damn low and you really need to hit alot to get power up in a fight.

that 43 style has the greatest power gain imo (only played my vamp in pve tho :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom